The Ringer Recommends Barkley (Saquon) to fill a need This season...

Huh? What?

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/5/5/23057322/nfl-contenders-filling-roster-holes-packers-chiefs-49ers-ravens.... I myself would agree with this

Buffalo Bills: Running Back

One would think drafting Georgia’s James Cook in the second round would take Buffalo out of the market for a running back. But after GM Brandon Beane referred to Cook as a “sub back” in a post-draft presser and compared him to NFL journeyman J.D. McKissic, I’m not sure that’s the case.

Cook is a skinnier guy who didn’t fill the every-down archetype at Georgia, so there still appears to be a vacancy at the top of the depth chart. And while the Bills will be just fine if they don’t add another running back—which isn’t a valuable position—it’s a testament to the roster that this is its biggest hole.

Solution: Trade for Saquon Barkley

The Bills would have to move some money around to fit Barkley’s $7.2 million salary under the cap, perhaps by restructuring Tre White’s deal. But why shouldn’t they? Barkley has been disappointing the last couple seasons, but he has yet to play in a good offense. Putting him in the same backfield as Josh Allen could unlock all that ability we saw at Penn State—ability that has been suppressed by the Giants’ general shittiness.

Edited by Huh? What?
wording paste
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 5

47 minutes ago, Huh? What? said:

And while the Bills will be just fine if they don’t add another running back—which isn’t a valuable position—it’s a testament to the roster that this is its biggest hole.

I wish the half of this board that lives in the '80s would read this and think about it.

The Ringer: The Bills should make a trade for Barkley because ya know, why not?

19 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Running back is the one position we where we definitely don't need any additions. We're in a situation where a talented rb (either Moss or Johnson) will likely be cut.

Que the Moss is merde rhetoric 

• Haha (+1) 1

This is just more click bait nonsense.  Beane hasn’t spent $7.2 million on his entire backfield let alone a single running back for a single season.

Only way Barkley comes here is if he gets cut and comes to play on veteran minimum.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

These Barkley/CMC threads pop up like clockwork.  It's like there's an unwritten rule that we must have a biweekly "RB who I've heard of" thread.

You mean like whackamole like every other veteran who some knucklehead writes, let’s a take a look.  Good with a medical so we know for the future if an injury, but that’s all.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

What a stupid idea. Someone got paid to write that? Sheesh.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I am wondering if someone got paid to post that trash.

Terrible.

Lol, I know right...sad thing is many ppl get paid for much worse

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.