QB Coach Joe Brady; what’s his role with Josh?

hemma

On 5/5/2022 at 8:50 PM, ganesh said:

I think the leash will be short on Ken Dorsey.   Joe will take over (and very capable) if Dorsey falters

I’ll bet you actually believe that too, 😂

It's funny how fast things change in the NFL. Two years ago multiple teams were interested in having him be their head coach, to now being the Bills QB coach. I think it all went too fast for him, and a lot of that had to do with Burrow absolutely dominating at LSU. This job is going to prove to be a good springboard for his career back up the ladder.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Rampage said:

It's funny how fast things change in the NFL. Two years ago multiple teams were interested in having him be their head coach, to now being the Bills QB coach. I think it all went too fast for him, and a lot of that had to do with Burrow absolutely dominating at LSU. This job is going to prove to be a good springboard for his career back up the ladder.

I agree.  Have friends in LSU land and they can't say enough good things about Brady. Sure Burrow landed in his lap but the LSU coaching staff asked the Saints to help them design an offense for Burrow and all those great skill players and Brady was the guy that taught LSU how to use their NFL talent.  the result was the most lethal passing attack and offense in the history of college football.

Brady may turn out to have a huge positive impact on Allen and the Bills offense.  This was a superb hire.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, Bills92 said:

This. 

Dabs had limited to no success other then coaching for the Pats (Brady) and Alabama (33rd NFL Team).  Loved Dabs.. but to underestimate what impact JA17 had on Dab's success is like denying Belichik's success because of Tom Brady.   Truth of the matter, both make each other greater.. and that JA17 campaigned for Dorsey, and, now it's 'spiced' up with Joe Brady.. who has had exposure to Joe Brr...  I tend to believe that this offense is going to a next level of efficiency.

Go Bills!

Belichick has had very little success without Brady though. 9 full seasons without him going back to his days in Cleveland and only 2 playoff seasons in those 9 years. Belichick's success in the Brady Era should be questioned. I don't think the made each other better, I think Brady made Belichick what he is and Belichick would have been fired from New England without him

• Disagree 1

On 5/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, hemma said:

This is a question, not an answer.  I understand he’s very young & has had mixed success in college/pros.

I am wondering what you more learned football scholars envision as to his importance & his role, particularly with Josh.  I am pretty fuzzy on the issue.

Wondering if he’s the equivalent of teats on a boar hawg.

Thanks

I think he keeps his beers cold & brings them to him after each practice .

Brady wasn’t even bad in Carolina. He had to deal with losing the player his defense was based around. He also had to deal with Darnold falling off the cliff after week 4. It’s hard to be successful with Darnold, Bridgewater and Walker. They clearly made Brady the scapegoat. 

8 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

Brady wasn’t even bad in Carolina. He had to deal with losing the player his defense was based around. He also had to deal with Darnold falling off the cliff after week 4. It’s hard to be successful with Darnold, Bridgewater and Walker. They clearly made Brady the scapegoat. 

He was bad. Some of his play calling was nonsensical. But he did have average to bad QBs and a bad offensive line. He needed a step back to position coach and he landed in a great spot here. What I felt he struggled with in Carolina was asking his players to do what they do best. He was a bit trying to force square pegs into round holes. While there is no doubt he was scapegoated a bit he deserved to lose his job. Hopefully a spell with the Bills who have beem very good in recent years at building an offense to suit their players rather than forcing a system on them will be the finishing school he needs to succeed as an NFL OC second time around. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was bad. Some of his play calling was nonsensical. But he did have average to bad QBs and a bad offensive line. He needed a step back to position coach and he landed in a great spot here. What I felt he struggled with in Carolina was asking his players to do what they do best. He was a bit trying to force square pegs into round holes. While there is no doubt he was scapegoated a bit he deserved to lose his job. Hopefully a spell with the Bills who have beem very good in recent years at building an offense to suit their players rather than forcing a system on them will be the finishing school he needs to succeed as an NFL OC second time around. 

He was extremely intelligent in putting himself into a situation in which he will look good pretty much no matter what. Josh Allen is the difference maker. He was asking Sam Darnold and Teddy Bridgewater to do things that Joe Burrow could do. Now, he has a player who can do everything Joe Burrow can do plus plus plus. That’s a luxury no other NFL franchise can currently boast. 

Edited by MiltonWaddams

21 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

He was extremely intelligent in putting himself into a situation in which he will look good pretty much no matter what. Josh Allen is the difference maker. He was asking Sam Darnold and Teddy Bridgewater to do things that Joe Burrow could do. Now, he has a player who can do everything Joe Burrow can do plus plus plus. That’s a luxury no other NFL franchise can currently boast. 

I would argue maybe Green Bay and Kansas City can boast that too... but point taken. You are right though he was asking Sam Darnold to be Joe Burrow and asking Robby Anderson to be Ja'marr Chase. Even asking DJ Moore to be Justin Jefferson is a stretch. Fine players though Anderson and Moore are in their own right. He never seemed to build for what he had. That is the thing he hopefully learns watching the Bills offense at close quarters. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.