2021-2022 NHL Playoffs

T&C

Living just outside of Tampa I want these mofo's to go down in the first round so... go Leafs.

Kind of think that the Panthers will win the cup but that is awhile away, I was really hoping Tampa had gotten paired up with them for the 1st series but it didn't happen... it was close though.

13 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I hope so too just because I love watching the Leafs get bounced out of the First Round every year

8th time might be the charm lol. If you heard the two words Champa Bay as much as I do you'd be rooting against the Bucs/Lightning too... sports radio here is basically unlistenable, its nauseating.

Never got the hate for the Leafs, I must have missed the memo. Anyone care to explain, I really don't know why.

Pulling for the Rangers and the Panthers tonight.

13 minutes ago, snafu said:

Rangers just had what I think was a good likely game winner called off.

The call was goalie interference on a great play by Kakko. 

I thought Kakko ran over the goalie but I'm surprised the goal was called off. 50/50 call in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, snafu said:

Rangers just had what I think was a good likely game winner called off.

The call was goalie interference on a great play by Kakko. 

Saw it... they were robbed, he was attempting to cut along the paint and was shoved into the goalie. Should have been a good goal. But, here we are heading into ot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I thought Kakko ran over the goalie but I'm surprised the goal was called off. 50/50 call in my opinion.

He was cutting to the top of the crease and the defenseman slammed into his back. He never took a straight line to the goalie.

Then his play while falling to the ice was a great effort.

Edited by snafu

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

He was cutting to the top of the crease and the defenseman slammed into his back. He never took a straight line to the goalie.

Then his play while falling to the ice was a great effort.

You don't have to take a straight line to the goalie to interfere.  His right leg went through the middle of the crease and dragged the goalie out of position before the the Dman crashed into his own goalie.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You don't have to take a straight line to the goalie to interfere.  His right leg went through the middle of the crease and dragged the goalie out of position before the the Dman crashed into his own goalie.

And his leg wouldn’t have been there if the D-man didn’t hit him from behind.

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

And his leg wouldn’t have been there if the D-man didn’t hit him from behind.

I and the NHL disagree with that statement.

EDIT: The last replay I watched it looks like the Dman rides Kakko lower in the crease.  Its tough because the D can't just let the guy cut in even though hes a half step behind and the attacker has a right to go to the net. I know I hate seeing goals scored due to someone taking the goalie out of the net and you dont want to incentivize players cutting too close to the crease.  Its never going to be a perfect or even good system.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And DeSmith has left the ice in the middle of the 2nd OT (looked like cramps) and the Pens #3 'tender Louis Domingue has stepped on for only his 4th NHL appearance since 2019 and made 14 saves in 10 minutes,  a couple of them spectacular. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

And DeSmith has left the ice in the middle of the 2nd OT (looked like cramps) and the Pens #3 'tender Louis Domingue has stepped on for only his 4th NHL appearance since 2019 and made 14 saves in 10 minutes,  a couple of them spectacular. :lol:

Can't remember the last time I saw one go this long but its probably in the best interest of either team to get it done with 8 minutes, these guys are gassed.

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

Disclaimer: I am a penguins fan.

that was an epic game. Those guys have to be spent. For the rangers to lose too, you wonder if it will leave a bad psychological mark for the rest of this series.

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Disclaimer: I am a penguins fan.

that was an epic game. Those guys have to be spent. For the rangers to lose too, you wonder if it will leave a bad psychological mark for the rest of this series.

I thought it was funny that Geno got the game-winner after having played one of the worst games I've ever seen him stumble through.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I thought it was funny that Geno got the game-winner after having played one of the worst games I've ever seen him stumble through.

Agree. I was fully expecting him to take a bad penalty at some point, causing them to lose. He has a knack for that, especially in games where he struggles. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.