The 5 International Games to be announced on GMFB Wednesday morning

2 hours ago, eball said:

I think we need @corta765 in this thread, STAT, to explain the possible schedule permutations and ramifications of these game announcements.

Realistically it just eliminates some of the game opponents we could have. The major rule of thumb with division games is the NFL likes to have them the last 2-3 weeks for division race reasons/tv and usually a division opponent early on. I have for years tried to see if their is any rhythm to when we play the NFC division and if that impacts when the Bills play them the next time and I haven't had a lot of luck. For insistence in 2018 we played the NFC North GB was mid season, MIN week 3, CHI mid season, and DET at the end. But in 2014 we opened in CHI, played MIN week 8, GB week 15, and DET week 5. If you believe that BUF is hosting GB at thanksgiving or xmas then this might help your case, I have thought we are at MIA early in the season on MNF so this helps my idea with that and MIN will be late as our last two matchups were in the first half of the year. But again it is all guessing and this just eliminates certain weeks we play MIA or GB

I'm not the least bit intrigued to go to any of those international games...but...I've said it before, if the Bills are scheduled in a future year (and you can possibly afford to go) you will not regret the experience. We had a blast in London! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm not the least bit intrigued to go to any of those international games...but...I've said it before, if the Bills are scheduled in a future year (and you can possibly afford to go) you will not regret the experience. We had a blast in London! 

Everyone I know says the same thing about that game "The trip was amazing. It was incredible to be there. But then EJ happened" 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Everyone I know says the same thing about that game "The trip was amazing. It was incredible to be there. But then EJ happened" 🤣

But EJ also brought them back.  Then our defense happened.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

These games all suck. The only one with a tiny bit of intrigue for me is the Mexico City game. 

And am I seeing this right, ESPN+ has exclusive rights to one of these games?

seems so.  
I don’t watch these unless it’s the Bills.  

A bunch of who cares games 

17 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Packers, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Jaguars, and Saints.

Seem there were some early and bad guesses 

Was sure I saw Tampa listed twice 

@GunnerBill@BritBill

My folks have recently moved into a flat just down the road from the Spuds' stadium and my eldest is a Vikings fan (well, he is Swedish after all) so I am eyeing the Vikings-Saints game on October 2 as a multiple birds with one stone sort of thing. If you are there, would be great to catch up for a beer or two. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, 947 said:

WTF does Germany need an NFL game? Where does it end?

This was clearly the plan with adding a 17th game to the schedule. I am 100% sure that within a few years, every team will be playing their extra non-conference game somewhere outside the US. And soon the Super Bowl will be somewhere abroad as well. I hate the whole international idea.

Follow the $. That and interest in the NFL has been consistently expanding overseas in the streaming era. As someone with family in DE, I’ll vouch for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I would love to see a NFL game in Germany but international travel is so difficult these days.

dislike.png

And I am not inviting wppete to go with me if I get tickets.

Oh and DESPITE being a Bills fan I have already liked Green Bay fan since 90s and was advocate of Hyde being signed by Bills as soon as he was a free agent.   Sort of like Kyle Brandt who was (and may be still) and is a Bills fan now.  There are also a number of people on this board who have season tickets to other teams and are still Bills fans.

Packers are playing an international game this year. 

Getting on a plane and flying a few hours is difficult? I don’t get it. Why?

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yup! I went with my dad and brother back in 2015. It was a blast. My first time in England and lover every minute of the trip with the exception of EJ and the long train ride back to the Airbnb. 

On 5/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, TBBills said:

PTL. There is a God.

Actually I'd be OK if the games were a road game. But to have a Highmark game overseas would just suck beyond repair.

8 hours ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

@GunnerBill@BritBill

My folks have recently moved into a flat just down the road from the Spuds' stadium and my eldest is a Vikings fan (well, he is Swedish after all) so I am eyeing the Vikings-Saints game on October 2 as a multiple birds with one stone sort of thing. If you are there, would be great to catch up for a beer or two. 

Sounds good to me. You may have to lose the soccer badge though 👍 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.