2021-2022 NHL Playoffs

T&C

14 hours ago, snafu said:

Edmonton would be rolling to a cup if they had a decent goaltender.

The Rangers are in the upper limits of where I hoped the Sabres would be in two years, but Levi went back to school.

I live in NJ so I don't get to see the Sabres to often but from when I did see them play they looked like they were starting to turn it around. They have some nice young players to build around. Hopefully they can compete for a playoff spot next season. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

I live in NJ so I don't get to see the Sabres to often but from when I did see them play they looked like they were starting to turn it around. They have some nice young players to build around. Hopefully they can compete for a playoff spot next season. 

I think next year will FINALLY be the first year in a very long time when trying to make the playoffs is a theme of the season...but I expect us to fall short.  But not by much.  I think we'll keep it interesting most of the year.  

It's the year after next (2023/2024) when I think we'll solidly be in the playoffs--finally.

I hope I'm wrong....I have almost forgotten what a Sabres playoff game looks like.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think next year will FINALLY be the first year in a very long time when trying to make the playoffs is a theme of the season...but I expect us to fall short.  But not by much.  I think we'll keep it interesting most of the year.  

It's the year after next (2023/2024) when I think we'll solidly be in the playoffs--finally.

I hope I'm wrong....I have almost forgotten what a Sabres playoff game looks like.

This past season was a weird one in the EC. There really wasn't a playoff race this year as the eight teams that made it had a comfortable lead throughout the season. It will be a challenge but if the Sabres continue to improve then maybe they can be in the mix for a WC. Just looking at the Sabres division you have the Lightning, Leafs, and B's as three tough teams to keep up with. In the other division you have the Canes and Rangers as tough teams. The Pens and Caps are competitive but their star players are starting to get older. While the Isles had a bad year after back to back ECF they could get back into the playoff race next season. 

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

The guy shouldn't have been talking *****. Drunk idiots, all of them...

I love the guy "He's dead, yep...he died."

just because a person talks trash after their team wins doesn’t give someone the right to sucker punch/assault them.

If you take sports that seriously that you feel the need to assault someone for simply bragging about their team’s win, you have a serious problem with anger.

I hope the guy in the red shirt was caught and has charges pressed against him.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

just because a person talks trash after their team wins doesn’t give someone the right to sucker punch/assault them.

If you take sports that seriously that you feel the need to assault someone for simply bragging about their team’s win, you have a serious problem with anger.

That has nothing to do with it, bunch of drunk idiots being stupid. They all deserve what they get or what is coming to them.

Verbal assault  and physical assault is all the same bull#### when you are drunk b.c one is trying to get you to be physical  and the other is the result of the idiots doing the verbal abusing.

You obviously didn't understand what the guy who got punched was doing b.c you only see the aftermath.

Edited by TBBills

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I agree with 100% of this.  

For clarification would you consider someone who speaks in a chowderhead accent and frequently uses the words: goat, Tawm, brewski, twenty eight, three, and Bellichick a “person”?  Asking for a friend.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I agree with 100% of this.  

For clarification would you consider someone who speaks in a chowderhead accent and frequently uses the words: goat, Tawm, brewski, twenty eight, three, and Bellichick a “person”?

That legitimately made me laugh out loud. 😂

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That has nothing to do with it, bunch of drunk idiots being stupid. They all deserve what they get or what is coming to them.

Verbal assault  and physical assault is all the same bull#### when you are drunk b.c one is trying to get you to be physical  and the other is the result of the idiots doing the verbal abusing.

It’s not the same.  Verbal assault is verbal.  Physical assault is physical.  See the difference?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It’s not the same.  Verbal assault is verbal.  Physical assault is physical.  See the difference?  

They guy was screaming at the other guy the whole way down and was provoking him the whole time. They both deserve what they got or what the guy who pushed him is about to get. I

It is perfect justice all around.

Unless you are one of those who like to provoke fights and that is the reason you are sticking up for him.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

They guy was screaming at the other guy the whole way down and was provoking him the whole time. They both deserve what they got or what the guy who pushed him is about to get. I

It is perfect justice all around.

You called verbal and physical assault the same thing.  Are clouds and tires also the same thing?  Ice cream and turtles?  Baseballs and vacuum cleaners?

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

You called verbal and physical assault the same thing.  Are clouds and tires also the same thing?  Ice cream and turtles?  Baseballs and vacuum cleaners?

I said same bull####... don't get it mixed up. Like I said when you are verbally abusing someone to try and make them get physical it ends up being no different.  Don't be ignorant. 

Only you would think tires and clouds are the same b.c you lost this argument. 

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

I said same bull####... don't get it mixed up. Like I said when you are verbally abusing someone to try and make them get physical it ends up being no different.  Don't be ignorant. 

Dude both are bull#### but that doesn’t make them the same.  They’re different.  Jaywalking and murder are both against the law and you shouldn’t do either.  Does that make them the same thing?

• Dislike 1

50 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You obviously didn't understand what the guy who got punched was doing b.c you only see the aftermath.

Is there a longer video of the incident you watched? If so Can you post it?

I’d like to see for myself what you think justified that guy getting assaulted.

edit - so does that thumbs down mean you watched the same video we did?

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Dislike 1

Wow.  I’ll say this.  It’s never okay to physically assault anyone.  Well, there are certain rare exceptions that involve self defense.  But I also don’t have much sympathy for the Bolts fan talking ***** incessantly after a win at MSG.  Don’t do that.  You’re just asking to get knocked out by one of those idiots.  As the kids say…talk *****, get hit 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

They caught him.

(16) Evan Axelbank Fox13 on Twitter: "CONFIRMING Perp James Anastasio, 29 of Staten Island, was ARRESTED and charged with 2 counts of assault, 2 counts of disorderly conduct, and 2 counts of harassment The victim refused medical attention at the scene, so hopefully that means he is OK!!!" / Twitter

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.