Former Bills CB Levi Wallace takes blame for 13 Seconds

was fine up until he said "really just let us down, cause the fans arent out there". pretty tone deaf comment for a guy that spent what, 4 years here?

lost focus, lack of attention to detail... wish we replaced him with someone the opposite of that, OH WAIT

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

was fine up until he said "really just let us down, cause the fans arent out there". pretty tone deaf comment for a guy that spent what, 4 years here?

lost focus, lack of attention to detail... wish we replaced him with someone the opposite of that, OH WAIT

Get thicker skin, I guess. There was nothing wrong with his comment.

Just now, BigAl2526 said:

McDermott would never say publicly if a certain player screwed up, but if McDermott agrees with Levi's assessment, could that be a contributing factor in the decision not to try and re-sign him?

They've been trying to replace Wallace ever since he got here (without investing a ton in the position). I think the writing was on the wall. They wanted an upgrade regardless of that game.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Get thicker skin, I guess. There was nothing wrong with his comment.

They've been trying to replace Wallace ever since he got here (without investing a ton in the position). I think the writing was on the wall. They wanted an upgrade regardless of that game.

its just a dumb comment i didnt miss him before that, and i dont now. should be a major upgrade for us

• Agree 2

Yup. The moment is huge and small mental mistakes can be the difference. At least he manned up and took responsibility. Not football related but heck, the 43 car was less than half a lap away from winning Talladega a week ago too. He could see the finish line and made a mistake that cost him the race.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I think its a fair point to say that is a pretty tone deaf comment by him.  It's just kinda frustrating considering how secretive the team was after that loss.  No reasons were ever presented and us as fans really wanted to know what the F that was that we just witnessed in front of a national stage.  It felt like we were being dismissed a bit and this comment furthers that mind set. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

What I gathered from this is that 63 yard catch and run scared Buffalo to death. Their answer was to back way up 

Also interesting to hear the comment on Poyer and Milano. What was the sight adjustment to the formation and time versus the play called. And why did it happen twice 

Sorry but not buying that. All the evidence fails squarely on the coaching staff. 

Failure to provide clear instructions on the kickoff.

Called a timeout before the first play only to give up an easy 15 yard pick up.

Called time out AGAIN and still stayed in the same defense to easily give up another big play allowing KC to kick a FG.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hey, took some guts to come out and say what he said, putting a lot of the blame onto himself. Easily could have stayed more tight lipped about it like everyone else. He surely wasn't the best CB we ever had, but gave it his all and despite several tries nobody beat him out for the job in four seasons.

Edited by Bleedbuffaloblue
Missing letter
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

McDermott would never say publicly if a certain player screwed up, but if McDermott agrees with Levi's assessment, could that be a contributing factor in the decision not to try and re-sign him?

Yup...also why Elam’s notebook left an impression as well...shows attention to detail...👍

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

This podcast was on yesterday and John Fina (ex bill) was on it as well.

Fans gushing their support for Levi......I dont want to speak for him but the fan support was definately there.

6 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Sorry but not buying that. All the evidence fails squarely on the coaching staff. 

Called time out AGAIN and still stayed in the same defense to easily give up another big play allowing KC to kick a FG.

The kickoff may be on coaches. But what Levi is saying is 100% fact. He was misaligned based off of where the safety was playing. IF he looks back and adjusts like he said he shouldve that final pass to Kelce does not happen. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Tons for respect for Levi, he has zero reason to revisit or be transparent with what happened but he took responsibility and explained why he was taking that responsibility.

That’s big time, and make no mistake about it; even though he took sole responsibility for what happened it wasn’t solely, or even mostly, his fault. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6

12 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Do you think it might be even remotely possible that there was more blame to go around then just the coaches.......asking for a friend

• Like (+1) 5

I have no issue with Wallace's comments.  He was open about what happened and gave his honest thoughts on it and specifically on what he personally could have done better.  I don't think that his comment about letting themselves down vs. letting the fans down was problematic, when taken in context.  He sounds like a good guy and I thought he was a solid player for the Bills.  Despite all the negativity on this site against him, he beat out the competition for his spot year after year and played like a decent/average NFL starter.  Not bad for a UDFA.  Good luck to him (personally) in Pittsburgh.  I don't wish any luck to the Steelers team, however.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.