If _______ has a big year or breaks out, this team is SB bound

Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Sounds like the old-school thing to say, but it's wrong.

How would McDermott even be measured as having a big year or breakout season after the Bills went 13-3 a few seasons ago?

This team has been on the cusp but never completely, complete. We've needed pop in the backfield, I'm not sure James Cook is that dude, but if he is and has a crazy season where he's contributing majorly on the ground, then I think he'll be the difference maker.

We of course couldn't take a backward step on defense for everything to work.

We didn't lose to KC because of a lack of pop in the backfield...

Rousseau or Oliver is my bet.

The latter kind of already has broke out but I think playing with a true force like Miller is really going to open things up for other guys on the DL overall and Oliver would be my guess to explode for a career year in terms of sack/pressure/etc. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Rousseau or Oliver is my bet.

The latter kind of already has broke out but I think playing with a true force like Miller is really going to open things up for other guys on the DL overall and Oliver would be my guess to explode for a career year in terms of sack/pressure/etc. 

While I do agree with you regarding the DL in general, I would also add Edmunds.

If Edmunds can get that break out season that would also be a big factor

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

While I do agree with you regarding the DL in general, I would also add Edmunds.

If Edmunds can get that break out season that would also be a big factor

My stance on Edmunds is probably well know but here's the problem I see with Edmunds magically breaking out in year 5.....there would be zero chance of resigning him because of what he'll command as an UFA coming off a contract year.

And if we do resign him to big money there's also a chance he regresses back to 2018 - 2021 Edmunds which would not be a good thing either.

I still think this is his last season in Buffalo either way but who really knows especially since we just drafted a guy that is more of a Milano clone which means we could choose to move on from him and keep Edmunds.

If by by elevate we mean all pro productivity, I would say:

1. Edmunds- if he can finally break through and catch lightening in a bottle and perform like a Ray Lewis (without the murderin, sploosh) or a Patrick Willis, him shutting down the middle would be a huge help.

2. Groot- as explained by everyone else.

3. out of the gate? Elam. If he performs at a level close to what Tre did in his rookie year, all of those offseason WR pickups in our division would be rendered rather ineffective.

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Only read the first page but I’m going with Gabriel Davis. 

Yeah Davis is the answer.

People are just assuming that he's already there but he only put up about 35 yards per game last season before blowing up in the playoffs.

They probably need 1,100 yards from that WR2 spot just to match the 1,100+ split production of last year..........which frankly was something of a disappointment for the passing game,  with Allen falling to 6.7 yards per pass attempt.

That was primarily because of atrocious pass protection but also a lack of speed/yac in the WR corps.     They didn't exactly attack those issues with blue chip replacements but that was a choice.........so we should expect those issues to be fixed.

The bar is pretty high at WR in the NFL now.........Cinci has 2 1K+ WR's in Chase and Higgins and another over 800 in recent 1K producer Tyler Boyd.

The Bills should be back closer to 8 yards per pass attempt and around 5,000 yards passing for Allen and they aren't likely getting there without Gabe Davis becoming a second 1,000 yard receiver, IMO.    

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, papazoid said:

tremaine edmunds

i'm expecting him to be bills MOST  IMPROVED player

#1 - these new DL will keep him clean

#2- these new DL will allow frazier to change edmunds TWO gap responsibility scheme down to 1 gap......eliminating him picking the wrong hole or the RB cutting back into the one he's not

#3- it's a contract year for him

(he's still young and the bills are playing him out of position.....hes not a thumping MLB)

Good post

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

My stance on Edmunds is probably well know but here's the problem I see with Edmunds magically breaking out in year 5.....there would be zero chance of resigning him because of what he'll command as an UFA coming off a contract year.

And if we do resign him to big money there's also a chance he regresses back to 2018 - 2021 Edmunds which would not be a good thing either.

I still think this is his last season in Buffalo either way but who really knows especially since we just drafted a guy that is more of a Milano clone which means we could choose to move on from him and keep Edmunds.

Well regardless of how that plays out in resigning or not, I'm just saying if he ends up having a "break out" type season. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

McDermott

We have the best QB and roster in the league. Don't need anyone to break out. Coaches need to just not blow it.

Coaching has been terrible the past three playoffs (Hou, Kc, Kc). Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes.

To be fair, Levi Wallace took blame on behalf of the players and himself of losing focus on the field a bit coming off that high of the would even go ahead TD.  Almost impossible to put that on McD.  Coaching only takes you so far, players human real time emotions are not in his control. 

Additionally, what McD called on the kickoff was not executed and was a failure of his ST coach, who has since stepped down to make a lateral move to a lesser team as a result.  

I get the whole buck stops at the top philosophy, but there is only so much a coach can do before the execution falls on the hands of the players and coaches.  

For me, I hold the ST coach and then the players on the field much more accountable for what happened over that kickoff and those 13 seconds.  

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Isaiah Hodgins? If he gets significant playing time that means like 10 receivers are injured and the Bills are DOOMED. 😄

He's a 6'4" receiver with a huge catch radius, amazing hands (like elite) and reports out of the first part of his first camp was him and Davis were extremely impressive in terms of route running and grasping the offense as rookies.

He could be a huge asset as a red zone target if nothing else.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.