Marcell Dareus at Ravens camp

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Nope, no shame in maximizing your earnings.

The goal is to get the most money you can in this league. At least for 99% of the players, including Bates. Marcell got paid and good for him. The Bills are still making a ton of money, that contract didn't hurt the franchise. A ton of players don't make it through their first contract (injuries, etc.), he did and got offered a new contract. Again, good for him. 

IMO, people writing stuff like your last "sentence" are idiots who take this way to personal.

Tub of **** goo?!? Really?!?

Is it reasonable for a player to just take the money and run, so to speak?  The new contract carries no obligation on his part?  Just "good for him"?

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

The goal is to get the most money you can in this league. At least for 99% of the players, including Bates. Marcell got paid and good for him. The Bills are still making a ton of money, that contract didn't hurt the franchise. A ton of players don't make it through their first contract (injuries, etc.), he did and got offered a new contract. Again, good for him. 

IMO, people writing stuff like your last "sentence" are idiots who take this way to personal.

“Good for him” for a signing a contract he had no intention of honoring? What happened to good faith?

That’s basically stealing bruh. Episodes like that is why owners will never guarantee contracts. 

He is a tub of goo.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is it reasonable for a player to just take the money and run, so to speak?  The new contract carries no obligation on his part?  Just "good for him"?

Rich people bad except the rich people who got rich stealing from other rich people.

They are heroes.

• Like (+1) 1

He should consider himself extremely lucky he didn’t kill anyone when speeding down Milestrip Rd back when he was a Bill.  Instead of crashing into a tree it could have been a person or group of people.  

I know I know…he was troubled and misunderstood…blah blah blah. 

• Vomit 1

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

Key word there is earnings. If you think that tub of goo earned anything then I’d like to come to work for you. Are you hiring?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

Key word there is earnings. If you think that tub of goo earned anything then I’d like to come to work for you. Are you hiring?

2x pro bowler. 1st team all pro. He got offered a contract based on his play. He earned the offer and took it. Did he live up to his 2nd contract? No, but he earned the offer.

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

“Good for him” for a signing a contract he had no intention of honoring? What happened to good faith?

That’s basically stealing bruh. Episodes like that is why owners will never guarantee contracts. 

He is a tub of goo.

Rich people bad except the rich people who got rich stealing from other rich people.

They are heroes.

It ain't stealing if those rich people offered the money to him. He's not the 1st to not live up to his contact extension and won't be the last. The NFL goes on and isn't hurt by this. Some feelings here though...

On 5/7/2022 at 1:42 PM, mikemac2001 said:

Would Mcbeane draft this guy?

I say no way and that’s why I trust their judgement 

PS he was having a good time after the falcons road game 4-5 years back and seemed like a good guy “was wearing his captain hat” great day 

Dareus' first four years blow away anything Oliver has done. Yes Dareus went to crap but he was a great talent, and Oliver has not come close to the dominance that Dareus showed his first four years.

Beane got us Allen but he has had quite a few failures as well. Ford is a bust. Epenesa look that way too. Teller traded away. And the jury is still out on Edmunds. Beane signed Williams to a significant extension only to cut him one year later.

And let's not forget Beane signed a guy that quit at halftime. 

Have to be really careful assigning praise or blame with the retrospectoscope. 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:22 AM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Dude had HOF talent. 

I think we never saw Dareus' full potential. I've wondered if he could have been the best player in the NFL at any position if he'd been driven to be the best. It's a sad story for sure.

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

It ain't stealing if those rich people offered the money to him. He's not the 1st to not live up to his contact extension and won't be the last. The NFL goes on and isn't hurt by this. Some feelings here though...

He's certainly not the first big tub of goo to cash in then check out.  See Haynesworth, Albert for starers.

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

2x pro bowler. 1st team all pro. He got offered a contract based on his play. He earned the offer and took it. Did he live up to his 2nd contract? No, but he earned the offer.

No one’s talking about “earning an offer”.  A contract isn’t a reward for past work.  It’s the future value from your work product

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

He joins legends of other flameout losers who are showing up to a training camp at 32 on a futures contract. Good for him lol

I don't have anything against the guy.   He was not so much bad as he was not at the level of a #3 pick or his extended contract.    I dont see him making the Ravens team though have been out of football for so long and declining beforehand.    Hopefully he is playing because he wants to and not because he lost all of his money.

Edited by dgrochester55

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.