2021-2022 NHL Playoffs

T&C

Sucks that the game ended in controversy.

Even the official score sheet showed 6 skaters on the ice for Colorado.

sucks for Colorado because now if they win the cup there will be an asterisk next to it (not that they’ll care) even though they’ve been the better team.

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Sucks that the game ended in controversy.

Even the official score sheet showed 6 skaters on the ice for Colorado.

sucks for Colorado because now if they win the cup there will be an asterisk next to it (not that they’ll care) even though they’ve been the better team.

Why though? The players aren't officials, they don't call penalties. Maybe it made up for the 1st goal of the game lol. That one was bizarre... you can whack a goalie in the face with your stick, knock his mask off, and then score.

8 minutes ago, T&C said:

Why though? The players aren't officials, they don't call penalties. Maybe it made up for the 1st goal of the game lol. That one was bizarre... you can whack a goalie in the face with your stick, knock his mask off, and then score.

Im not saying I would consider there to be an asterisk next to the cup win. But you know how these things work. I’m already seeing a bunch of articles about the controversial goal and lots of fans saying the win wasn’t legitimate.

14 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Im not saying I would consider there to be an asterisk next to the cup win. But you know how these things work. I’m already seeing a bunch of articles about the controversial goal and lots of fans saying the win wasn’t legitimate.

Yeah, I saw what you posted above and some other stuff. I guess if they're going to be mad at anyone it should be the officials. And, like you said, the Av's players or fans don't give a crap. I'm sure I'll hear plenty about it on the local Tampa sports radio channel (620am) in a bit when I go out to do a couple of errands.

We've been through enough bad/questionable calls... no goal, forward lateral, etc. to know how it feels. If it wasn't Tampa I'd have a little empathy but... so sorry lightning fans lol.

• Like (+1) 1

So I headed out to do a couple of things and put on the Tampa sports radio right at noon when the local programming starts. Listened for maybe 35 minutes and they were talking about the game last night but Never mentioned too many men on the ice... so idk. 

They then went on about how it looks grim for the lightning and that "we" should all be proud of the team no matter what... they outright said that the players are slow compared to the Av's and that they are out manned. 

One other thing, I wonder if there was some confusion with the refs after the goal as the puck went awol for a few seconds and that's how they didn't catch the extra man on the ice. Or, it was determined that he was heading straight for the bench so it was allowed. I'm going to try and watch the end of the game again... it's hot as ***** here right now and I don't feel like doing anything outside in the middle of the day when it's like this so I've got free time.

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ironically Tampa Bay has benefitted from scoring goals with too many men on the ice in the two previous Stanley Cup finals. 

https://eyesonisles.com/posts/islanders-fans-have-no-pity-on-tampa-game-4-loss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T&C said:

So I headed out to do a couple of things and put on the Tampa sports radio right at noon when the local programming starts. Listened for maybe 35 minutes and they were talking about the game last night but Never mentioned too many men on the ice... so idk. 

They then went on about how it looks grim for the lightning and that "we" should all be proud of the team no matter what... they outright said that the players are slow compared to the Av's and that they are out manned. 

One other thing, I wonder if there was some confusion with the refs after the goal as the puck went awol for a few seconds and that's how they didn't catch the extra man on the ice. Or, it was determined that he was heading straight for the bench so it was allowed. I'm going to try and watch the end of the game again... it's hot as ***** here right now and I don't feel like doing anything outside in the middle of the day when it's like this so I've got free time.

too many men is a judgement call so either they didn’t see it or they saw it and didn’t think it was too many men on the ice. 

It’s hard to see in that clip but when I was watching the game live it looked to me like MacKinnon was within 5ft of the bench when Kadri took possession of the puck, which would mean it wasn’t too many men on the ice (afaik the rule is within 5ft of the bench).

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Kadri didn’t score there, Colorado would have ended it soon.  TB was totally defeated and running on fumes.   Come to think of it, I don’t think TB possessed the puck in their offensive zone in OT 🤷🏾‍♂️

Agreed except TB would have gone on the power play.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Also, it's not at all uncommon for the team that's getting dominated to pop an unexpected goal in OT. Tbh that's what I expected last night.

Any hockey game can always see a crazy goal pop in at any moment, but Colorado was totally dominating in that OT.  They still had plenty of energy and TB was burned out almost completely.

Colorado is the better team and flat out the best team in hockey right now.

I think they'll finish this thing off next game.

I keep watching these 2 teams and thinking "Crap, this is the standard the Sabres need to build up to."

We have an enormously long way to go.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Any hockey game can always see a crazy goal pop in at any moment, but Colorado was totally dominating in that OT.  They still had plenty of energy and TB was burned out almost completely.

Colorado is the better team and flat out the best team in hockey right now.

I think they'll finish this thing off next game.

I keep watching these 2 teams and thinking "Crap, this is the standard the Sabres need to build up to."

We have an enormously long way to go.

Have thought the exact same thing but at least we've turned the corner. Eichel was supposed to be a key piece but man did they turn it around after he was jettisoned... watchable games, more of a united team. 

I was out and about this morning/afternoon and didn't see Any lightning gear anywhere when that crap is usually all over the place... the sports guys on the radio and local tv have basically called it a day for Tampa. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Who do we like tonight?  I got Avs to win in regulation (-130) and the Over 6 (-105).  Also have a sprinkle on Nate MacKinnon as first goal scorer (+800).

Man oh man is this game intense... go Av's, seal it with a goal... or two.

Edited by T&C

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Boom goes the Lightning... excellent finish!

The 'Ning Dynasty comes to an end!

Was it just me or did Tampa seem to always be complaining about something in this series? They might not have won the title, but they sure are champions at whining and complaining.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.