Former Bills CB Levi Wallace takes blame for 13 Seconds

22 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

I think its a fair point to say that is a pretty tone deaf comment by him.  It's just kinda frustrating considering how secretive the team was after that loss.  No reasons were ever presented and us as fans really wanted to know what the F that was that we just witnessed in front of a national stage.  It felt like we were being dismissed a bit and this comment furthers that mind set. 

You can’t take it personally. NFL careers are too short for the players to care about anything beyond themselves and their teammates.

• Agree 1

Enough blame to go around, but 2 things caught my attention.

1. The attitude that the game was over. Very surprising to hear from a McDermott led team.

2. Lack of situational awareness. Mentioned how they had to worry about the sidelines. KC had all their timeouts, or at least the 2 they used. Sidelines meant absolutely nothing.

Glad we upgraded the position with speed. 

Edited by Allen2Moulds

41 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Hey, took some guts to come out and say what he said, putting a lot of the blame onto himself. Easily could have stayed more tight lipped about it like everyone else. He surely wasn't the best CB we ever had, but gave it his all and despite several tries nobody beat him out for the job in four seasons.

It was smart on his part to wait until he signed his next big contract to admit his mistake.....he has nothing to lose at this point.

I have nothing against Wallace, but it’s clear Elam should be an upgrade to Wallace.

Edited by Special K

I am sure there is enough blame to go around on those 13 seconds.  The classy thing to do is focus on what you could have done better and not throw anyone else under the bus.  Levi handled the question great.  No matter if Levi played inside leverage or outside, if he gets beat by Tyreek, theres still 20 yards until the next closest defender.  Not sure it would have mattered that much.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dbfla10 said:

The kickoff may be on coaches. But what Levi is saying is 100% fact. He was misaligned based off of where the safety was playing. IF he looks back and adjusts like he said he shouldve that final pass to Kelce does not happen. 

I’ve been saying this since it happened various places on the internet and I’ve been taking a lot of flak haha. I do not feel any better knowing i may have been right though 😂

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ve been saying this since it happened various places on the internet and I’ve been taking a lot of flak haha. I do not feel any better knowing i may have been right though 😂

Im with ya and if you understand defense you can clearly tell that the Bills were aligned wrong and didn't drop into the proper zones... Just shows that its a team that can easily correct their mistakes. Theyll learn from their mistakes and hopefully take the next step.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What I learned from this...if any of it is true...is that the blame lies squarely on the coaching staff.  They coached scared!  Trust me, the players aren't calling the defense. The coaches are. 

I’m still surprised by this ‘coaching scared’ critique…especially when tyreek hill took a simple drag route like 70 yards to the house several minutes earlier in the game 😂 how aggressive can you really be with Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson starting at cb.  Looked like back to back blown assignments to me the last two plays of the game.  

We wanted mahomes running around holding the ball a long time but someone was late picking up the RB on that first play 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m still surprised by this ‘coaching scared’ critique…especially when tyreek hill took a simple drag route like 70 yards to the house several minutes earlier in the game 😂 how aggressive can you really be with Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson starting at cb 

It's been said over and over and over again. You simply hold the WRs at the line of scrimmage, take the five yard penalty, and the clock runs out. It's not complicated. In the NBA they do it in the final minute of almost every single game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It's been said over and over and over again. You simply hold the WRs at the line of scrimmage, take the five yard penalty, and the clock runs out. It's not complicated. In the NBA they do it in the final minute of almost every single game.

It’s also been said over and over again…you cannot do that due to a rule change.  You are 100% incorrect.  Can’t intentionally hold receivers anymore to manipulate the game clock.  I believe it changed in 2017/2018…49ers did it to the saints to close out a half and the nfl was like ‘didn’t like that’ lol

also the NBA is a different sport 😂

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The game cannot end on a defensive penalty.  They would not have been able to simply take a penalty and let the clock run out.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s also been said over and over again…you cannot do that due to a rule change.  You are 100% incorrect.  

What rule prevented them from doing it?

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The game cannot end on a defensive penalty.  They would not have been able to simply take a penalty and let the clock run out.

The game doesn't end.  You are trying to burn clock.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What rule prevented them from doing it?

The game doesn't end.  You are trying to burn clock.

I’ll try to find the article number…I am 100% certain you cannot do that anymore for a few years now.  It was the same year the ravens intentionally got a bunch of offensive holds on a punt a few times in a row to run out the game clock

belichick did it to the jets I believe also and giggled like a schoolgirl then someone did it to him and he looked so sad haha 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.