Thank you, 13 seconds

Success

On 5/2/2022 at 7:48 PM, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Doesnt right the wrong that was done in that (<) 13 seconds. we woulda won that SB hands down.  Problem was coaching.

But given McD's history since he's been here you can bet he has learned from it & it won't happen again plus i think that could be the reason why Heath is gone because he got a HUGE ass chewing & didn't like it but that's just my theory .

Plus even one forgets McD in the grand scheme of things is still a young HC and is still learning what to do when & how but in true Bills form there are a ton of so called fans that want him gone only to go back to the doldrums of the past instead of following the example of the Steelers & keep stability in place .

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

I get and appreciate the sentiment, the potential silver lining.  But as you're seeing already from some of the replies, for some board members it's too soon.

Time heals all wounds, but some wounds require more time. 😉

Yeah - you got that right!  I wasn't anticipating the level of negative reactions, but in hindsight, completely get it.

This thread really represents how I rationalize things in general - kind of a lemons/lemonade philosophy.  But I also think that it's true w/ the KC game & how aggressive we've been since.

The way I look at heartbreaking losses, like '13 seconds,' is that, in the moment, it is hugely disappointing, no doubt.  I didn't want to watch any more of the playoffs, but did watch the Superbowl.  However, eventually you have to be like, ok, it's in the past, and we can either dwell on it, or we can react and make changes so that we are better for it.  Let it fuel us.  

And that is what I think it is doing and is going to continue to do for the Bills.  Would they have signed Von Miller if '13 seconds' didn't happen?  Who knows?  But I feel that what happened in KC is going to fuel the team and make them hungrier this year.  And if that brings a SB win, I'm certainly going to take it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If we had won that game and if we had gone on to win the SB, I'm not so sure what it changes in how the off-season is managed. I don't believe Beane is the type that will ever rest on the success we've had. We win one, he and McDermott will still analyze where we could be better and attack it. Of course we're picking lower in the draft (we'd all be happy with that of course) and perhaps Von Miller doesn't sign here as it seems part of his motivation is to be the first player to win a SB with three different teams. Beane would have seen that we barely got by KC and couldn't stop them at all and would have addressed where they needed improvement.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.