2021-2022 NHL Playoffs

T&C

On 6/13/2022 at 11:32 AM, Jauronimo said:

NYR is no Avalanche and they found a lot of time and space against Tampa.  NYR's speed gave Tampa all they could handle.  That doesn't bode well against an even faster and more talented Colorado offense.  I don't think anyone can slow down Colorado.  The Blues were red hot and Colorado steamrolled them.  

Avs in 6.

I don't think Tampa has a snowballs chance of taking a series from these guys.

I'll see your 6 and name that tune in 5.

Great game so far!  Tampa was having trouble dealing with Colorado’s speed in the 1st but looked better in the 2nd. Vasilevskiy also looked much better in the 2nd after not having a great opening period. Can’t wait to see the 3rd.

Colorado’s speed + skill is going to cause Tampa issues all series but Tampa has a big advantage in net and they just know how to win when the pressure is on.

and Vasilevskiy is so clutch! Palat is too. I wanted Buffalo to trade for palat years back when Tampa was trying to trade him and Tyler Johnson to clear cap space.

I don’t know if they’ll be able to handle Colorado’s speed though. It should be a very exciting series. I am expecting it to go to game 7.

Makar is just so fun to watch. That Makar/Toews pairing is fantastic. What a steal of a trade Toews was for a couple 2nds.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Great game so far!  Tampa was having trouble dealing with Colorado’s speed in the 1st but looked better in the 2nd. Vasilevskiy also looked much better in the 2nd after not having a great opening period. Can’t wait to see the 3rd.

Colorado’s speed + skill is going to cause Tampa issues all series but Tampa has a big advantage in net and they just know how to win when the pressure is on.

and Vasilevskiy is so clutch! Palat is too. I wanted Buffalo to trade for palat years back when Tampa was trying to trade him and Tyler Johnson to clear cap space.

I don’t know if they’ll be able to handle Colorado’s speed though. It should be a very exciting series. I am expecting it to go to game 7.

Makar is just so fun to watch. That Makar/Toews pairing is fantastic. What a steal of a trade Toews was for a couple 2nds.

Palat is an UFA after this season and Tampa has cap trouble and Buffalo has a lot of money to throw at him.

He’d be a good guy to go after for sure.

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Makar is just so fun to watch. That Makar/Toews pairing is fantastic. 

He's become one of the best players the world, but he may have just played his worst game of the postseason. 🤷‍♂️

That was certainly the sloppiest I've seen Colorado look so far; I guess a smart veteran team can do that to you.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

The Avs are so fast and relentless. I can't see TB winning 4 of 5 now. Maybe they get a game at home. I originally thought TB would win but now I would say Avs in 5. 

Local article from this morning:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/sports/2022/06/19/are-the-running-out-of-gas-vs-fresher-avalanche-

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Whatever helps them sleep at night.  Fully rested, Tampa does not have the skaters to keep up with the Avs.  Tampa's only hope is to slow down the game and win the puck possession game.  Its going to have to be system rather than matchups.  I don't know how they do it.  Stack the blue line?

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Whatever helps them sleep at night.  Fully rested, Tampa does not have the skaters to keep up with the Avs.  Tampa's only hope is to slow down the game and win the puck possession game.  Its going to have to be system rather than matchups.  I don't know how they do it.  Stack the blue line?

The only way Tampa has any hope is to get up a couple of goals early, but, like you said... it's like they are skating in slow motion. Experience is the only other thing I can think of that they have going for them besides the better goalie but when the puck is in your end what seems like 2/3 of the games so far any goalie is going to give up goals. The local news guys are trying with the rah rah stuff but it's easy to see that they don't have much confidence with their reports.

33 minutes ago, T&C said:

Well, that didn't go well. 

We knew Tampa was going to come out motivated on home ice after losing by a touchdown and getting shutout but I don't think anyone expected it to go quite like that.  If Tampa evens it up, the collars get a little bit tighter on the Colorado bench.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

Not surprised Tampa won. I figured they would get one at home. I am surprised it was a blowout. This makes game 4 interesting.

Wonder how differently the game would have went if the 1st goal, disallowed for offside's by a half an inch which was the correct call, had counted. Tampa looks to be without a couple of crucial players tomorrow night... mainly Kucherov. Really hope the Av's win tomorrow night and head back to the high altitude at home for the clincher.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.