Angry texts sent to Beane after Shakir pick

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Exactly. Value is, to a certain extent, subjective; a commodity is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It's okay to overspend a little to get what you really want, as long as you balance that by being somewhat frugal on things where, for your purposes, the more costly version isn't significantly better than the less expensive one.

e.g., I'll spend extra money on quality craft beers, but I'm cool with middle-of-the-road wines and liquors. 

I hear ya on the cocktails, but when did we all get duped on the four pack of beer for $13.99, the four pack of beer is a crime against humanity, jmo, 😁

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Wide receiver drafted in the 5th round

6'0" 190 lbs

"Doesn't possess the strength or long speed to make a living as an outside receiver, but he can be an extremely effective weapon from the slot as a pro, turning short third-down throws into first downs. He can make things happen when he has the ball in his hands and could become a consistent, productive weapon for the right offensive coordinator."

This is Stefon Diggs' draft profile. It's eerily similar to Khalil Shakir's. 

Very similar size, speed, production, and character.

damn you got me here, thought it was Shakir's !!! well played

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I thought this was gonna be a segment of Beane reading mean tweets....

Don't want it. NEED it.

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Wide receiver drafted in the 5th round

6'0" 190 lbs

"Doesn't possess the strength or long speed to make a living as an outside receiver, but he can be an extremely effective weapon from the slot as a pro, turning short third-down throws into first downs. He can make things happen when he has the ball in his hands and could become a consistent, productive weapon for the right offensive coordinator."

This is Stefon Diggs' draft profile. It's eerily similar to Khalil Shakir's. 

Very similar size, speed, production, and character.

Fascinating comp. Diggs really was a YAC monster in college. 

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t get why people were so angry.  He was drafted in Round 5…there were multiple attempts to draft him

Maybe opportunities would be a better word. The first attempt would have been successful. 

Edited by sirebors

12 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Weird for the writer to not give any examples of what was said, just "people were upset".

That's all the info Beane gave.

The writer couldn't just make up some texts 'cause it would fit his story.

And from what Beane said, rueful would have done just as well to describe the texts as angry or upset.

11 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

🤣😜

How would fans have Beane’s number to send those angry texts?

I read "text" but my brain thought "tweet."

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I hear ya on the cocktails, but when did we all get duped on the four pack of beer for $13.99, the four pack of beer is a crime against humanity, jmo, 😁

That's why I said "overpay a little." I won't pay $12+ for a 4-pack, but I won't complain if I get one for Father's Day.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I read "text" but my brain thought "tweet."

That's why I said "overpay a little." I won't pay $12+ for a 4-pack, but I won't complain if I get one for Father's Day.

It’s not that the beer isn’t tasty, on the contrary, it’s generally good, but  ya know, like all beer it’s supposed to be good, its the quantity per dollars that is askew, imo it’s just a money grab, for a fancy label art considering what the ingredients of various beers actually are. Yes, admittedly I’m ranting a bit, 😂

7 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

This sounds like other GMs were being playful.  It is like a fraternity.  I bet they give each other hard time in a mostly friendly way. 

He and Schoen did to each other.  They kept calling the other person when one was in the middle of a live interview. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.