Bengals “seek” respect. Want to prove they aren't one-hit wonder

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Plus the Chiefs were obviously  looking past them figuring the hard part was over with the win over Buffalo. That and their miscues from getting cute during the game killed them. 

To a man everyone assumes the Bills would've beaten Cincy in Buffalo if it came to that. 

Buffalo would have slaughtered Cincy, It would have been bloody.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

We exhausted everything KC had, and they swooped in and took advantage. Everyone knows this, that’s why they have no respect. 

Yep, KC and Buffalo were a bit punch drunk after that game.

KC blew their load to get past Buffalo.

jacking off GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Bengals will not even make the playoffs this year.

I don't think that's a good take. 

They have a QB on a rookie deal. 

He performed well even behind a sieve OL.  They made 3 significant FA moves on OL and arguably upgraded at TE as well.

I think it's arguable they improved.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

A team that needs to talk about validation isn’t setting its priorities straight.

They did something in one year in the playoffs that these current Bills haven’t done in four playoffs…..

and that’s win on the road and in KC.

They won gut wrenching road games, the Bills have not.

Yet you don’t see the Bills BEGGING for respect.

If this is the Bengals attitude as a whole entering the 2022 season, I don’t like their chances at being anything more than an average team.

We have seen the Bills saying they're looking to prove they're for real, back when they still had a lot to prove.

There's nothing much here. There's no begging going on. He's talking about what they want to do this season, their goals.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

A lot of fans and NFL media thinks they were a fluke so that's definitely motivation.

Same thing was send about Allen and the Bills after the 2020 Covid season as well.

Personally I don't see the Bengals as a one hit wonder because they have a stud QB who was a #1 overall draft pick who quite frankly wasn't even the main catalyst during the playoff run. I think their path for repeat success will be much more difficult this year though since they won't be able to sneak up on anybody and their division is right up there with the AFCW as one of the most brutal in the NFL.

Steelers are moving on from their Franchise QB

Lamar is coming off a injury plagued season

It is not clear if Watson will play at the start of the season

The Bengals have a VERY CLEAR path to the AFC Central title and to host  home playoff game(s).

• Agree 1

I also think the Bengals will miss the playoffs. I like Alex Cappa as an OL upgrade but La'el Collins had lost the starter job in Dallas he isn't the guy he was and Ted Karras has always been someone you should feel great about being your 6th guy...  but leery about being in your starting 5. 

Their corners overachieved last year. Not sure that sustains. They lost their Tight End and I still think they have the 4th best coach in the division. 

I love Burrow. Love the receivers. Still think there are holes elsewhere. 

First off, this is 110% a bunch of NOTHINGNESS.

Secondly, I totally appreciate the guy's comments; he wants respect; so does everyone.

They will earn that respect if they are in fact a solid team that consistently can achieve some results.

If they prove to be one hit wonders, they probably won't get a lot of respect.

End of story.

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

Steelers are moving on from their Franchise QB

Lamar is coming off a injury plagued season

It is not clear if Watson will play at the start of the season

The Bengals have a VERY CLEAR path to the AFC Central title and to host  home playoff game(s).

The North is a tough division with some pretty intense rivalries. That entire division will beat itself up. Same goes for the West. South is a two team race between the Colts and Titans. While the Bills will lose some games they can't have another "Jacksonville" moment if they want homefield. If they get homefield then they have a great shot to get to the Super Bowl. Although I will admit I hope they can avoid the Colts. They seem to matchup well against the Bills. Even the Bills WC win two years ago it seemed like the Colts had the better of the play for much of the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.