Giants prepared to release CB Bradberry (now released)

billsbackto81

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/04/with-no-trade-market-developing-giants-close-to-releasing-james-bradberry/

Really thought he would've been acquired by now whether by us or KC who also had interest. Would be a solid acquisition as they bring Elam up to speed providing the price is right. Xavier Rhodes would be a nice get as well.

Not as big on Haden as a lot of others here are. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He is not subject to waivers. He is a veteran.

https://gmenhq.com/2022/05/03/ny-giants-running-out-options-james-bradberry-contract/

Perhaps the worst kept secret of the Joe Schoen era so far is that the NY Giants are looking to move on from James Bradberry. It is not a reflection of the player himself, with Bradberry still playing as the CB1 in 2021, but rather an inability to pay his current salary.

As it stands, the Giants have an “effective cap space” of -$7.2 million, according to ‘Over The Cap‘ – a number that takes into account the cost of signing the team’s rookie draft class. If they are forced to cut Bradberry, rather than find a trade destination, the savings against the salary cap will be over $10 million – enough to allow the Giants to sign their 2022 rookies.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/james-bradberry-19011/

Current Contract

James Bradberry signed a 3 year, $43,500,000 contract with the New York Giants, including $31,980,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,500,000. In 2022, Bradberry will earn a base salary of $13,400,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $21,863,889 and a dead cap value of $11,727,778.

4 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I wouldn’t get high hopes for this.. I think they are pretty much done at CB.  Maybe another camp body they might add 

Tre coming back from an ACL

2nd year CB Dane Jackson

Rookie Kaiir Elam

You're ok with that going into the season with all the high powered offenses we'll see this year? Just asking your opinion, we know it's not our decision to make.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’d be surprised if Beane doesn’t do his due diligence to at least see what his camp is asking for. He’d be great on a 1 year deal where he’d come to the Bills and be the best version of himself 😂

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Giants couldn't have used the Bills picks in rds 4-7 for Bradberry? Seems to me like Schoen and Daboll don't have any thoughts on helping the Bills out in any shape, form or fashion

Why would Beane give them that if the Giant’s only other option is to release him?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Giants couldn't have used the Bills picks in rds 4-7 for Bradberry? Seems to me like Schoen and Daboll don't have any thoughts on helping the Bills out in any shape, form or fashion

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/james-bradberry-19011/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of %2414%2C500%2C000.

Bills did not want any part of that contract either. 13.5 mill cap hit for 2022.

And he is #1 CB starter on Giants, so he is not taking a big cut either without testing the waters first.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Maybe we didn’t want the salary after taking a CB in the first.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I can’t imagine we even tried. Why would we trade for his salary on the first place?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The title of the article outright states that "no trade market developed". If we offered them something, they'd have made the deal. No GM is going to turn down picks from a team in another conference to release them for nothing. It's obvious that Beane didn't make an offer. And after Drafting 2 CB's, 1 in the 1st Round, I don't see them being in on him even as a Free Agent. Especially at what his cost will be and other teams most likely offering a better opportunity long term than we have here.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

22 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

2nd year CB Dane Jackson

Rookie Kaiir Elam

You're ok with that going into the season with all the high powered offenses we'll see this year? Just asking your opinion, we know it's not our decision to make.

And Taron Johnson in the Nickel

And Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer behind them

Tre White will be back by Week 4 at the latest. We just spent a 1st Round pick on a highly talented CB on the other side. Dane Jackson played CB2 from Thanksgiving and through the playoffs.

Bradberry's going to have options and far better opportunities to see the field on a more regular basis than we'll offer. And we're not going to pay what it will cost to get him for the kind of role he'd play here.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

2nd year CB Dane Jackson

Rookie Kaiir Elam

Am OK with it, so-so.  I'd like to see another vet brought in bu likely Bradberry is out of our price point.  Could be trickle down effect, whomever he signs with releases someone else and a lower cost

26 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’d be surprised if Beane doesn’t do his due diligence to at least see what his camp is asking for. He’d be great on a 1 year deal where he’d come to the Bills and be the best version of himself 😂

Agree, if they could get him at a low cost, great. Also depends on when they really think White will be a go.  If it's by Oct 1st then may be better looking for a lower cost option.  Also want to let the rookie play a fair amount to get his feet wet

50 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why would the Bills want that contract? And no, they don't want to help. Nobody helps anybody like that. They all have the same goal and only one can win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.