Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)

billsbackto81

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, the goal is NOT to be all in for a SB this year. How many times does Beane need to say this?

He said it for probably the two-dozenth time two weeks ago in the post-draft PC. He doesn't want to screw next season for the sake of this one. He wants to be consistently competitive for the next ten to twelve years.

And you're right that the space can be made easily, just as it's true that the gambling addict who's far far underwater can find a way to get a new credit card and find a few thousand more to throw away. Doesn't mean - in either case - that it SHOULD be done. But yes, it can be done.

They're fine at CB. Again, they could get better, of course. But in the cap condition they're in now, this simply isn't a good idea.

Lmao didn't you say this was why they weren't gonna make a splash in FA and then they went out and signed a massive front loaded contract for Von Miller.

They absolutely made some shorter-term moves to get them over the hump. You are kidding yourself if you believe otherwise. And its kind of bizarre to double down on it when making some short term moves is a good thing.

Chiefs made a short-term move with Frank Clark and they won a Super Bowl. Are they not still competitive?  Do we need to review the Rams track record of short term moves and competitiveness?

For the record, I'm not pounding the table for Bradberry because I honestly don't think he is a move we need to make unless another CB goes down with injury. But Beane and co almost certainly see this year as the year.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sounds like Raiders. Raiders have a sneaky very good roster if this happens. Probably top 3 roster.

They already are pretty loaded even without Bradberry.

AFC West is truly going to be fun to watch this year and it certainly decreases the chances of the Chiefs securing home field in the playoffs again, let alone even winning the division.

23 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I wanted to hold a spot for Jerry but he alas has signed with the Texas.......get Bradberry in here please

It's not happening. There's a list of teams in on him and we're not one of them. And while we're often in on players that the press isn't aware of, there are teams that are in on him that have more money and a long term starting role available. That isn't available here.

We're not going to pay him the kind of money he will command for the type of role he'd have here and he wouldn't pass on his other options for the kind of role he'd have here. Bradberry is the fall back plan for teams that didn't secure a top option at CB in the Draft or the teams that did and still don't have much on the other side.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

The AFCW is going to be a fun division to watch. All 4 teams are pretty good.

agreed. I think any of those teams could win that division.

I actually thought the broncos had the best talent across the board last year. Now they have an all-pro QB— I think they could be the team to beat in the west. 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed. I think any of those teams could win that division.

I actually thought the broncos had the best talent across the board last year. Now they have an all-pro QB— I think they could be the team to beat in the west. 

My money is on the Chargers to win it this year. But all of those divisional games will be fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/10/2022 at 3:14 PM, John from Riverside said:

I wanted to hold a spot for Jerry but he alas has signed with the Texas.......get Bradberry in here please

Certainly wouldn’t hurt if Beane signs him, 

On 5/10/2022 at 4:27 PM, Greg S said:

My money is on the Chargers to win it this year. But all of those divisional games will be fun to watch.

I’m probably going to eat my words but I think the chiefs have the worst overall roster in that division. They have the best QB, but it’s not by much. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m probably going to eat my words but I think the chiefs have the worst overall roster in that division. They have the best QB, but it’s not by much. 

I agree.  The Hill/Kelce combo was lethal, perfect compliments to each other.  Add in Mahomes unique/great skills and Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds, and you have a near unstoppable offense.  Great pass rush is the only thing that can slow it down.

Trading Hill will cost them in the near term.  I'm predicting them to finish 3rd in the division, behind the Chargers and Broncos.  Afc West is loaded, and everyone is gunning for KC.  

On 5/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sounds like Raiders. Raiders have a sneaky very good roster if this happens. Probably top 3 roster.

My worry is the trenches for them. Offensive line is a question mark, they still have Kolton Miller at left tackle! And while they should have excellent edge rush from their outside backers in Jones and Crosby, their defensive interior has Vernon Butler pencilled in to start. I think Matthew Butler was a good pick for them on day 3 of the draft but if he takes some time to develop that will be a concern.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.