Bengals “seek” respect. Want to prove they aren't one-hit wonder

16 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

We exhausted everything KC had, and they swooped in and took advantage. Everyone knows this, that’s why they have no respect. 

Exactly.  In the words of Hank Bullough, the Bills 'took the sails out of their wind'.  KC had to scratch and claw to win at home against the Bills. When the Bengals came in, they were playing a team still recovering from the previous battle.

I have little doubt that if the Bills had won and hosted the Bengals in the AFCC, they would have beat the snot out of them.

In some ways, I'm almost glad they didn't get to the superbowl. Not sure they were quite ready. If they'd lost it would have stirred up the whole 'Bills lose superbowls' talk and the current team (most of whom weren't even born since last appearance) would be saddled with that stigma.

I'm not worried about that now.  With the FA signings and draft class, there are few (if any) weakness on this team.

If they stay healthy, they should be able to beat any other team soundly.  They just need to take care of business and not lose to vastly inferior teams like the Jags and Stillers. Those are the kind of losses that will determine being at home or on the road come playoff time.

Edited by SoMAn

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I also think the Bengals will miss the playoffs. I like Alex Cappa as an OL upgrade but La'el Collins had lost the starter job in Dallas he isn't the guy he was and Ted Karras has always been someone you should feel great about being your 6th guy...  but leery about being in your starting 5. 

Their corners overachieved last year. Not sure that sustains. They lost their Tight End and I still think they have the 4th best coach in the division. 

I love Burrow. Love the receivers. Still think there are holes elsewhere. 

They're still going to put up about 28-30 ppg next year.  I think they win the division (like I predicted last year!) and I think they win it again this upcoming season.

I don't see Super Bowl again with them though.

• Disagree 1

15 hours ago, ganesh said:

Steelers are moving on from their Franchise QB

Lamar is coming off a injury plagued season

It is not clear if Watson will play at the start of the season

The Bengals have a VERY CLEAR path to the AFC Central title and to host  home playoff game(s).

I would counter with:

Steelers have never had a sub .500 season in all the years Tomlin has been at the help and everyone knows that Big Ben retired a year or two late and no way Trubisky/Pickett will be a downgrade from what they had at QB last year.

As long as Lamar is healthy the Ravens will be not just in the AFCN title picture, but SB contender picture.

Browns already have a viable SB contending roster without Watson, if he does play they should be much better since they at least have a QB that can throw the ball to a WR.

But again, I do believe the Bengals are extremely legit and can also come out of the AFCN again despite these other teams current status.

20 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Injuries are the only thing that will keep them out.  There are not 7 teams in the AFC better than Cincinnati.

Ravens could leapfrog them though and playing for a wildcard is gonna be tough with all those afc west teams. The best 7 teams don’t always make the playoffs…a lot of times you get at least one whack division winner lol lookin like it could be the AFC south winner this year

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

First off, this is 110% a bunch of NOTHINGNESS.

Secondly, I totally appreciate the guy's comments; he wants respect; so does everyone.

They will earn that respect if they are in fact a solid team that consistently can achieve some results.

If they prove to be one hit wonders, they probably won't get a lot of respect.

End of story.

You earn respect 

you don’t ask for it. 

34 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Is it ok to start not liking the Bengals, or is it not PC or something.  

I don’t like them, just seem whiney right now.   Like a better version of the Browns without the filth cloud hanging over them, but still annoying

I don’t call them the Bungles for nothing 

Andy Dalton was very good there. 
Just not enough team to get there.  

Joe 😎 has an ego. 
Sure he’s talented, but again it’s earned

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.