Rich Eisen sneakiest great pick

CorkScrewHill

He identified his top 5 .. not slam dunk top 10 picks, but the ones that when you did a little you realize it is an amazing match

write-up is here:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/05/buffalo-bills-made-sneakiest-good-draft-pick-of-2022-nfl-draft-says-rich-eisen.html

actual video clip with all 5 is here

skyy Moore to chiefs was number 2, Cook to Bills number 1

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Nice read. Thanks for sharing. Not sure a 2nd round pick can be "Sneaky", but it's good to see Cook has some high profile media fans. I like the pick, but wish Cook was also slated to take carries away from Motor. I can't forget Singletary virtually disappeared from the offense for large chunks of the season. When the Bills had their mid-season slump, Singletary was getting stuffed on a regular basis, and fans were ready to dump him. Hopefully Cook has the stamina to be a productive back in the running game as well. I'm still not 100% certain that Singletary is even a top 30 back in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 5

6 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Nice read. Thanks for sharing. Not sure a 2nd round pick can be "Sneaky", but it's good to see Cook has some high profile media fans. I like the pick, but wish Cook was also slated to take carries away from Motor. I can't forget Singletary virtually disappeared from the offense for large chunks of the season. When the Bills had their mid-season slump, the fans that understand football realized that the offensive line play was the reason for our lack of a run game, not the RB.  While the clueless fans complained about motor.  Hopefully Cook has the stamina to be a productive back in the running game as well. I'm still not 100% certain that Singletary is even a top 30 back in the NFL

Fixed 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Nice read. Thanks for sharing. Not sure a 2nd round pick can be "Sneaky", but it's good to see Cook has some high profile media fans. I like the pick, but wish Cook was also slated to take carries away from Motor. I can't forget Singletary virtually disappeared from the offense for large chunks of the season. When the Bills had their mid-season slump, Singletary was getting stuffed on a regular basis, and fans were ready to dump him. Hopefully Cook has the stamina to be a productive back in the running game as well. I'm still not 100% certain that Singletary is even a top 30 back in the NFL

Singletary was 19th in carries 

16th in yards... That's already above average 

13th in broken tackles.. well above expected average 

And really turned it on when we needed him at the end of the season... It's tough to get into a groove getting eight carries a game 

Is he an all pro? No 

But he's solidly good enough to win with.. certainly could have won the super bowl last year as our lead  

He's not the one holding us back

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 14

17 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

"James Cook in the Buffalo Bills offense is...I-I don't know if that's fair."

It is mind blowing to think that even 2 years ago nobody would be thinking .. oh the Bills just got player X .. it is not fair to other teams .. we are in the twilight zone and it is awesome

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

"James Cook in the Buffalo Bills offense is...I-I don't know if that's fair."

That’s because instead of having to just replace one of the other RBs with that pick, they were able to add a dimension to the offense. The Bills didn’t have anyone like Cook before. He’s eye candy for defenses  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would’t count out Zack Moss. I know he did nothing this year, but he took Devin’s job the year before and was the main guy before he got hurt. I mean he was really, really good. And he has two years left on his deal. 

I'll be the first to count him out.  I hope I'm wrong but Moss had some awful field vision.

I don't have high hopes for him.  I'd honestly rather keep Duke Johnson on the roster over him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They would saying why didnt they address the number one issue on the team

Naw. Likely would have came up with a CB in round 2. Or just waited to pick up Bradberry once he gets cut. 

you missed my joke tho. It’s ok. It’s late. 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

Naw. Likely would have came up with a CB in round 2. Or just waited to pick up Bradberry once he gets cut. 

you missed my joke tho. It’s ok. It’s late. 

Yeah I missed it it’s just every mock draft I saw before the actual draft it took Breece hall in the first ended up screwing up our draft We can’t afford to put in a defensive back in the starting lineup that doesn’t have first round qualities Because Trey may not start the season

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Agree 3

I loved the pick, but wouldn’t call taking one of the best pass catching RB options in the draft going to a team in the 2nd RD. Sneaky.  Since most RB’s don’t get called in the 1st RD anymore it was a good pick at the right place in a need or desired area.  

Beane showed his hand on the Washington debacle what he wanted other than CB  the most.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would’t count out Zack Moss. I know he did nothing this year, but he took Devin’s job the year before and was the main guy before he got hurt. I mean he was really, really good. And he has two years left on his deal. 

I wonder about Moss. In 2020, he was rated as the best RB in pass protection in the NFL. That's not a small thing in the spread offense they were running. I have no idea how he graded in '21 though, and obviously he wasn't used nearly as much. I won't count him out either, and I'll never hang my hat on a rookie RB based on his college tape. Suffice to say there will be some stiff competition for the likely three RB spots on the roster (excluding Taiwan Jones).

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They would saying why didnt they address the number one issue on the team

Would you rather have Elam/Cook or Hall/Taylor-Britt?  I'll take the former.  Barely.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Would you rather have Elam/Cook or Hall/Taylor-Britt?  I'll take the former.  Barely.

It’s easy for me

elam cook

elam has the talent to start immedately and given that we are in our window that is needed because we really don’t know when tre is back

breece is loved because he is fast and can catch the funny thing is so can cook

i am not thrilled about breece halls 800 carries

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yup, and I’m sure you heard Beane’s comments about him not being fully recovered from ankle surgery last year as well.

I’m very pleased with where the RB room sits right now with Motor, Cook, and Moss.

Edit:  and the real reason I opened this thread was to comment that Rich Eisen is another national NFL media guy who has really taken a shine to the Bills.  Nothing but positivity about Allen and what Beane/McD have accomplished.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.