Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)

billsbackto81

Beane was on One Bills Live right after the draft and they asked him about adding other Free Agents and Beane basically said they don’t have room with the top 53 cap at the moment. 

Im sure if they want a player bad enough they would make a move but with Tre trending towards week 1, Elam and Dane, I would be surprised if they brought Bradberry in. 

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Still hoping a quality interior offensive linemen becomes available.

I hope you find a way to work this talking point into every single thread this summer. It will be fun watching you find new indirect ways of bringing it up.

• Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

Why would Beane give them that if the Giant’s only other option is to release him?

Because theres a 1 in 31 chance at landing a guy, provided you do want him. Giants take on half the salary in a more cost controlled scenario.

Get rrrrr done

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Giants couldn't have used the Bills picks in rds 4-7 for Bradberry? Seems to me like Schoen and Daboll don't have any thoughts on helping the Bills out in any shape, form or fashion

Or…we don’t want to pay him and drafted 2 CBs already 

Welcome to an AFC contender Mr Bradberry

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Still hoping a quality interior offensive linemen becomes available.

In the James Bradberry thread….. way to contribute!! 

See You Eyes GIF by CBC

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Giants couldn't have used the Bills picks in rds 4-7 for Bradberry? Seems to me like Schoen and Daboll don't have any thoughts on helping the Bills out in any shape, form or fashion

If the Giants were to trade Bradberry they would’ve likely had to restructure his contract. Obviously that wasn’t an option.

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/04/with-no-trade-market-developing-giants-close-to-releasing-james-bradberry/

Really thought he would've been acquired by now whether by us or KC who also had interest. Would be a solid acquisition as they bring Elam up to speed providing the price is right. Xavier Rhodes would be a nice get as well.

Not as big on Haden as a lot of others here are. 

At 14M per season that's just too rich for what he brings which is a boom or bust corner. I wouldn't hate the idea of bringing him in but he's sure to cost around 10M per season since Donte Jackson got a 3 year 35M deal with 11M guaranteed and he's a bit less proven than Bradberry. I think Haden would be a better fit and on a 1 year deal which would make more sense imo. What is is that you don't like about Haden other than age?

• Agree 1

Would be a nice final piece to add to the secondary as even with Elam added there is a lack of depth at the position esp if Tre isn’t ready to go at the start of the season. Add him and another vet Oline piece would be the last fine tuning of the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Tre coming back from an ACL

2nd year CB Dane Jackson

Rookie Kaiir Elam

You're ok with that going into the season with all the high powered offenses we'll see this year? Just asking your opinion, we know it's not our decision to make.

At least it’s those three fighting for two jobs, not three…. It sounds a lot worse thinking it’s three jobs…. I think the kid from Villanova also makes it as the fourth outside CB. Unless the Bills drafted him to be a safety? IDK? That could be another healthy body at the position. But yes, I expect Elam to start week one. It’s Tre that is the big question mark and I’m sure the Bills know a whole lot more than we do on White’s progress. I don’t even know what the return time is for an ACL anymore? Anybody know this? I was told it is not a full year anymore but then how long is it?

The Bottom Line: Our back seven ought to be real fine once everyone settles down. If there is one thing this regime can do, it’s draft corners and get them ready for the opener. Sure, they are going to take some lumps early but once they settle down I see our back seven as one of the best in the league….

………… Tremaine …… Milano ………. TJ

Tre……. Hyde …………  Poyer  …………… Elam.

We’ve been wanting to add a high ceiling guy to those six vets for awhile. I’m glad we all got to see it in action (knock on wood) before we lose Poyer and Hyde. It ought to be pretty sensational. Health is a big question every year, but what we need to see is a big improvement on that defensive line in order for this defense to really be one that can win a Super Bowl. But as far as Elam goes, I think he is plug and play. The Bills would not have traded up if it weren’t so… He’s a freakin’ #1 pick! Of course he is starting.

I would love to have him but I don’t think the Bills will be able to match what he will get on the open market, unless they can get him on a one year deal worth around $8m or less.   With Elam and White, I just don’t see them investing too much on another DB beyond 2022.

I think the Bills will get a veteran CB but it won’t be too costly.

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/04/with-no-trade-market-developing-giants-close-to-releasing-james-bradberry/

Really thought he would've been acquired by now whether by us or KC who also had interest. Would be a solid acquisition as they bring Elam up to speed providing the price is right. Xavier Rhodes would be a nice get as well.

Not as big on Haden as a lot of others here are. 

He'll almost certainly get a lot more money than they are going to be willing to pay.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Why would the Bills want that contract? And no, they don't want to help. Nobody helps anybody like that. They all have the same goal and only one can win.

Many on here was okay with the contract prior to the Bills drafting Elam. We've all seen contracts get reworked. Giants are a NFC team. Doubt we'll be seeing them in any SB matches any time soon. 

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Could've made trade before the draft.

I thought you were kidding at first.

Bradberry has been in the league for 5 seasons.

He has zero All-Pros and 1 Pro Bowl (2020).

You want the Bills to pay him his base salary of $13.4 million for this year?

His cap hit of $21.8 million this year is second only to Jalen Ramsey among cornerbacks.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Welcome to an AFC contender Mr Bradberry

In the James Bradberry thread….. way to contribute!! 

See You Eyes GIF by CBC

He'll end up with the JETS😎

3 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I thought you were kidding at first.

Bradberry has been in the league for 5 seasons.

He has zero All-Pros and 1 Pro Bowl (2020).

You want the Bills to pay him his base salary of $13.4 million for this year?

They did it with other former Carolina players, didn't they? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.