Former Bills CB Levi Wallace takes blame for 13 Seconds

Levi Wallace was a 4.63 corner who was always out of position, and the coaching on this team made him look halfway decent. I’ll always remember Wallace for getting beat not turning around for the ball and either getting a flag or giving up the reception. I’m so glad we didn’t pay him!!! Will Ferrell Goodbye GIF by filmeditor

Edited by Dr. Football
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

was fine up until he said "really just let us down, cause the fans arent out there". pretty tone deaf comment for a guy that spent what, 4 years here?

lost focus, lack of attention to detail... wish we replaced him with someone the opposite of that, OH WAIT

except he’s completely right. Grow up 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

except he’s completely right. Grow up 

So they didn't let anyone in buffalo down? He was dumb to go outta his way to say this.

When josh says they know a whole city is riding on the team and he understands how important a W is to the culture... everyone here rallies that's awesome and inspiring and leadership... Levi does the opposite and it's, what, cool?

Idgaf what he said, but I can't be convinced this was smart to say. It's a stupid comment

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So the question is, and I'm certainly not saying that I know, is whether he was instructed to do that, or did he do it on his own.

I can't see a situation where he would have been coached to guard nobody and leave Kelce wide open in the middle of the field

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you think it might be even remotely possible that there was more blame to go around then just the coaches.......asking for a friend

Or maybe, just maybe, they called timeout to make sure the whole defense knew the play call, but the defense read it incorrectly after the timeout.  

15 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

its just a dumb comment i didnt miss him before that, and i dont now. should be a major upgrade for us

I don't see anything wrong with it.

He's not saying that he didn't let the fans down. 

Just that what hurts him most was letting his teammates down. 

Nothing wrong there to my eyes. 

Damn shame about the lack of communication. Must have seemed in the bag. He says they had the right play called but messed it up on the field. Weird, I could have sworn it was all the coaches fault from the commenters who know much better than the players do.

9 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

So they didn't let anyone in buffalo down? He was dumb to go outta his way to say this.

When josh says they know a whole city is riding on the team and he understands how important a W is to the culture... everyone here rallies that's awesome and inspiring and leadership... Levi does the opposite and it's, what, cool?

Idgaf what he said, but I can't be convinced this was smart to say. It's a stupid comment

He didn't say that.

And if you don't GAF what he said, maybe you shouldn't be all worried about it. 

Fair enough that it wasn't particularly smart. Nothing especially wrong with it either, though.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BBills88 said:

Will the Mafia & content creators ease up on Mc Dermott & Fraizer now?

Why let better info stand in the way of a good narrative that produces a scapegoat on the sidelines? Grab the pitchforks!

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean the dude was guarding air along the sideline as if KC had no timeouts left when they had all 3 left, who else would he be blaming?

He could blame who everyone else has ... nobody, we don't want to go into specifics.

This was a high character move.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I can't see a situation where he would have been coached to guard nobody and leave Kelce wide open in the middle of the field

Exactly. That’s why I always believed a player messed up. BUT I’m not putting this on Levi completely because Poyer or Hyde also could’ve told Levi to tighten up. Milano could’ve told Levi to tighten up.

The Bills players weren’t ready. They likely were all thinking Hill is getting the ball. 

I still blame coaching because that confusion shouldn’t have happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wallace was guarding the sideline and did a great job of making sure the sideline didn't move.  As for playing defense, not so much. 

I think his screwups during the 13 seconds and then after the Chiefs won the coin toss were the final straw for the Bills management, which has wanted to move on from Wallace for years.

I credit Levi for starting with the man in the mirror. There was still a lot that should have been done differently in those 13 seconds from calls to time out usage etc, but that interview is a stark reminder that as Chan Gailey once said "plays are more fun than fundamentals, but fundamentals are more important than plays." The Bills secondary just lost sight of their fundamentals on communication and adjusting to the look. They had basically told themselves don't get beat deep and focused there rather than just playing the down on its merits. 

He is and will continue to be one of my favorite Bills of this era (though there are many to love on this team).  Not just for what he did on the field (which I think was solid at worst and pretty damn good overall), but because of how he earned the chance to make the team and earned the chance to start.  Because of how he prepared and dedicated himself to the team.  Because of the odds he overcame to earn the chance.  And for posting his cell number and taking every fans call about the Bills during the pit of the pandemic - gave me something to do and cheered me up.  Thanks Levi, go get 'em in Pittsburgh, just not against us!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Wallace was guarding the sideline and did a great job of making sure the sideline didn't move.  As for playing defense, not so much. 

I think his screwups during the 13 seconds and then after the Chiefs won the coin toss were the final straw for the Bills management, which has wanted to move on from Wallace for years.

Don’t forget the Hill TD. He allowed Hill inside when it was obvious Wallace was defending inside with inside technique. Unacceptable, doesn’t matter who the WR is. Can’t let him win inside if you’re guarding inside.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Exactly. That’s why I always believed a player messed up. BUT I’m not putting this on Levi completely because Poyer or Hyde also could’ve told Levi to tighten up. Milano could’ve told Levi to tighten up.

The Bills players weren’t ready. They likely were all thinking Hill is getting the ball. 

I still blame coaching because that confusion shouldn’t have happened. 

He claimed he trusted them form playing over the last 4 years to know where they would be and he never glanced back to see where they were prior to the play but if he would have, he would have noticed they weren't where he expected them to be and likely would have played it differently

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

No they did not “let us down.” They lost the game, whatever, move on. The fact you think these men owe us fans anything is infantile. 

18 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ll try to find the article number…I am 100% certain you cannot do that anymore for a few years now.  It was the same year the ravens intentionally got a bunch of offensive holds on a punt a few times in a row to run out the game clock

belichick did it to the jets I believe also and giggled like a schoolgirl then someone did it to him and he looked so sad haha 

They could have and should have done it on 1st down. You can do it once and get away with it. 2+ times is a penalty

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.