Mario Addison to Texans

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

He must be getting big money to play there or surprised he wouldn't have signed with a contender for a lessor deal but shows where his priority is obviously at either way.

Can't fault him for padding his bank balance.  Let him earn what he can as well as adding to the years he gets credit for his nfl pension once he does retire.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Our last memory of Mario is of him beating Damian Harris to the edge and not letting him get the first down in the playoffs. Hell of an effort play.

That was one of my favorite plays from last year. Amazing hustle and heart! Mario is a stud.

17 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Heck yeah!! Playing that draft pick compensation game!!

Doesn't count. League rules changed.  After 4 it's not a comp pick and things are like June 1st usedtobe

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Removed duplicate text and quote
  • Agree 1

Moving on from 1 Bills Drive to ANY other franchise is going to be a letdown lets face it.

Yeah going to the Texans  isn't the greatest. But I'm glad he received a (Hopefully) fat contract for 2 years.  Good for him!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Facts are not appreciated around here....

Still hoping they bring back Hughes. I think he would still be better than Lawson or Basham at reserve DE.  

I wouldn’t mind it either but they aren’t getting rid of Basham yet.  He could very well be better than Lawson.  

But if you’re Hughes are you going to go back to Buffalo on a fraction of what you made before to “compete” for your old job? 

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Happy for him, he was very under rated and under appreciated in Buffalo.

Under-appreciated?  Maybe.  He seemingly was a great mentor to our young defensive ends.

underrated?  I don’t think so.  He was a serviceable defensive end, but I’m not sure if the Bills got the best return on his contract from on-field standpoint

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

He must be getting big money to play there or surprised he wouldn't have signed with a contender for a lessor deal but shows where his priority is obviously at either way.

Say what you will about the Texans,players love Lovie. Lol

Well, it’s official, we’re going to find out what we drafted the last two years. Hopefully we are in for a big improvement.

A lot is riding on our new DL… A Super Bowl as a matter of fact.

A Good DL and we’ll be awfully tough for any team to beat.

I say, barring injuries, if our DL is genuinely good we win the Super Bowl.

Additionally, if our line is good, Beane wins GM of the year.

At least he should after building that new DL for us.

Is it ready to take off? Three young ends plus five FA DL including Von Miller, add one Ed Oliver and mix….

Does our DL do it for us this year?

Man, I hope so…..

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Doesn't count. League rules changed.  After 4 it's not a comp pick and things are like June 1st usedtobe

After 4? What does that mean?

10 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I wouldn’t mind it either but they aren’t getting rid of Basham yet.  He could very well be better than Lawson.  

But if you’re Hughes are you going to go back to Buffalo on a fraction of what you made before to “compete” for your old job? 

Under-appreciated?  Maybe.  He seemingly was a great mentor to our young defensive ends.

underrated?  I don’t think so.  He was a serviceable defensive end, but I’m not sure if the Bills got the best return on his contract from on-field standpoint

No way Basham is getting cut. I just think if Hughes came back he would get more snaps than Basham.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Facts are not appreciated around here....

Still hoping they bring back Hughes. I think he would still be better than Lawson or Basham at reserve DE.  

I'd love Hughes back as well.  He would be better on paper than Lawson or Basham at reserve DE, but not for what we paid him last year.  

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

After 4? What does that mean?

No way Basham is getting cut. I just think if Hughes came back he would get more snaps than Basham.

AJ perhaps getting cut if he has a bad preseason?  Likely not given our lack of depth and his scheme familiarity, but it's put up time for him.  

15 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

How about best of luck Mario.. He came here and did his job, was a total professional. And as mentioned happened to lead us in sacks during his time here. Few injuries and we might actually miss him. 

Sure, I wish him luck. He was ok while he was here. We had bad sack totals from the EDGE, hence the upgrade to Von Miller. And that is a BIG upgrade.  The defense will be better with Von over Mario and we all know it.  Everyone busts their ass to play in the NFL. It's their job. I bust my ass every day. It's expected.

• Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

We won't miss him.

Judging by reaction, you honestly think Von Miller is not an upgrade over Addison. OK? We counldn't keep both and still develop our youth and they will learn way more from Von than from Addison or Hughes.  I'll say it again, we won't miss him.

Judging by whose reaction?  Sounds like a straw man to me.

16 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Our last memory of Mario is of him beating Damian Harris to the edge and not letting him get the first down in the playoffs. Hell of an effort play.

That was a great play. 

Almost cancels my memory of Addison going for the Kyler Murray sack instead of just running full bore into him, which could have resulted in an incompletion.

17 hours ago, WMDman said:

Wow surprised its a 2 year deal

Let's see what it looks like.  Coulda been one of these "1 year deals structured to look like 2"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.