Nate Herbig released

gonzo1105

This is a guy that I hope Beane goes after. Right up the Bills alley too. Need a Guard who can compete for a starting job or replace Saffold in a year. Only 23 years old. 

Think he got caught up in the Eagles interior o-line numbers game after the draft. I would actually offer him a 3 year deal and let him compete. He can also play Center

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

How big is she?

(You know Herbig) - I will show my self out.

I have no issue going after these types of signings - young with experience - not sure he is good enough to make the team and had a terrible RAS score, but probably intelligent with a Stanford education.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Boy tough crowd today. 23 year old guard with 17 starts on a good offensive line in Philly. If he was 30 I would have not even posted but guys his age with starts don’t come on the market often. I tried to find a place in a current thread and couldn’t really find one 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Boy tough crowd today. 23 year old guard with 17 starts on a good offensive line in Philly. If he was 30 I would have not even posted but guys his age with starts don’t come on the market often. I tried to find a place in a current thread and couldn’t really find one 

I don't think he is a scheme fit, but may work on a gap team. He seems like a good dude and still young, but the Bills seem to be moving way from this type of player. As a cheap backup to compete at center and guard? Maybe. 

59 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

What is the obsession with adding guards to this team?  They have nine going into camp.   Maybe they add another guy here or there, but highly doubt they are looking to add another swing guard or starter right now.

Ever watch our current back OGs play football?  That’s the obsession.  Our backup IOL are bad and:  Saffold has shoulder issues and is old.  Morse has concussion issues.  bates has never started more than 4 games in an nfl season.  Why would we NOT be obsessed with adding one competent IOL.  Herbig is better than our current depth.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I would bring in every FA IOL I could if they represent a possible upgrade to someone already on our roster.

Just because we signed some FA's doesn't mean we stop kicking tires. If Beane, McD, and Kroger say he is a possible upgrade then I suspect they'll sign sed player. If they don't sign him then he wasn't an upgrade in their minds

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, cage said:

You should probably update the title to this thread adding an '!' after the word "released".  Your enthusiasm warrants it!

I don’t know, I think the thread title should just be “Nate Herbig”…imagine the intrigue…the eye traffic that would generate would be amazing…

On 5/3/2022 at 10:21 AM, NewEra said:

Ever watch our current back OGs play football?  That’s the obsession.  Our backup IOL are bad and:  Saffold has shoulder issues and is old.  Morse has concussion issues.  bates has never started more than 4 games in an nfl season.  Why would we NOT be obsessed with adding one competent IOL.  Herbig is better than our current depth.

Most of your points here are hyperbolic.    Saffold may be old, I get that, but he has been mainly healthy for the better part of the last 6 seasons.  Morse's "concussion issues" have forced him to miss one game due to injury since he signed here.   Bates, may not have started more than 4 games in an NFL season, but that didnt stop the Bills from paying him starting guard money. Beyond that he helped solidify a Oline that played pretty good football down the back stretch of last season, and into the playoffs.  Everyone you mentioned above was just signed or extended by the Bills.

The Bills currently have 5 guys on the roster who will be competing for the swing position, each of them outside of Jacob Capra has started multiple games in the league and multiple positions along the offensive line whether it be C/G, or G/T, all of them have position flexibility.   Herbig is a guard with no position flexibility.  

Its fine if you think the guys they have competing stink, I dont disagree in some situations.  If I never had to see Cody Ford play another game for the Bills I will be happy, but Guard is not the Roster Hole that people have made it out to be leading up to and post draft.    But if I am going to spend money on a guard at this point, when the Bills already have 9 on the roster, I am bringing back Daryl Williams on a 1 year deal.  That said, thats why I dont understand the obsession with bringing in another guard.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.