I have seen the way. (Tom Morello, Alex Lifeson, Kirk Hammett)

Draconator

Very cool.  I'm guessing it came together cuz Morello wanted to play with two of his guitar hero's. 

Not to hijack the thread but if you had to pick a guitar player from the 70's, 80's and 90's who would they be? Off the top of my head Morello would be the 90's guy.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Very cool.  I'm guessing it came together cuz Morello wanted to play with two of his guitar hero's. 

Not to hijack the thread but if you had to pick a guitar player from the 70's, 80's and 90's who would they be? Off the top of my head Morello would be the 90's guy.

Damn fine question:

70s: As much as Eddie Van Halen grabbed the headlines, I'm going with David Gilmour

80s: Lifeson

90s: Probably Slash

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

70s: Page

80s: EVH

90s: Morello 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

Damn fine question:

70s: As much as Eddie Van Halen grabbed the headlines, I'm going with David Gilmour

80s: Lifeson

90s: Probably Slash

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

70s: Page

80s: EVH

Interesting perspectives and obviously no right or wrong. I'd have put Lifeson in the 70's category and the two of you had Eddie in different decades. He's a tweener for me - and obviously worthy of mention/inclusion whichever decade you put him in. Unless we're talking sports team I have trouble with favorites, but Stevie Ray would be an 80's contender for me. Completely different style than the guys mentioned so far.

BTW, I loved the opening thread comment "You can tell which one is which". Years ago listening to a pop song on the radio I heard the guitar playing and thought - that's Carlos Santana. Found out later I was right. Probably one of the best complements you could make of a guitarist. Subject to change but I'll go with:

70s: Zappa

80s: EVH (I spent the decade listening to a non-stop stream of copy cats)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.