BREAKING: SCOTUS to overturn Roe?

39 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Once again…they did not answer this way. Why not?

Why pick this old issue up again anyway with less than 30% support nationally? Nothing more important?

I have no idea what you're getting at on this anymore. I've done.

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

On a side note, I would guess that well over 80% of people that create a baby are drinking, if not drunk. 

Am I wrong? 

Yes.....you are wrong.

4 hours ago, TH3 said:

lets kick back same sex marriage, interracial marriage, racial issues, environmental legilsation, health and safety, edcational standards back to the states too!

Trying to be ironic? 😂 

I absolutely am for localization of educational standards. Federal education standards are terrible!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Trying to be ironic? 😂 

I absolutely am for localization of educational standards. Federal education standards are terrible!

You guys want election laws being totally local, too, right? 

_____

What nonsense. Alito is a joke of a justice 

In the 98-page long document, lies a footnote where Alito ventures to recognize some early proponents of abortion rights favored eugenics.

“Some such supporters have been motivated by a desire to suppress the size of the African American population,” Politico reported. “It is beyond dispute that Roe has had that demographic effect. A highly disproportionate percentage of aborted fetuses are black.”

This is so stupid. So a poor black women that cannot afford a child, makes an independent decision to terminate her pregnancy is somehow advancing a racist agenda? That's so stupid 

They lied. Just totally lied. What a snow job. I thought we have a republic. What of republican virtue? Just nothing 

GOP Sen. Susan Collins said on Tuesday that a Supreme Court draft opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade published by Politico was "completely inconsistent" with what Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh "said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office."

"If this leaked draft opinion is the final decision and this reporting is accurate, it would be completely inconsistent with what Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office," Collins said in a statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/03/politics/susan-collins-reaction-kavanaugh-gorsuch/index.html

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have no idea what you're getting at on this anymore. I've done.

Yes.....you are wrong.

What I’m getting at is the growing politicization of the supreme court.

This is hardly an issue that has enough support to make it a priority, yet it is being made a priority. The recent appointees of the former president did not give respectful noncommittal answers befitting judges during their confirmation hearings. They claimed Roe was settled law, but now are flipping on those statements. I don’t find it coincidental considering that the man who nominated them was very vocal about Roe being overturned. 

Now you’ll have more on the left pushing to pack courts themselves and we’ll continue to get further and further from approaching issues from an honest footing. Sad.

Edited by Rockpile233
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

What I’m getting at is the growing politicization of the supreme court.

This is hardly an issue that has enough support to make it a priority, yet it is being made a priority. The recent appointees of the former president did not give respectful noncommittal answers befitting judges during their confirmation hearings. They claimed Roe was settled law, but now are flipping on those statements. I don’t find it coincidental considering that the man who nominated them was very vocal about Roe being overturned. 

Now you’ll have more on the left pushing to pack courts themselves and we’ll continue to get further and further from approaching issues from an honest footing. Sad.

With all due respect…You don’t know whether any of that is true. There’s been no ruling on anything.That’s why a leak like this is so incredibly damaging. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

With all due respect…You don’t know whether any of that is true. There’s been no ruling on anything.That’s why a leak like this is so incredibly damaging. 

Yes of course, but Roberts confirmed the authenticity so it would certainly be the betting favorite at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

Yes of course, but Roberts confirmed the authenticity so it would certainly be the betting favorite at the moment. 

Ugh…but you do not know how deliberations have gone, or are still going. But to be clear…you’re concerned that a Justice didn’t want to be totally forthcoming about their private opinion on how they’re leaning on a clearly divisive societal issue, but have no problem with the latest one who doesn’t want to tell you what a woman is…when she OBVIOUSLY knows? Is that right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh…but you do not know how deliberations have gone, or are still going. But to be clear…you’re concerned that a Justice didn’t want to be totally forthcoming about their private opinion on how they’re leaning on a clearly divisive societal issue, but have no problem with the latest one who doesn’t want to tell you what a woman is…when she OBVIOUSLY knows? Is that right?

I have a problem with that too. All symptoms of a larger problem. If this ultimately is the decision will just deepen the divide.

5 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I have a problem with that too. All symptoms of a larger problem. If this ultimately is the decision will just deepen the divide.

From your point of you, no doubt. But remember your point of view is not shared by a whole lot of people.

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

But she didn't lie about it.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You guys want election laws being totally local, too, right? 

I’m not sure who you guys are. Assuming you mean constitutionally literate individuals who understand the deliberate decentralization of power established to impede monarchical rule?  

Guilty as charged. I sure don’t want the federal government in control of all the nations election laws.

And if you don’t want guys like trump to have to power to rig things so they can win elections they didnt, you should feel the same. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

They lied. Just totally lied. What a snow job. I thought we have a republic. What of republican virtue? Just nothing 

GOP Sen. Susan Collins said on Tuesday that a Supreme Court draft opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade published by Politico was "completely inconsistent" with what Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh "said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office."

"If this leaked draft opinion is the final decision and this reporting is accurate, it would be completely inconsistent with what Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office," Collins said in a statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/03/politics/susan-collins-reaction-kavanaugh-gorsuch/index.html

Hahahaha......do this for the libs.   Every case.  

We have *checks notes* a "woman" just appointed to SCOTUS that couldn't tell you what a woman is.

Keep reaching.  

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Great news.  

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m not sure who you guys are. Assuming you mean constitutionally literate individuals who understand the deliberate decentralization of power established to impede monarchical rule?  

Guilty as charged. I sure don’t want the federal government in control of all the nations election laws.

And if you don’t want guys like trump to have to power to rig things so they can win elections they didnt, you should feel the same. 

You are constitutionally literate enough to know that blacks were disenfranchised when the feds looked the other way on voting rights, right? 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Hahahaha......do this for the libs.   Every case.  

We have *checks notes* a "woman" just appointed to SCOTUS that couldn't tell you what a woman is.

Keep reaching.  

Great news.  

Yup, they lied. Good moral

christian ha ha ha!! 

Thou shall not bear false witness ha ha ha 

You guys are good and using that phony religious sentiment. 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You guys are good and using that phony religious sentiment. 

Nah.  I could go Biblical but...not necessary.  Despite most of Western Civilization's laws being grounded in the principles are spare you the details of what once made us the freest people in history that became man's last best hope.

It's a life.  It's that simple.  

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Your b.s. about privacy sunk long ago; 15 days and masks for life have made you a parody.