If _______ has a big year or breaks out, this team is SB bound

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Process said:

McDermott

We have the best QB and roster in the league. Don't need anyone to break out. Coaches need to just not blow it.

Coaching has been terrible the past three playoffs (Hou, Kc, Kc). Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes.

Outstanding comment.

Game day coaching is easily the weakest link in the Bills chain these days.

If McDermott and staff rise to a new level, we'll be a much better team.

Not sure why they would do that at this point, but it's worth a shot! 

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

How do we determine that McDermott's had a breakout season?

It's not that literal bro.... Coaches break out by not consistently doing stupid ***** in the biggest moments.

Coaching cost us a Superbowl last year, period. If they learn from their mistakes and put it all together this year, we are favorites to win it all. 

Of course the players need to do their jobs, but we are not dependent on any specific player "breaking out" to win a SB.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

He's a 6'4" receiver with a huge catch radius, amazing hands (like elite) and reports out of the first part of his first camp was him and Davis were extremely impressive in terms of route running and grasping the offense as rookies.

He could be a huge asset as a red zone target if nothing else.

Yeah, but Davis has actually improved since then. Hodgins hasn't gone anywhere. I think if Hodgins somehow breaks out, it's under a different context than if someone like Groot breaks out, which means something different for the success of the Bills.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Outstanding comment.

Game day coaching is easily the weakest link in the Bills chain these days.

If McDermott and staff rise to a new level, we'll be a much better team.

Not sure why they would do that at this point, but it's worth a shot! 

Yeah have to do better especially when in those crucial situations....

As for statement I put in bold, I'm optimistic they can because  he has been more aggressive than in the past. Wasn't long ago many complained he wasn't aggressive in certain situations, for example many times on 4th down he kicked it away and should have went for it.

Now recently he doesn't hesitate and keeps the Offense on the field much more. So guess I'm just saying that at least he has improved in being aggressive so hopefully better decisions are made going forward, 

Tommy Doyle anyone??? If he comes in ready and improved to be a legit swing tackle that would be huge for our offense. I like him but needs some work. Hope he comes in and surprises with a sold camp. Could be big for us. Aaron Kromer works miracles. 

E1SdI3WWQAAafyO.jpg

Edited by wppete

3 hours ago, Process said:

It's not that literal bro.... Coaches break out by not consistently doing stupid ***** in the biggest moments.

Coaching cost us a Superbowl last year, period. If they learn from their mistakes and put it all together this year, we are favorites to win it all. 

Of course the players need to do their jobs, but we are not dependent on any specific player "breaking out" to win a SB.

I’ve complained plenty of the McD play decision/ calls in games where a tie gave you at least 1 more shot instead of 4th and 3 and see Josh slip. 

Did he blow coverage and allow that pass for the TD to happen and tie the game with seconds left?

Tre’ was sorely missed 

Elam

If he can get up to NFL speed quickly, and White is back early, it will move this defense to an elite level.

I think a few of the young defensive lineman will take the next step up, like Rousseau and Oliver.

And the combination of these things will be the difference this year, and help the Bills to cross that river.

10 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

He's a 6'4" receiver with a huge catch radius, amazing hands (like elite) and reports out of the first part of his first camp was him and Davis were extremely impressive in terms of route running and grasping the offense as rookies.

Should probably pick someone who will actually make the team 

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I've heard that name over and over again the last couple of years but I can't even remember if I've seen him play.  He's like the Bills's version of Bigfoot to me.

23 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Edmunds. He’s around the ball a lot, he just rarely makes the game changing play. If he starts playing up to the potential we thought we were trading up to get, I think he’d have the biggest impact on defense not named Von Miller.

my pick also, for the 4th year in a row

I'm going with Edmunds. With a breakout season, he could be disruptive against the run and the pass.

I know that statistically, our defense was ranked higher than our offense last year, but stats don't win games. In at least two of our losses last year, the D gave up big runs that resulted in TDs. Those games were decided by less than 7 points and cost us the #1 seed. And when the stakes were highest in the playoffs, the offense did enough to beat the Chiefs, while the defense caved. Von will help a lot in that regard, but a great year from Edmunds would set us over the top.

Edited by WhoTom

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.