Former Bills CB Levi Wallace takes blame for 13 Seconds

7 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

"Teams can do it once in a given game. If they do it twice, officials are expected to declare the situation to be a palpably unfair act, with a 15-yard penalty and restoration of the lost time on the clock."

How many times do you think they'd have needed to do it with only 13 seconds on the clock? The point is to not be blatant about it.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

"Teams can do it once in a given game. If they do it twice, officials are expected to declare the situation to be a palpably unfair act, with a 15-yard penalty and restoration of the lost time on the clock."

How many times do you think they'd have needed to do it with only 13 seconds on the clock? The point is to not be blatant about it.

Since the chiefs had all of their timeouts, I'm guessing the Bills would have to do it more than once.

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Since the chiefs had all of their timeouts, I'm guessing the Bills would have to do it more than once.

No doubt....but to my way of thinking, just about anything would be better than the strategy they chose to employ.  As I said earlier these same type of strategies are used throughout sports to 'shorten' the game.  I was very disappointed that they didn't try any of them. 

"Fans aren't out there"....apparently you weren't either Levi. Why do you even bother with the  boundaries when you know KC has 3 timeouts. You hand them the 25 yard line on a silver platter (McD). You know all they need is a couple of 20 yard plays. And your safeties are in deep prevent. We deserve everything that happened in that last 13 seconds. 

• Agree 1

Not saying that Levi played it well, I agree with you Levi, you were part of the problem.  That being said the coaches deserve more of the blame in those 13 seconds.  The defense that was called was wrong.  Levi was almost 10 yards off the line at the snap on a TE!  What a joke.

I don't care about him saying the comment about the fans because he was talking about how they took their communication for granted, not the fans in general. 

• Agree 1

Levi Wallace is the first and only Bills player or coach to stand up and take any responsibility whatsoever for 13 seconds.  I don't care about the other comments because just doing that, this guy has more character than anyone else that was responsible for that inexplicable defense.  I wish he still played for us.  Farewell, Levi Wallace, and we thank you.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Sorry but not buying that. All the evidence fails squarely on the coaching staff. 

It isn't like the Bills haven't played this team previously and don't know their package concepts.

In 2020 the Bills played the Chiefs in week in week 6 and were beaten 26-17. The Bills defensive strategy for that game was to play off the receivers while not allowing anything deep. The Chiefs countered that by running the ball 46 times for 245 and Mahomes had a modest game, 21 of 26 for 225. 

The Bills played them again in 2020 in the conference championship game and changed their defensive strat and were beaten 38-24. Mahomes 29 of 38 for 325, 3 TDs. 

In 2021 with Mahomes having a rocky start to the season following that beat down in the SB by the Bucs. The Bills played them in week 5 and beat them like a drum 38-20!  The Chiefs and Mahomes eventually got their offense straightened out and finished 12-4 with home field throughout. 

In that 2021 playoff game against the Chiefs that supposed #1 Buffalo Bills defense gave up 552 yards of offense to the Chiefs, losing 42-36 in OT.

#1 defense?  Lies, damned lies and statistics!  I also don't count losing Tre white with a seasone ending injury as the reason for a lot of the failures. 

My view is that the Bills ST coach took some heat for that kick off, he's gone.🐐

Wallace also took some heat, he's gone. 🐐

The real culprit is the is someone different! C'mon now, giving up 552 yards of offense!

Playing a prevent defense for those 13 seconds. It was stunning to see the Bills defenders guarding the sidelines while the middle was wide open!!

The only players on the LoS where the Bills 4 down linemen as the rest were 10-15 yards off the LoS. 

Josh Allen played a great game against the Chiefs, 27 of37 329, 4 passing TDs all for naught because of defensive stupidity.

That Tampa Bay game, week 14. Last play, LBer Edmunds was covering a WR. He got beat, TD, end of game after such heroics by the Buffalo QB. 

41-15 loss to the Colts in week 11 with hapless Carson Wentz as their QB. Why? because the Bills defense gave up 32 rushes for 185 yards, 4 TDs to Colts RB Jonathan Taylor.

Some really questionable defensive play calls throughout the 2021 season that cost the team some games. Homefield. A home playoff game in Buffalo...

Is the ghost of Skeletor roaming the halls at OBD?

We all saw who the scapegoats ended up being. I can only hope that those "other" issues where addressed behind the scenes for the 2022 season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I am not saddened to see Wallace go.

It was obvious opposing teams were going after him all the time.

If Hyde doesn't make that superb pick in the playoff game, 39's back jersey would have been in another highlight, getting beat badly on a double move to tie the game.

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You mean....McDermott's implication that there was a reasonable play called and a failure of execution on the part of one or more players....might be correct?  And that McDermott not wanting to throw a player or players under the bus publically, might actually be McDermott being a stand up guy and not a little weasel who doesn't own his own mistakes?

😱

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

was fine up until he said "really just let us down, cause the fans arent out there". pretty tone deaf comment for a guy that spent what, 4 years here?

lost focus, lack of attention to detail... wish we replaced him with someone the opposite of that, OH WAIT

I didn't here it that way.  The players get pretty tight with each other during the season, I think he just meant that they were hurting for each other most.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean the dude was guarding air along the sideline as if KC had no timeouts left when they had all 3 left, who else would he be blaming?

So the question is, and I'm certainly not saying that I know, is whether he was instructed to do that, or did he do it on his own.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What I learned from this...if any of it is true...is that the blame lies squarely on the coaching staff.  They coached scared!  Trust me, the players aren't calling the defense. The coaches are. 

What you "learned" from this is it verified despite whatever he said what you thought before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

I think its a fair point to say that is a pretty tone deaf comment by him.  It's just kinda frustrating considering how secretive the team was after that loss.  No reasons were ever presented and us as fans really wanted to know what the F that was that we just witnessed in front of a national stage.  It felt like we were being dismissed a bit and this comment furthers that mind set. 

In listening to the interview, it was almost as if he circled back to make a point out of separating the fans from the team. It was sort of an odd comment. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.