Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)

billsbackto81

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/james-bradberry-19011/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of %2414%2C500%2C000.

Bills did not want any part of that contract either. 13.5 mill cap hit for 2022.

And he is #1 CB starter on Giants, so he is not taking a big cut either without testing the waters first.

counter: if he’s been on the trade block, he’s likely tested much of the waters. Free agency a slightly different beast, but surely his agents been talking and no bidding wars have broken out and I’m sure restructures were part of those chats 

that said, the guy may want to wait til camp and see if an acl pops or simply miss a few sessions this off-season before signing 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Ummm.... Mario Addison

But Bradberry is the second-highest paid cornerback in the league.

It's not the same thing IMO.

Under his current contract Bradberry will make $3.5 million more than Tre'Davious White this year.

59 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Ummm.... Mario Addison

The Bills didn't pick up his Carolina salary, did they? Addison was an FA. The Bills negotiated a new contract with him.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He'll end up with the JETS😎

They did it with other former Carolina players, didn't they? 

and he'll end up with 2 L's vs the Bills....just like your boy.  you still love Breece Hall?

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I am so in on this potential move for our defense. I would take Bradberry every day and twice on Sunday over a guy like Haden, and we have the cap space to make it happen.

Sure and I'd love Deebo Samuel too. But it's not a fit. If we waited on CB in the mid-rounds, maybe. But Tre White's only going to miss a few games and then he's back on that side. We just spent a 1st Round pick on the other side.

You're not going to draft someone in the 1st and then give them as little amount of reps as a #3 Boundary guy would get. He's not going to sign somewhere for anything but a starting role. And we're not going to pay someone what his price tag is going to be for the role we'd have him in.

He'll get big money to be a Starter somewhere and probably on a long term deal. The idea of us doing that has sailed. Tre White and Kaiir Elam are our starters long term. If we wanted to get and pay James Bradberry as a Starter, we would have made an offer to the Giants and went elsewhere with our 1st Round Pick.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

The Bills really like Dane Jackson and see him as starting material. So they see a roster with 4 starters at CB (White, Elam, Jackson, Taron Johnson) and they have Siran Neal on special teams. They only have like $5 mil in cap space and they said they like to keep a little space in case they need to add someone and if they are lucky they can carry that over to next year. I don't think they will try to add an expensive veteran at this time unless he takes a serious 1 year prove it discount just to play on a super bowl team and raise his value.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Even with Elam I would not be against a vet corner

That was always my want for this offseason.........sign one....draft one

Exactly, Beane and company have done well to shore up other positions.  Why would they just rely on a rookie and Jackson at the important position of CB without knowing when Tre will be available?

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think they’re going to land Bradberry now. If the draft went a different way and they didn’t take a CB round 1 maybe. Also Tre is said to be on schedule for opening day.

I do think they will add a veteran CB to push Dane and Kaiir though. 

They also drafted a CB on day 3 who I believe they like a lot…I don’t see them adding someone like Bradberry at this point.

• Disagree 1

We’re tight on cash, we just used a 1st RD draft pick and we have depth once Tre returns.  Dane is our depth.  Elam will most likely start along with Tre.  That’s a heck of a backfield when you Taron, Dr. Poyer and Mr. Hyde.

We don’t need to go after an expensive veteran.  We need some $ for signing draft picks and UDFA’s, and we need emergency $ for injuries this season.  That’s inevitable for at least one replacement in season.

• Like (+1) 1

If he'll come here in hopes of getting a ring for like $3M? Sure. If not, it won't happen. We have to save some cap in case we need to make some mid-season moves because of injuries. 

16 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Tre coming back from an ACL

2nd year CB Dane Jackson

Rookie Kaiir Elam

You're ok with that going into the season with all the high powered offenses we'll see this year? Just asking your opinion, we know it's not our decision to make.

Tre White was killin it right off the bus his rookie year.  Why not the same for Elam?

• Like (+1) 1

The one possibility that would make sense is we sign Bradberry to hold things down while Tre recovers fully, and then trade him when Tre is back. He would have an opportunity to maximize his value playing for a contender on a great defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.