2021-2022 NHL Playoffs

T&C

So glad the Canes came back. They played like poop for 40 minutes and still won. In the 3rd P when they found their game they had the Rags on their heels. Shesterkin can only save them for so long. Anyway 1 down and 3 to go until the Rags go home.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Crazy game in Calgary last night.  Lucic can't find a dance partner!  

Kassian needs to step up and answer the call in game 2.

The Oilers were really rolling.  Thought they were going to pull it out.  

12 hours ago, T&C said:

Horrible finish by the Panthers... 3.8 seconds left and they let their guard down. Doubt they'll be coming back in this series. 

Such a boneheaded play by Weegar to chase Kucherov behind the net when his defensive partner was already on him.  He left his position and then his check scored from the exact spot he vacated.

Florida is sleep walking through these playoffs.  Barkov has been invisible.  They just look like a team that doesn't have an extra gear when the games matter.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Such a boneheaded play by Weegar to chase Kucherov behind the net when his defensive partner was already on him.  He left his position and then his check scored from the exact spot he vacated.

Florida is sleep walking through these playoffs.  Barkov has been invisible.  They just look like a team that doesn't have an extra gear when the games matter.  

Sleepwalking is a good way to put it... maybe its the presidents cup curse. The move by Weegar last night probably cost them the series, they are going to get chewed up here in Tampa. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Draconator said:

Against Colorado and with Binnington's status uncertain? Not a chance. 

Binnington's injury just robbed the Blues of a very likely chance of pulling off a huge upset over the Avs.  They had been the better team in the series so far and were completely dominating the Avs in game 3 before he got hurt.  

19 hours ago, T&C said:

Still think the Blues will come back even after this ***** loss. Matinee game tomorrow should be good.

i think this changes things for the blues

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Panthers are drowning in their ineptness and the Rangers are dog paddling. 

The rags have been carried by Shestyorkin all season. They wouldn’t even be in the playoffs without him. They’re are a good example of what top end goaltending can do for a team. I thought they played a decent game today though.

Yeah, Panthers are toast. They might get swept.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

i think this changes things for the blues

The rags have been carried by Shestyorkin all season. They wouldn’t even be in the playoffs without him. They’re are a good example of what top end goaltending can do for a team. I thought they played a decent game today though.

Yeah, Panthers are toast. They might get swept.

Agree 100% that the Blues are kind of screwed now. I only pull for them at this time of the year because a buddy is from there. I'm more into the East until it comes down to the cup final series. I hope the Panther get swept... they had it all going until they hit Tampa. Rangers could surprise, who knows.  I'll be happy with anyone winning the cup except Tampa. 

Playoff hockey is a blast really... maybe we'll be in the conversation next season. Its one of my bridges during the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I know we still have a long way to go but a Lightning vs Avs Finals would be a fun series to watch. Unless an upset happens I think that will be your SC Finals.

I had Avs v.s. Canes in the Stanley Cup this year but it's hard to ignore what Edmonton is doing right now

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

I had Avs v.s. Canes in the Stanley Cup this year but it's hard to ignore what Edmonton is doing right now

McDavid is just a freak of nature. It seems like every shift of every game he is doing something amazing. Edmonton is another team that is fun to watch. The Battle of Alberta has been a very entertaining series as well.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

McDavid is just a freak of nature. It seems like every shift of every game he is doing something amazing. Edmonton is another team that is fun to watch. The Battle of Alberta has been a very entertaining series as well.

It’s amazing how McDavid has elevated his game during the playoffs this year. He’s pretty much willing the oilers through the playoffs. 

It kind of reminds me of watching him play junior hockey, where it was just super clear every time he was on the ice that he was on another level from everyone else. Some of the stuff he’s doing looks similar to what he used to do against those Junior players. It’s incredible.

Im still not over that draft lottery loss BTW. I don’t know if/when I will be. It still pisses me off that they changed the draft lottery odds staring with that draft. And now they’ve already changed them back. That initial lottery rule change was done directly targeting Buffalo and Arizona IMO.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

Don't ever win the presidents trophy!

Hehe... sure came true this year, and hard. Kind of wished Sam had a shot at a cup but the Panthers took a complete ***** in this series... even with 2 disallowed goals within 90 seconds.

Blues are showing some hope tonight.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.