2021-2022 NHL Playoffs

T&C

Just now, Greg S said:

They caught him.

(16) Evan Axelbank Fox13 on Twitter: "CONFIRMING Perp James Anastasio, 29 of Staten Island, was ARRESTED and charged with 2 counts of assault, 2 counts of disorderly conduct, and 2 counts of harassment The victim refused medical attention at the scene, so hopefully that means he is OK!!!" / Twitter

Good, now he will never be allowed to a game again and rightfully so.

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Good, now he will never be allowed to a game again and rightfully so.

Yep, and there are always going to thousands of idiots just like him at every game.  Is this type of behavior/incident new to you?  Happens all the time.  Seems like you’re all gassed up about this.

28 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire (1942)

The first introduction of "fighting words" which is what was going on in the video.

Only you would be so ignorant. How angry are you? I guess very angry.  Like I said trying to make yourself seem right when you watched a 2min video wouldn't go well for you.

Lol I’m angry?  I said the words verbal and physical have different meanings and you are stomping your feet telling me I’m wrong.  And I’m angry?  Dude.

• Dislike 1

If one doesn't like the abuse be directed your way, then you get away.  If one can't,  don't sucker punch them... That's when a homicide happens. 

Nobody deserves to die over just words.  

At the very worst, square up on the abuser and counter with more words... THEN if it turns into "fighting words"... At least both are prepared and chance of it turning into a homicide have been sort of lessoned.

Verbal abuse never deserves a sucker punch. 

When did the younger generation stop being taught: "Sticks and stones break your bones,  but names will never hurt them."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If one doesn't like the abuse be directed your way, then you get away.  If one can't,  don't sucker punch them... That's when a homicide happens. 

Nobody deserves to die over just words.  

At the very worst, square up on the abuser and counter with more words... THEN if it turns into "fighting words"... At least both are prepared and chance of it turning into a homicide have been sort of lessoned.

Verbal abuse never deserves a sucker punch. 

When did the younger generation stopped being taught: "Sticks and stones break your bones,  but names will never hurt them."

You cannot just say that when alcohol is involved. Alcohol takes away anything you said. 

Both men should be lifetime banned from attending games.

Edited by TBBills

19 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They caught him.

(16) Evan Axelbank Fox13 on Twitter: "CONFIRMING Perp James Anastasio, 29 of Staten Island, was ARRESTED and charged with 2 counts of assault, 2 counts of disorderly conduct, and 2 counts of harassment The victim refused medical attention at the scene, so hopefully that means he is OK!!!" / Twitter

Wait a minute.  They didn’t charge the Lightning guy with the same thing?  I just learned on this very board that verbal and physical assault are the same thing.  Don’t the cops and DA’s in NYC know that?  And how do they call him a victim?  If I understand the law correctly these dudes I’ll be sharing a cell.

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You cannot just say that when alcohol is involved. Alcohol takes away anything you said. 

Both men should be lifetime banned from attending games.

Get bombed and rules no longer apply?  Does that apply when driving cars too?

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

We live 3 hours from Boston, so while it’s much more expensive, it’s also much more convenient to attend Bills and Sabres games in Foxboro/Boston.  

I always remind my wife and children to be “good visiting fans.”  Cheer, but don’t be obnoxious.  Never yell anything at the opposing fans.  If people “chirp” at us for being fans of the opposing team, just ignore them.  Never verbally retaliate.  It’s dumb and not worth it.  Again, very basic things you can do to prevent some young, drunken idiot from Staten Island from punching your teeth out.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wow.  I’ll say this.  It’s never okay to physically assault anyone.  Well, there are certain rare exceptions that involve self defense.  But I also don’t have much sympathy for the Bolts fan talking ***** incessantly after a win at MSG.  Don’t do that.  You’re just asking to get knocked out by one of those idiots.  As the kids say…talk *****, get hit 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t think anyone on here has shown true sympathy for the Lightning fan…..he was not behaving well……but that doesn’t provide an excuse for the Rangers guy.  And despite protestations of some….one….it doesn’t make the exchange equal.

A few years back some SF Giants fans stabbed a Dodgers fan to death.  I’m guessing everyone was drunk.  If they were should that even everything out?

I also remember one where a guy wearing a Dolphins shirt got knocked down in an Oakland bathroom and a bunch of Raider fans peed on him.  I’m not sure if anyone was drunk or if the peeing was just on principal but I hope they threw the book at the guy wearing that shirt in Oakland and took away all his laundry detergent.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

We live 3 hours from Boston, so while it’s much more expensive, it’s also much more convenient to attend Bills and Sabres games in Foxboro/Boston.  

I always remind my wife and children to be “good visiting fans.”  Cheer, but don’t be obnoxious.  Never yell anything at the opposing fans.  If people “chirp” at us for being fans of the opposing team, just ignore them.  Never verbally retaliate.  It’s dumb and not worth it.  Again, very basic things you can do to prevent some young, drunken idiot from Staten Island from punching your teeth out.

