New Bills RB Raheem Blackshear sees himself “like a Deebo Samuel”

YoloinOhio

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-2022-why-virginia-techs-raheem-blackshear-hopes-to-follow-in-deebo-samuels-all-pro-footsteps/

this was from before the draft:

Blackshear recently met with Buffalo Bills running backs coach Kelly Skipper, and the experience stood out from his other meetings because of Skipper’s probing questions.

“He was picking my brain pretty well,” Blackshear said. “He put me through a lot of tests and stuff like that … made me look at different formations. I like to be challenged, and he was challenging me, and I really appreciate everything he did for me.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks for sharing buddy. Saw on a different site couple days ago. Was like wow  met Kelly skipper few weeks before draft

I like it - if you're an UDFA, you have nothing to lose, and need to try to distinguish yourself from the crowd.

Naturally, he only makes this or any team if his play warrants it, but nothing wrong with getting a little hype going for yourself.  I might try that at work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm struggling to understand how an undrafted running back is comparing himself to a WR who was picked in the 2nd round.

Maybe he'd have been better off comparing himself to someone like ... oh, I don't ***** know ... Fred Jackson??

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm struggling to understand how an undrafted running back is comparing himself to a WR who was picked in the 2nd round.

Maybe he'd have been better off comparing himself to someone like ... oh, I don't ***** know ... Fred Jackson??

Well, he was going to compare his skillset to practice squad RBs but for some reason thought that saying that while trying to get drafted was a dumb idea.

• Like (+1) 1

It's interesting to me how Samuel has defined a whole new type of player.  I suppose Corredelle Patterson is also that type of guy.  A strong, versatile WR who excels in RAC and is effective lining up in the backfield.  Kind of a hybrid WR/RB.  I think the Bills see Cook in that mold.  It will be interesting to see if Blackshear is able to demonstrate that skillset sufficiently to earn a roster spot.  My guess is PS for him.  He was a good college player and very productive in a good conference.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

So basically he will be a diva glass cannon who wants to get paid lots of money but only if he gets to do what he wants?

We should be so lucky. And not even joking. Let’s hope the guy becomes that valuable!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'd rather him compare himself to Deebo than FredEx. FredEx came to work every day and performed without issues

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

In another thread, someone compared the 6th round Punter to Josh Allen so......why not?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.