Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)

billsbackto81

7 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Exactly, Beane and company have done well to shore up other positions.  Why would they just rely on a rookie and Jackson at the important position of CB without knowing when Tre will be available?

Tre is said to be available for the first game, by Beane, just the other day, fingers crossed 🤞 

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… Ideally a guy that pushes Bates to the bench… or even someone to push Brown who really struggled in pass protection last season.

Who is this player? Pickings are kinda slim for OL help this late in FA. 

53 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Tre is said to be available for the first game, by Beane, just the other day, fingers crossed 🤞 

A few days ago Beane said they wouldn't rush Tre back, they don't want to risk re-injury. I would guess he'll be back by the start of October.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… Ideally a guy that pushes Bates to the bench… or even someone to push Brown who really struggled in pass protection last season.

You mean like Quessenberry?  Who the Bills just signed and has starting experience at both RT and guard....  Not to mention Ford still has potential and maybe now realizes some of that under Kromer, and Doyle is still raw and can push Brown.  Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have another quality depth/spot starter option and maybe if Kromer is not high on Doyle/Ford after getting to work with them a bit we look to add someone else near end of preseason, but right now it looks like Bills FO has is pretty satisfied with the OL as is. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tre White was killin it right off the bus his rookie year.  Why not the same for Elam?

Because every player is different.

Elam might end up being a great player but could struggle mightily as a rookie like some DB's do.

But if there is any chance to land Bradberry on a one year deal, a team with SB aspirations should pull the trigger especially not know when White is going to be ready to play and if he's even going to be the same guy again.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ll be more than fine without Tre for however long he needs…. As they were without him for the final 7 or so games last season. JMO.

But they weren't fine. They lost games to contenders like the Bucs and Chiefs largely because of the drop off from Tre White to Dane Jackson/Levi Wallace. We don't lose to the Chiefs if White is guarding Tyreek Hill at the end of the 4th quarter instead of Levi Wallace. They can certainly survive without him for a few games early in the regular season but if we want to lock up homefield advantage, a CB like Bradberry keeping Tre's seat warm would make it easier. That being said I don't really expect us to sign him. He'll want to sign with a team that needs a starter for the whole season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

After having a great FA, and now we think draft, we’re fine.  Just another thread of being this guy in for a look.  I’m fine for a look as they do that to do the medical and when there is an injury, they know whether they want to call in advance as contrary to some dingbats, Beane was GM of the year a year ago.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins again one of these days.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh, I think the blame goes around in all those games…. Actually thought Dane played a great game against the Bucs…. And the offense couldn’t capitalize twice to end that game. 

Of course he would help, but as long as the offense is humming it won’t matter. They’ll be fine without Tre for as long as he needs.

Yeah, usually is more than one thing to place blame upon. As for Tre, I don't know if he will be ready for 1st game or not, but I do think he comes back earlier than some may predict.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tre White was killin it right off the bus his rookie year.  Why not the same for Elam?

Never said he couldn't. I just think it would be presumptuous to assume so. Elam though promising still has flaws. Remember he wasn't ranked a Top 5 CB prospect by many in this draft, not that it means much. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

A few days ago Beane said they wouldn't rush Tre back, they don't want to risk re-injury. I would guess he'll be back by the start of October.

I agree with the No rushing him back, just happy that Tre appears to be on track recovery wise👍

Cap-strapped Giants expected to part ways with James Bradberry by 'end of the week'
Published: May 05, 2022 at 11:27 AM

"We should have some resolution hopefully by the end of the week," Schoen said, via NJ.com. "It's unfortunate because he's a great kid."

https://www.nfl.com/news/cap-strapped-giants-expected-to-part-ways-with-james-bradberry-by-end-of-the-wee

27 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Never said he couldn't. I just think it would be presumptuous to assume so. Elam though promising still has flaws. Remember he wasn't ranked a Top 5 CB prospect by many in this draft, not that it means much. 

Not sure he starts out like Tre did back then, but I can honestly say this is the team that gives him the best chance to have a start like that if he's going to do it. This staff has definitely proved they know they're ***** when it's comes to CBs.

I don't carry the slightest bit of concern they won't get the best out of this kid.

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think they’re going to land Bradberry now. If the draft went a different way and they didn’t take a CB round 1 maybe. Also Tre is said to be on schedule for opening day.

I do think they will add a veteran CB to push Dane and Kaiir though. 

d put the odds of Tre will be 100% on opening day at 5%,  He might even start but to be  Tre ready is wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

d put the odds of Tre will be 100% on opening day at 5%,  He might even start but to be  Tre ready is wishful thinking.

Where you see those odds again? Maybe a typo, but you said "d put the odds of Tre ready opening day at 5%"....

Who is this "d" you speak of that came up with those odds? Not at all trying to be an ass or anything, seriously curious because I haven't heard anything like that.

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Where you see those odds again? Maybe a typo, but you said "d put the odds of Tre ready opening day at 5%"....

Who is this "d" you speak of that came up with those odds? Not at all trying to be an ass or anything, seriously curious because I haven't heard anything like that.

I was omitted, meant "I'd" not "d".

I didn't see the odds anywhere, my REALISTIC opinion. Also I think the Bills are smart enough not to rush him back.  Would rather have Tre back 100% for half the season and the playoffs  than some risky,  less then 100% Tre.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

I was omitted, meant "I'd" not "d".

I didn't see the odds anywhere, my REALISTIC opinion. Also I think the Bills are smart enough not to rush him back.  Would rather have Tre back 100% for half the season and the playoffs  than some risky,  less then 100% Tre.

Ah ok, I got ya. Yeah Bills definitely aren't going to rush him. No reason to anyway being start of season. Anyones guess if he is ready week 1 or not, however I'd guess my odds would be higher than yours. 

According to what I understand, wasn't long ago (month or 2 maybe) I saw that his recovery has/is been fast and with how much hard work he's putting in it along with Bills top notch facility that he could be ready by then.

Anyway, it's just one of those wait an see deals...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If they are going to use their limited cap space on a quality FA, I would think another CB should be way down the list. They’ll be more than fine without Tre for however long he needs…. As they were without him for the final 7 or so games last season. JMO.

I would think outside WR3 would be on the short list of remaining FA, Sanders old spot has not been replaced.  This seems now higher on the list than CB.

As it looks now the WR group is slightly behind last year.  Diggs/Davis -same, Crowder slightly better than Beas,  McK - same, and then 5th round pick or Kumerow seem like a big drop from Sanders.   

It seems short sighted to wait until an injury to bring in a WR, they take time to gel.  Could bring back Sanders.  Julio seems like he would be expensive but still out there, W Fuller has speed.  Maybe Crowder can go outside- Beas never did.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.