Smart.  Except for the part where you attend games surrounded by chowderhead cretins.  

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t think anyone on here has shown true sympathy for the Lightning fan…..he was asking for it…….but that doesn’t provide an excuse for the Rangers guy.  And despite protestations of some….one….it doesn’t make the exchange equal.

A few years back some SF Giants fans stabbed a Dodgers fan to death.  I’m guessing everyone was drunk.  If they were should that even everything out?

Obviously verbal and physical assault are not the same thing.  Also, being drunk is not an excuse to do anything illegal.  Everyone knows that.

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Get bombed and rules no longer apply?  Does that apply when driving cars too?

Hey if that is what you think keep thinking it. Laws always apply... maybe not in your weird way of thinking. You were already proven wrong so sit down.

Edited by TBBills

Trash talking and physical assault are not the same.

And Trash talking does not mean you are trying to get someone to be physical. It just means you are trash talking after a win. If you see trash talk as a reason to hit someone then you have issues and need to grow up or get counseling for your anger.

Adults are able to realize that words are just words and not a reason to assault someone. Especially when we are talking about a stupid sporting event. It’s supposed to be fun. Nothing anyone can say about the Bills or Sabres losing a game would ever make me want to assault them.

nothing that lightning fan said made him deserve to be sucker punched.

(cue TBBills reacting to this post with an  or 👎😂)

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Obviously verbal and physical assault are not the same thing.  Also, being drunk is not an excuse to do anything illegal.  Everyone knows that.

Don’t say that.  You’ll get a thumbs down.

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Hey if that is what you think keep thinking it. Laws always apply... maybe not in your weird way of thinking.

Ok I have a weird way of thinking.  I haven’t yet realized that verbal and physical are synonyms.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

And Trash talking does not mean you are trying to get someone to be physical. It just means you are trash talking after a win. If you see trash talk as a reason to hit someone then you have issues and need to grow up or get counseling for your anger.

Adults are able to realize that words are just words and not a reason to assault someone. Especially when we are talking about a stupid sporting event. It’s supposed to be fun. Nothing anyone can say about the Bills or Sabres losing a game would ever make me want to assault them.

(cue TBBills reacting to this post with an 😂

He wasn't trash talking he was provoking the guy to hit him with his arms wide open telling him to do something. Why do you even think the video camera was turned on b.c the guy kepted following the other guy provoking him.  Now you are just angry b.c you were wrong. 

Edited by TBBills

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Agreed with the following exceptions:

Boston accent

Dolphins shirt

Use of the words “wide right”

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Agreed with the following exceptions:

Boston accent

Dolphins shirt

Use of the words “wide right”

You forgot to mix in any kind of alky-hall.  That's always an "out." 

"Officer, I was under the influence... So was my advisory... We're both equally at fault." 😏 

21 minutes ago, TBBills said:

He wasn't trash talking he was provoking the guy to hit him with his arms wide open telling him to do something. Why do you even think the video camera was turned on b.c the guy kepted following the other guy provoking him.  Now you are just angry b.c you were wrong. 

You are making an awful lot of assumptions from the few seconds of video we see before the guy gets sucker punched. How do you know he was doing any of that?

I don’t hear that Tampa fan say anything. He had his arms out and smiled. That’s all we see in the video. It didn’t even look like he was looking at the guy who hit him. It looked like he was looking past him at someone else ahead.

But apparently you think that is justification enough to sucker punch him, and think I am wrong for saying it isn’t. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

You are making an awful lot of assumptions from the few seconds of video we see before the guy gets sucker punched. How do you know he was doing any of that?

I don’t hear that Tampa fan say anything. He had his arms out and smiled. That’s all we see in the video. It didn’t even look like he was looking at the guy who hit him. It looked like he was looking past him at someone else ahead.

But apparently you think that is justification enough to sucker punch him, and think I am wrong for saying it isn’t. 🤷‍♂️

He doesn’t just think you’re wrong. He thinks you’re wrong, angry, stupid and crazy.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

lol I was coming to post that sucker punches are thrown by hothead punks. Was  victim dude smaat to be talking chit after a game like that NO.....I think one is worse than the other in as much as hothead is now arrested. I hope the loudmouth learned a lesson too though . Kep yer trap shut and celebrate away from likely rabble and hot tempers....DUH.......unless you just want that moment of prickesness because it is who YOU are.  Live and Learn pal. Make better choices! Im just saying Ive been in some of those same situations after a huge win you keep your head down and keep it moving out away from their fans. Its just smarter.

Being knocked out cold  no es bueno I cant imagine that guy doesnt wish he kept his mouth shut at this point. And the guy who considered it a good idea to react violently will pay a price now too **limp clap***

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.