The Ringer Recommends Barkley (Saquon) to fill a need This season...

Huh? What?

14 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Stop this.  Please.  Ed Oliver, Dawson Knox and Tre Edmunds will all be coming up for contracts soon.  Beane is going to have to figure out what to do about Poyer and Hyde.  He’s not going to bring in an over-priced and oft injured RB.  No shot.

I'd be OK when the two of those three going away.

15 hours ago, Huh? What? said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/5/5/23057322/nfl-contenders-filling-roster-holes-packers-chiefs-49ers-ravens.... I myself would agree with this

Buffalo Bills: Running Back

One would think drafting Georgia’s James Cook in the second round would take Buffalo out of the market for a running back. But after GM Brandon Beane referred to Cook as a “sub back” in a post-draft presser and compared him to NFL journeyman J.D. McKissic, I’m not sure that’s the case.

Cook is a skinnier guy who didn’t fill the every-down archetype at Georgia, so there still appears to be a vacancy at the top of the depth chart. And while the Bills will be just fine if they don’t add another running back—which isn’t a valuable position—it’s a testament to the roster that this is its biggest hole.

Solution: Trade for Saquon Barkley

The Bills would have to move some money around to fit Barkley’s $7.2 million salary under the cap, perhaps by restructuring Tre White’s deal. But why shouldn’t they? Barkley has been disappointing the last couple seasons, but he has yet to play in a good offense. Putting him in the same backfield as Josh Allen could unlock all that ability we saw at Penn State—ability that has been suppressed by the Giants’ general shittiness.

I would trade them Tyler Matakevich & Moss plus a third or 4th rounder and go. The reality is Sean still favours running the ball and Singeltary is not a starting RB on a title contending team.  Barkley would make teams pay playing extra DB'S 

tI still remember that key set of downs against KC where the hole was there for Singeltary to get a first down and he did not have enough burst to the line and that is the story with his game,  limited speed and burst.  Tries to hard to dance and make people miss or just break tackles which works in college but not so much in NFL.

7 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

You seriously think that singeltary is a better RB than Barkley?

Seriously?

Im not saying Bills should trade for Barkley.  I think he’s probably a luxury that Bills can’t afford. 

But saying that singeltary is a better NFL RB than Barkley is ludicrous, and demonstrates that you understand very little of American football. 

Fans overvalue Singeltary because he played 3-4 good games to end the season,  he is a mediocre RB with average speed at 4.65. 

• Dislike 1

17 hours ago, Huh? What? said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/5/5/23057322/nfl-contenders-filling-roster-holes-packers-chiefs-49ers-ravens.... I myself would agree with this

Buffalo Bills: Running Back

One would think drafting Georgia’s James Cook in the second round would take Buffalo out of the market for a running back. But after GM Brandon Beane referred to Cook as a “sub back” in a post-draft presser and compared him to NFL journeyman J.D. McKissic, I’m not sure that’s the case.

Cook is a skinnier guy who didn’t fill the every-down archetype at Georgia, so there still appears to be a vacancy at the top of the depth chart. And while the Bills will be just fine if they don’t add another running back—which isn’t a valuable position—it’s a testament to the roster that this is its biggest hole.

Solution: Trade for Saquon Barkley

The Bills would have to move some money around to fit Barkley’s $7.2 million salary under the cap, perhaps by restructuring Tre White’s deal. But why shouldn’t they? Barkley has been disappointing the last couple seasons, but he has yet to play in a good offense. Putting him in the same backfield as Josh Allen could unlock all that ability we saw at Penn State—ability that has been suppressed by the Giants’ general shittiness.

Didn't you hear undrafted rookie Raheem Blacksheer's comments? He said he's the next Deebo Samuel, we're good at RB now.

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, that thing about "STILL don't have a starter"?

It's unreal, alright. Also known as completely wrong.

They don't have a bellcow. But they've got two and arguably three guys plenty good enough to start.

Who? Singletary looks like a replacement level type of guy, so that’s fine, he starts.  Moss has done less than nothing and the GM call the back-up RB he spent a second round pick on a “replacement back”, IE back up/change of pace guy.  There’s one guy who can even be argued as a starter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.