The Ringer Recommends Barkley (Saquon) to fill a need This season...

Huh? What?

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Standards at the Ringer have dropped precipitously I see.

Not unlike my friend in college who once said "I am going to continue to lower my standards until I get laid!".  And he did.  He sets realistic goals and accomplishes them which is what I respect about him.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 716er said:

In 2022 Devin Singletary is just as good a back as Saquon Barkley.

Actually, I would say Devin was actually substantially better.  

In the 7 games Devin got 13-22 carries, he scored 7 TDs and stats during those 7 games projected over a full season would be 1400 yards rushing and 17 TDs.  And this was with an OC who was allergic to running the ball in the other 10 games, in a bad run blocking scheme, behind an OL that struggled with run blocking a large chunk of the season.  

Now that being said, I do think Barkley could really go off here in Buffalo.  Last year is not a fair year to judge Barkley on coming off his injury that takes a lot players a full season of playing before they really get back to form.  And he was also stuck on a bad offense, with a bad OL and bad QB.  

But...I don't think we need to spend the money, we have Devin and Cook as a 1-2 punch now, and Devin did quite well when he was actually given meaningful carries. And with Kromer, Dorsey, and the addition of Saffold, the line run game likely gets a boost this year too.  

Thought it could happen early in offseason when I thought Giants might have some interest in maybe Cole Beasley (which given he is still unsigned, seems like they don't), but once he was cut I thought the chance of a Barkley trade pretty much dried up completely.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Huh? What? said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/5/5/23057322/nfl-contenders-filling-roster-holes-packers-chiefs-49ers-ravens.... I myself would agree with this

Buffalo Bills: Running Back

One would think drafting Georgia’s James Cook in the second round would take Buffalo out of the market for a running back. But after GM Brandon Beane referred to Cook as a “sub back” in a post-draft presser and compared him to NFL journeyman J.D. McKissic, I’m not sure that’s the case.

Cook is a skinnier guy who didn’t fill the every-down archetype at Georgia, so there still appears to be a vacancy at the top of the depth chart. And while the Bills will be just fine if they don’t add another running back—which isn’t a valuable position—it’s a testament to the roster that this is its biggest hole.

Solution: Trade for Saquon Barkley

The Bills would have to move some money around to fit Barkley’s $7.2 million salary under the cap, perhaps by restructuring Tre White’s deal. But why shouldn’t they? Barkley has been disappointing the last couple seasons, but he has yet to play in a good offense. Putting him in the same backfield as Josh Allen could unlock all that ability we saw at Penn State—ability that has been suppressed by the Giants’ general shittiness.

Enter the Breece Hall thread😂😂😂

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think if the bills were making one last “fine tuning” move for the roster they are better off adding a vet CB or Oline player. Cook was added to the back field in the draft that’s plenty to pair with Singletary 

Or DT….

• Dislike 1

What kind of idiot wrote this? Has he watched the Bills or looked at Singletary's stats? I'm not sure how this could possibly be described as a hole.

55 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

tom delonge wtf GIF

If Barkley's name were John Smith, you wouldn't have a problem with this assessment at all. Singletary has been markedly better than Barkley in the NFL. It's not debatable

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I wish the half of this board that lives in the '80s would read this and think about it.

Yet the Bills have wasted a second and 2 thirds on it over the last 3 years and STILL don’t have a starter.. unreal.

• Disagree 1

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

These Barkley/CMC threads pop up like clockwork.  It's like there's an unwritten rule that we must have a biweekly "RB who I've heard of" thread.

its done by the same peop,e who did the100+ page thread on that other RB in the draft.

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What kind of idiot wrote this? Has he watched the Bills or looked at Singletary's stats? I'm not sure how this could possibly be described as a hole.

If Barkley's name were John Smith, you wouldn't have a problem with this assessment at all. Singletary has been markedly better than Barkley in the NFL. It's not debatable

You seriously think that singeltary is a better RB than Barkley?

Seriously?

Im not saying Bills should trade for Barkley.  I think he’s probably a luxury that Bills can’t afford. 

But saying that singeltary is a better NFL RB than Barkley is ludicrous, and demonstrates that you understand very little of American football. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Yet the Bills have wasted a second and 2 thirds on it over the last 3 years and STILL don’t have a starter.. unreal.

Yeah, that thing about "STILL don't have a starter"?

It's unreal, alright. Also known as completely wrong.

They don't have a bellcow. But they've got two and arguably three guys plenty good enough to start.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Huh? What? said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/5/5/23057322/nfl-contenders-filling-roster-holes-packers-chiefs-49ers-ravens.... I myself would agree with this

Buffalo Bills: Running Back

One would think drafting Georgia’s James Cook in the second round would take Buffalo out of the market for a running back. But after GM Brandon Beane referred to Cook as a “sub back” in a post-draft presser and compared him to NFL journeyman J.D. McKissic, I’m not sure that’s the case.

Cook is a skinnier guy who didn’t fill the every-down archetype at Georgia, so there still appears to be a vacancy at the top of the depth chart. And while the Bills will be just fine if they don’t add another running back—which isn’t a valuable position—it’s a testament to the roster that this is its biggest hole

Solution: Trade for Saquon Barkley

The Bills would have to move some money around to fit Barkley’s $7.2 million salary under the cap, perhaps by restructuring Tre White’s deal. But why shouldn’t they? Barkley has been disappointing the last couple seasons, but he has yet to play in a good offense. Putting him in the same backfield as Josh Allen could unlock all that ability we saw at Penn State—ability that has been suppressed by the Giants’ general shittiness.

Huh? What? 😳
Nine of the ten reactions to your thread post are negative or mocking your take. The lone positive reaction is from our resident humorist. Call this a teaching moment. You can learn from this.

Welcome!

Edited by Chandler#81

5 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

You seriously think that singeltary is a better RB than Barkley?

Seriously?

Im not saying Bills should trade for Barkley.  I think he’s probably a luxury that Bills can’t afford. 

But saying that singeltary is a better NFL RB than Barkley is ludicrous, and demonstrates that you understand very little of American football. 

Yes. Barkley's specialty is No Gain on the Play. The eye test says he has no vision, and he's injury prone. Singletary's stats are also *way* better.

Methinks you're factoring college into your evaluation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.