Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)

billsbackto81

20 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

1. 2016 2nd round pick
  2. 2020 Pro Bowl
  3. 2nd highest paid cornerback in the NFL
  4. Is due to make $3.5 million more than Tre'Davious White in 2022

This is all anyone really needs to know about James Bradberry.

Actually one big question for a Bulls fan- does he play man or zone at a pro bowl level? Most player have major issues going from one to the other.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Actually one big question for a Bulls fan- does he play man or zone at a pro bowl level? Most player have major issues going from one to the other.

Um, he was drafted in Carolina while Sean McDermott was the defensive coordinator there, so...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Since we drafted Elam, I don't think we are going to go after Bradberry.  That's a lot of money tied up in CB and he's our 1st round pick.

Seems like a guy KC would go after.

We don’t know when Tre will be back and if he will be 100% when he does. If they can do a reasonable deal for Bradberry with an out after year 1, no reason not to. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Since we drafted Elam, I don't think we are going to go after Bradberry.  That's a lot of money tied up in CB and he's our 1st round pick.

Having depth at the position would be fantastic if at a reasonable price on a one year deal.

• Like (+1) 1

You’ve seen the major spike in QBs & WRs in the AFC right? A team CAN’T have enough good corners! I believe we’re at least going to try landing him. Ya know, ‘Wanna win a Title?’

• Agree 7

• Simon changed the title to Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)
7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’ve seen the major spike in QBs & WRs in the AFC right? A team CAN’T have enough good corners! I believe we’re at least going to try landing him. Ya know, ‘Wanna win a Title?’

I think McDermott drafts 1st rounders with the intention of starting.

Tre, Rosseau, Edmunds and Oliver all started day 1.  I think Tre is on track to be back by the FO actions.  

I think Dane Jackson is good depth.  Cam Lewis is probably what you would expect a #4 corner to be.  

Would love to see him come to Buffalo but it really depends on if he's looking for a huge payday/multi year deal right out of the gate.

If so that will take a lot of interested contenders like the Bills and Chiefs out of the equation pretty quick.

But if he's willing to sign for a one year team friendly deal to compete for a SB then we'll have a shot.

Would be nice to have another guy with some talent and experience in the roster.  I know we all skip over thinking about ANYBODY being a serious contender in the East, but the Phins could be a tough competitor this year.  Tua hasn’t looked great and that’s the big hope, but if he’s healthy and he’s on point, that’s going to be a good offense.  They have so much talent he just has to get the ball to, I really don’t want to line up across from Waddle and Hill with a rookie and Dane Jackson, if Tre is back, that’s fine, but he can’t run with them either.  For me, I’d love to see another quality CB added.  You never want to rely on a rookie, there’s not a choice, but you don’t want to.  You have a great player coming back, but you don’t know what he’s going to be when he gets here.   The CB position is far from “set”.  

• Agree 1

On 5/4/2022 at 7:18 PM, John from Riverside said:

If he gets released we dont need to pay that contract (Bradbury)

I don't see the point in that; moving Edmunds,A Pro Bowler,creates a big hole at MLB. To add a CB that isn't even guaranteed to start?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.