My 2022-23 Schedule Prediction

corta765

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Where's the person that so out of touch that he puts at Detroit the last game of the year and then has to be reminded the NFL has only done divisional matchups that weekend for like 10 years?

I miss that guy

15 minutes ago, Greg S said:

One of the reasons I don't see the Bills opening at the Rams is because the NFL doesn't need a great game in this spot to draw ratings. Its the first game of the year after a long offseason. The ratings will be strong no matter what. I could see the league saving this game for later in the season on primetime. Also CBS is probably trying to convince the league to let them have this game as their national game of the week at 4:25. All of the networks would love to have this game. I always wondered who decides which network gets which games as far as primetime games and the national game on Sunday afternoons.

Every year the NFL opens with the defending SB champs against another high quality opponent.  Every. Year.  They don't simply throw any game out there because "the ratings will be strong no matter what."  They want to start the season off with a bang, and a game that will get people talking.  Bills/Rams checks every box.

Buffalo will not be on thanksgiving

buffalo is a safe bet for Thursday game opening the season

they play on Christmas Day at home…the leak was on buffalo fir a reason.

Week 12 is thanksgiving 

KC will be a later game…like a CBS DH 425 solo slot in November like Manning-Brady.  It’s rotated so it’s CBS turn at it.

Cincinnati would be an early season game, Pittsburgh us later

Green Bay game in week 8.. the solo doubleheader game on FOX that leads into the WS or it’s a WS counter game since neither city has an MLB team. No stadium conflict risk

Tenessee game in early December

Predicting the schedule are just wag’s, but if had to bet when it comes out this Thursday, I wouldn’t be surprised with the following. We get the Sunday Night football game for week 1 and it’s against the Chiefs or the Pats.  

Personally, I’d love for our home game against the Pats in week 1 as I’ve had enough of 50 mph wind games.

16 hours ago, djp14150 said:

KC will be a later game…like a CBS DH 425 solo slot in November like Manning-Brady.  It’s rotated so it’s CBS turn at it.

Agreed.  NBC (SNF) and FOX (TNF) have gotten this game the last two seasons.  I would be shocked if CBS didn't get this matchup in the upcoming season.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:37 AM, corta765 said:

For those of you who follow my schedule news you know I do a prediction every year before it drops. As we are a week away I wanted to do my prediction prior to any leaks to see how close I can get. Last year I got three weeks correct (Bye week, at Saints, & at Jets) along with getting Bills at Chiefs on SNF (wrong week though), bills opening and ending the season at home (Just wrong opponents), and I had TEN as a flex night game which ended up being a MNF game. Not too bad all things considered. This prediction is not what I want to happen, it is what I think will happen based off the research I do on prior matchups, historical placement of games vs NFC opponents, when division games occur, and rumors/noise nationally. With that said here is my schedule:

Week 1: at Baltimore   1pm

Week 2: Tennessee    1pm

Week 3: at Miami    Monday Night Football

Week 4: Cleveland    1pm

Week 5: New York Jets    1pm

Week 6: at Detroit    1pm

Week 7:at Kansas City    Sunday Night Football

Week 8: Bye

Week 9: Pittsburgh    1pm

Week 10: at Chicago    1pm

Week 11: Green Bay   Thanksgiving night 8:15 pm

Week 12: at New England    4:25pm

Week 13: at Los Angeles    Sunday Night Football

Week 14: Miami    1pm/possible Saturday flex game

Week 15: Minnesota   1pm

Week 16: at Cincy   4:25 pm Xmas Eve national window

Week 17: New England   Monday Night Football Jan 2nd

Week 18: at New York Jets    1:00pm

As I said my predictions are not what I want it is based off what I think will happen. As much as there has been substantial talk of Bills Rams opening, I just can't see the NFL sacrificing that game on an already high ratings night when you could put it late in the season when both teams are peaking. A Bills Ravens opener is an easy 1pm national draw with Allen vs Jackson. The Titans I think are a solid home opener that moves the needle for fans and viewers. I think the NFL will want to maximize the Dolphins early in the season in case they flame out late and Buffalo with Allen on MNF feels like an easy game plus Mike North hinted any division game for Buffalo could be primetime. I do think the NFL has the Bills Phins home game late so it is flexible if they want. My schedule has 5 primetime games and 2 4pm games so almost half the season is not 1pm which goes along with where the Bills have been trending. With that said 6 of the 8 home games are 1pm something the team and fans prefer. I have the Bills finishing the season traveling to NY as I think its expected the division isn't as close this year for the Bills to win and every team closes with a division game. Week 18 honestly was really hard to figure out, but I think the league will maximize the NE/MIA games throughout the season rather then waiting until week 18 when the division is probably already decided, whereas a week 17 NE game still may have more at stake.

Can't see them getting the Thursday Night Thanksgiving  game 2 years in a row.  Could see them getting the noon game at Detroit, even then, not sure they'd want 2 years in a row on that day.

So if opening game is at Baltimore, who will the Rams play at home?  Likely three attractive games, Bills, Dallas, or maybe Denver.  So if Bills at Baltimore, leaves the other two.

Don't recall what year, wasn't that long ago, Bills opened the season at Baltimore.  Would also think Bills/Baltimore would warrant more than a 1:00 game too.  There are two 4:25 games the first week, could see this being one of them.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:41 AM, corta765 said:

With everything that has transpired I have wondered if NE has much star power outside of their past history and BB and if they get the primetime schedule they have in the past.

Because of what Cheats have done in pass having head cheat get his azz whipped on prime time yields great ratings.

And I do not see NFL scheduling "Week 11: Green Bay   Thanksgiving night 8:15 pm".  Bad connections for holiday night game.

12 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Don't recall what year, wasn't that long ago, Bills opened the season at Baltimore.  Would also think Bills/Baltimore would warrant more than a 1:00 game too.  There are two 4:25 games the first week, could see this being one of them.

Opened the season twice at Baltimore recently. 2018 - the Peterman meltdown, and 2016 when Tyrod stunk it up and Rex's second season started with defeat. 

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Tomorrow, May 9, on GMA, the new MNF crew will announce their biggest MNF game. One international MNF game has already been announced, 49ers and Cards on Nov 21.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/troy-aikman-joe-buck-reportedly-making-big-announcement-next-week

so it’s their best matchup

Rams at Chiefs

Bills at Chiefs

Packers at Bills

Chiefs at Bengals

Rams at Bucs

Rams at Cowboys 

LA at LA

1 of those 7 seems fairly likely

Edited by Warriorspikes51

*** the RUMOR is

Bills at Rams Opening Night

Bills at Chiefs MNF Week 8 Halloween

Bills at Lions Thanksgiving early 

my speculation if the above is true,

Packers at Bills would be a fun Christmas Night matchup

Dolphins here for New Years Eve would also make sense

Bills could be playing on all 4 “holidays”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.