Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)

billsbackto81

37 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

We don’t know when Tre will be back and if he will be 100% when he does. If they can do a reasonable deal for Bradberry with an out after year 1, no reason not to. 

Especially if it 🐓  blocks KC or anyone else in the AFC

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why would he end up in Buffalo?  He'd be our #3 CB long term.  Yeah... he could compete with Elam... but every single one of McDermott's 1st round draft picks has been a starter pretty much from the get go.

Most FA money has been spent this year. If he really wants to maximize his money, take a bit of a hit on a one year deal now, go win a SB, show you can be a good teammate on a team where you're somewhere around #2 or #3 cb.

Then next year you go after FA hard before every team already blew their FA$ load. Even if its not here,  I think it'd be foolish to sign more than 1yr deal anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why would he end up in Buffalo?  He'd be our #3 CB long term.  Yeah... he could compete with Elam... but every single one of McDermott's 1st round draft picks has been a starter pretty much from the get go.

Because you can never have enough CB's and he makes our defense deeper.  And, Tre is not going to be ready most likely.   PUP candidate

How much money is he still making from the Giants even after being released?  If the Giants released him, but are still on the hook for a bunch of money paying a big chunk of his salary this year and we could get him relatively cheap, then let's go for it.

I just don't know why he would do that when he could probably get better money and a potential long term contract elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If they sign him, it would probably be a 1-year deal.

• Like (+1) 1

You can never have enough quality CB's in todays NFL.

I agree if Bradberry wants to play for a ring it would be a major coup if we can squeeze him in for a 1 year deal...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think McDermott drafts 1st rounders with the intention of starting.

Tre, Rosseau, Edmunds and Oliver all started day 1.  I think Tre is on track to be back by the FO actions.  

I think Dane Jackson is good depth.  Cam Lewis is probably what you would expect a #4 corner to be.  

Allen did not though. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's hard to see his fit here. He'll have options with teams that need a starting CB for the entire season and have more cap space. I would be looking to sign a cheap vet like Joe Haden or Richard Sherman.

You agree he may want to play one year in the league's #1 defense as well as a great shot at a ring while raising his value at the same time? All things many players consider.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Elam is a rookie and no idea what he's going to look like this year or in the long term.

White isn't likely going to be ready at the start of the season and even when he plays may not be the same player right away (or ever which is something a lot of fans seem to be discounting here).

But I would agree that there is no point of trying to pursue him to a long term contact if anything because we won't have the money. We might not even be able to sign him to a one year deal depending on what he's looking for or wants out of a new team.

• Agree 1

Is the goal to be all in for a SB this year?  If the answer is yes you absolutely sign him. (And yes the space can be made easily). 

also you should not be going into a SB run season with your CBS a rookie and a unknown health wise on your CB1 and CB2. 

something like a 3 or 4 year deal that is really a 1 or 2 year deal. Keeps this years cap low. Adds voided years. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

You agree he may want to play one year in the league's #1 defense as well as a great shot at a ring while raising his value at the same time? All things many players consider.

It doesn't make sense for us either. We have limited cap space and drafted Elam to be a starter. The only way we would sign Bradberry is for a below market value deal to fill in for White until he's done recovering. I can't imagine a structure that makes sense for us and him.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, that was a debacle.  He was the backup for what, 30 minutes?

Still started as a BU. Is the point. I really don’t think this team really wants to start its rookies because I look at how the handle all their rookies and most learn for a bit. I do think if White is healthy Bradberry is still a solid option to allow Elam to earn that CB2 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Is the goal to be all in for a SB this year?  If the answer is yes you absolutely sign him. (And yes the space can be made easily). 

also you should not be going into a SB run season with your CBS a rookie and a unknown health wise on your CB1 and CB2. 

That's kind of how I feel, why go into a season with SB expectations and not look to help out one of the positions you are weakest at?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.