Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)

billsbackto81

16 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

That's kind of how I feel, why go into a season with SB expectations and not look to help out one of the positions you are weakest at?

I agree. Everyone wants to act like Elam being good from day 1 or they Tre being him old self is a given. What if Elam has an up and down his rookie season or Tre doesn't fully return to form? We are too good to risk that being our downfall and should go hard at any realistic chance we have to add more talent at that particular position. Of course it's all up to Bradberry but I would be disappointed if we felt we were set and didn't even try.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Is the goal to be all in for a SB this year?  If the answer is yes you absolutely sign him. (And yes the space can be made easily). 

also you should not be going into a SB run season with your CBS a rookie and a unknown health wise on your CB1 and CB2. 

something like a 3 or 4 year deal that is really a 1 or 2 year deal. Keeps this years cap low. Adds voided years. 

Agree with all of this. Our secondary would be incredible with him in the fold. Depth would not be a concern, although you could argue that addressing safety is more pressing.

Either way, sign me up for Bradberry if you can get him on a reasonable deal. He's a solid player and fits our scheme perfectly.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If they pursue him it might tell us how confident ( or not) they are about Tre starting the season…

They really won't know till the camp starts and they see him perform... 

I wouldn't call it a confidence thing but more of an insurance thing. 

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So Schoen did have a trade worked out. Hmmmmm. 

If Bradbury wants to play on a one year deal so he can cash in next year when Free Agency opens, signing with Buffalo would be a great opportunity.

Gets a chance at a SB, gets to just be one piece in an excellent defense where he won’t have to be the guy in the secondary, and it was McDermotts defense that he started off in Carolina that led to his first big contract.

I still think he goes elsewhere for more money, even just on a one year deal. But he could do a lot worse than signing with us this late in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Would not be against this signing. 

Agree w/ those who think having a rookie CB1 for an extended period is asking for trouble. 

Plus injuries happen if he is willing to take 1 yr day Bills should look into it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Hopefully he signs here.  I'm still not confident in our CB room.  Elam has a lot to learn and who knows if Tre will be 100%.

Iirc, Tre was a rookie when he started the first game of the season, so from that aspect we would be repeating a personnel move that has been done before by this coaching staff. Frankly Elam is better than Wallace, and we have more experience surrounding him than when Tre started, will it be of concern? Sure it will, but as a team we have this under control, you can rest easy knowing that Beane is not sitting on his hands, it’s not his style, also remember,  it takes two to tango,  I for one am confident in this seasons outcome.

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It doesn't make sense for us either. We have limited cap space and drafted Elam to be a starter. The only way we would sign Bradberry is for a below market value deal to fill in for White until he's done recovering. I can't imagine a structure that makes sense for us and him.

Maybe so but it's a Baptism by Fire situation. If he falters or gets injured it can get ugly real quick. Having Bradberry or Rhodes/Haden for that matter provides a security blanket and allows Elam to shine if ready or learn behind an experienced vet in the event he's not.

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Would not be against this signing. 

Agree w/ those who think having a rookie CB1 for an extended period is asking for trouble. 

Didn’t Tre start his first year? If the staff feel confident with a rookie I definitely do. We are lucky to have competent management.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It doesn't make sense for us either. We have limited cap space and drafted Elam to be a starter. The only way we would sign Bradberry is for a below market value deal to fill in for White until he's done recovering. I can't imagine a structure that makes sense for us and him.

Easing Tre back from injury and not handing a starting job to Elam is very McBeane-like.   

The Rams had plenty of pass rush last year and added a cherry on top with Von Miller.    A one-year "play for a ring" deal for say $5 million for Bradberry could be the juice that elevates this defense to true #1 status.

Edited by Shake_My_Head
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Still started as a BU. Is the point. I really don’t think this team really wants to start its rookies because I look at how the handle all their rookies and most learn for a bit. I do think if White is healthy Bradberry is still a solid option to allow Elam to earn that CB2 

White and Edmunds started from day 1 of their first training camps. And of course Bass started as well.

Ford, Zay Jones, Oliver, and Rousseau all became starters their rookie year or were at least in rotations. 

I would be in favor of a veteran CB so they have the option of letting Elam learn a bit. That said I'd rather they rush Elam into a starting role than rush White back from injury. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NC-billsfan! said:

Didn’t Tre start his first year? If the staff feel confident with a rookie I definitely do. We are lucky to have competent management.

He did, but I’m not sure whether he stepped in and was immediately a top end CB1. 

Edit: also Tre =|= Elam

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Iirc, Tre was a rookie when he started the first game of the season, so from that aspect we would be repeating a personnel move that has been done before by this coaching staff. Frankly Elam is better than Wallace, and we have more experience surrounding him than when Tre started, will it be of concern? Sure it will, but as a team we have this under control, you can rest easy knowing that Beane is not sitting on his hands, it’s not his style, also remember,  it takes two to tango,  I for one am confident in this seasons outcome.

Go Bills!!!

He will also be working with the BEST Safety Tandem in the league in the backfield.  I don't think he will miss a beat with that kind of experience

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.