The 5 International Games to be announced on GMFB Wednesday morning

I go to one game in London each year with a Cowboys supporting mate. We are going to wait for the full schedule release before deciding on which game to go to. With a bit of luck Bills will play 1pm (ET) and Cowboys 4:25 (ET) on one of the days of a London game. This way we can watch a game live before heading into central London to watch our teams on TV. 

The Giants v Packers game does look the most enticing at this time though. I'm yet to see either team play and I'd be quite happy to lend Daboll some support that day. I suspect this will be the hardest game to get tickets for. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I go to one game in London each year with a Cowboys supporting mate. We are going to wait for the full schedule release before deciding on which game to go to. With a bit of luck Bills will play 1pm (ET) and Cowboys 4:25 (ET) on one of the days of a London game. This way we can watch a game live before heading into central London to watch our teams on TV. 

The Giants v Packers game does look the most enticing at this time though. I'm yet to see either team play and I'd be quite happy to lend Daboll some support that day. I suspect this will be the hardest game to get tickets for. 

My plan is the same. I have not been in to the enemy's lair yet but I do fancy seeing an NFL game there and it is less than 3 miles from my house. I could get home for a Bills game later in the day easy enough. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My plan is the same. I have been in to the enemy's lair yet but I do fancy seeing an NFL game there and it is less than 3 miles from my house. I could get home for a Bills game later in the day easy enough. 

We've been twice and it is an excellent venue. You won't like it though 😆

We're not planning on taking the kids this year so you're more than welcome to join us for a pint at some point (I'm not saying I wouldn't trust you around children just that we'll have more scope to have a few beers this year).

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

We're not planning on taking the kids this year so you're more than welcome to join us for a pint at some point (I'm not saying I wouldn't trust you around children just that we'll have more scope to have a few beers this year).

none taken. I hate kids 😂

but if we end up at the same game, sure. 

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Having a pint with @GunnerBill and talking football must be a lot like giving @ExiledInIllinois an energy drink and asking him the best configuration for barges in a canal. 

Have fun over there!!

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This list of games does give us a little bit of information on the Bills schedule.  This means the Bills will not be playing the Vikings (home game) either October 2nd or 9th.  It also means the Bills will not be playing the Packers (home game) either October 9th or 16th. Each second week mentioned has to do with a overseas team's scheduled Bye week coming after a game in England (or Germany too)

Edited by richNjoisy
  • Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, richNjoisy said:

This list of games does give us a little bit of information on the Bills schedule.  This means the Bills will not be playing the Vikings (home game) either October 2nd or 9th.  It also means the Bills will not be playing the Packers (home game) either October 9th or 16th. Each second week mentioned has to do with a overseas team's scheduled Bye week coming after a game in England (or Germany too)

Miami played Jax in London last Oct 17, then played Atlanta Oct 24. The Bye week being scheduled after playing in Europe isn't always the case. Dolphins bye week was week 14.

42 minutes ago, richNjoisy said:

Just now, buffaloaggie said:

Miami played Jax in London last Oct 17, then played Atlanta Oct 24. The Bye week being scheduled after playing in Europe isn't always the case. Dolphins bye week was week 14.

I think we need @corta765 in this thread, STAT, to explain the possible schedule permutations and ramifications of these game announcements.

Yes, that's true buffaloaggie but according to Peter King ( I can provide the link if you want) the Dolphins requested this specifically.

Since they are a pretty stupid team management wise I doubt any other team......okay maybe the Jets.....or the Browns..... would request this.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, richNjoisy said:

Yes, that's true buffaloaggie but according to Peter King ( I can provide the link if you want) the Dolphins requested this specifically.

Since they are a pretty stupid team management wise I doubt any other team......okay maybe the Jets.....or the Browns..... would request this.

Figured it might be a one-off. Makes sense that the NFL would give teams byes after long trips. 

WTF does Germany need an NFL game? Where does it end?

This was clearly the plan with adding a 17th game to the schedule. I am 100% sure that within a few years, every team will be playing their extra non-conference game somewhere outside the US. And soon the Super Bowl will be somewhere abroad as well. I hate the whole international idea.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CSBill said:

I am happy we are not part of this. I would prefer 1:00 game every Sunday. 

Sunday at 1:00 is my favorite start time for Bills games also. Have to figure at least 4 with a chance to be flexed into a 5th primetime games this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Sunday at 1:00 is my favorite start time for Bills games also. Have to figure at least 4 with a chance to be flexed into a 5th primetime games this year.

We’re just old. Prime time games mean lost sleep for me 🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 947 said:

WTF does Germany need an NFL game? Where does it end?

This was clearly the plan with adding a 17th game to the schedule. I am 100% sure that within a few years, every team will be playing their extra non-conference game somewhere outside the US. And soon the Super Bowl will be somewhere abroad as well. I hate the whole international idea.

American Football is very popular in Germany.

They have their own football league. Remember how many teams were based in Germany when NFL Europe existed?

The NFL will get plenty of revenue from that country.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.