Marcell Dareus at Ravens camp

BillsMafi$

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one’s talking about “earning an offer”.  A contract isn’t a reward for past work.  It’s the future value from your work product

I totally understand, but the contract was given based on what he did. If he sucked his 1st few years, he wouldn't have been extended. He didn't perform to the new contract and was traded. Big deal. You're working yourself up for something that means nothing to you. That's been my point all along. 

And yet, football lives on. As do the Bills. 

10 hours ago, FireChans said:

He joins legends of other flameout losers who are showing up to a training camp at 32 on a futures contract. Good for him lol

And yet, football lives on. As do the Bills. Some people here getting worked up about something that means nothing to them. Need to complain about something. Hey if it makes them feel better about themselves, good for them. I guess.

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

I totally understand, but the contract was given based on what he did. If he sucked his 1st few years, he wouldn't have been extended. He didn't perform to the new contract and was traded. Big deal. You're working yourself up for something that means nothing to you. That's been my point all along. 

And yet, football lives on. As do the Bills. Some people here getting worked up about something that means nothing to them. Need to complain about something. Hey if it makes them feel better about themselves, good for them. I guess.

Yes football lives on despite lots of the ***** things that ***** people do. Cool take.

“The Bills don’t win a Super Bowl and Josh Allen goes to jail.”

Well I guess football lives on. Nothing to talk about per @Dopey

Edited by FireChans

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

I'm hardly "worked up".  lol

Just giving a different opinion to yours---specifically that a person should honor their contract. You disagree--that works for you, I get it.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I feel for the guy, to lose your brother and mother is just horrible. He has made some mistakes but I hope nothing but the best for Dareus. 

He’s easy to make fun of for his goofy caps and multiple missteps. I too wish him all the best. We’ll never know how much of his life’s troubles came from losing family members or becoming insanely wealthy at a young age, or things we know nothing about. Life is complicated, and too short to hate on people.

Yes, he was disappointing in ways, especially after he got paid. Apparently he was not well equipped for what he’s encountered in life. That doesn’t mean he can’t learn and grow as a person. 

I’ll kid about him but, like anyone else, wish him well in life. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.