If _______ has a big year or breaks out, this team is SB bound

Big Blitz

Aside from the obvious - Allen, Diggs, Von Miller, Milano, Hyde, Poyer, and White.  

Assuming good health (prayers up). 

I know we need all 53 but every team has that one "without him" guy - the Bengals it was Chase.  The Rams it was OBJ's arrival.  The Raiders it was Max Crosby.  The 49ers it was Deebo.  The Cowboys it was probably Pollard or Parsons.  

I like 3 or 4 choices but I'm going with Davis.  

Post draft, they have answered the question - can we roll with him at WR2 which also means WR1 if Diggs were to miss time.  

And if he's a monster.....this team is going to be ridiculous.   

Who you got and why

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Josh Allen. 

Boom.

Exactly. The success of this team lies squarely on the shoulders of Josh Allen.

It is no coincidence that the worst game Josh played last year was against Jacksonville, and the Bills lost....TO JACKSONVILLE!!....the absolute worst team in the league last year. Enough said.

Other candidates:

Motor (a level of trust shown here to)

Cook

Crowder

Shakir 

Elam 

Taron Johnson 

Settle 

Jones

Boogie 

Edmonds!

Just now, Special K said:

It is no coincidence that the worst game Josh played last year was against Jacksonville, and the Bills lost....TO JACKSONVILLE!!....the absolute worst team in the league last year. Enough said.

Per the OP - aside from the obvious. .

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Per the OP - aside from the obvious. .

Fair enough.....not a player, but I'll say OC Ken Dorsey.....his ability or inability to call and coordinate a dynamic offense will truly be the determining factor in the Bills success this year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

One might also argue that was the O-line's worst game as well, which at least contributed to Allen's performance. And we could also at least suggest that Daboll's apparent in-game adjustments (if there were any) fell short of solving the problems. But it's difficult for us fans to know the root cause of such a collapse. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Greg Rousseau 

The lack of a pass-rush has been a major weakness for our defense the past few seasons. Having Rousseau become a serious threat playing across from Von would make our defense deadly.

I think the pick has to be a DL…. We need our DL to be very good and gel… It could be any of the starters save Von who already is a star. Could be anyone of the backups …. Could be a competition of our DL…. Maybe Tim Settle really was the biggest prize in FA?

Maybe Ed breaks out because of Von’s presence?  AJ turned 23 maybe he takes off this year? Maybe AJ and Basham needed playing time?
Who knows?

We just know we need balance to win a Super Bowl. Look no farther to find where we need to get a lot better….

Also: Elam might be attacked quite a bit if White proves to be as good as last year. Or, teams attack White and he makes all kinds of big plays?

Its not the offense that we need to play better, it’s the defense….

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Edmunds. He’s around the ball a lot, he just rarely makes the game changing play. If he starts playing up to the potential we thought we were trading up to get, I think he’d have the biggest impact on defense not named Von Miller.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Undoubtedly Rousseau. If we add Von and Rousseau steps up like I think, we'll ACTUALLY be the bona-fide #1 defense.

Let Josh get us ahead and these guys pin their ears back... wow!!

Bernard's a rookie and I don't expect much. That's said... he could be the serious beneficiary of these two. We're not asking him to develop pash rush or do anything mentally tricky... go blitz, and be fast. Time to get the Kleenex after writing that 🥵🥵🥵

Dane Jackson.

With Tre coming back off an ACL and not sure if he's on the field Game 1 Dane is gonna get targeted a lot and Elam will be tested and treated as a rookie.

If Tre comes back true to form and Dane balls out this secondary will be pretty formidable especially if Elam starts to shine early. A vet CB like Bradberry/ Rhodes or even Haden would go along way as a security blanket. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.