CB Lonnie Johnson traded to KC

BillsMafi$

12 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Isn't Darren Sharper in prison for multiple rapes??

Indeed he is. That is why the comment below was made above in this thread. :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Flashback to him (the TE) getting murdered by Sharper and fumbling.  I believe Sharper is dropping soap as we speak.

KC has made a lot of under the radar 'buy low' type of moves this offseason that could pay huge dividends and keep them atop the AFC throne unfortunately. A lot of pundits feel they had the best draft in the entire NFL too.

Still think it's going to be much tougher task for them to win their division and/or make it to a 5th straight AFCCG this year though given the insane arms race in the AFCW this offseason.

Edited by FilthyBeast
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Friggin’ Lonnie Johnson.

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lonnie Friggggggin' Johnson?

I remember those painful days very well and whenever his name comes up - the above is exactly what I think about. 
Of all the other busts in recent Bills history, do you remember why the word "friggin" was so intricately linked to his name?

17 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Fuggin' Lonnie. 

Same question

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Flashback to him (the TE) getting murdered by Sharper and fumbling.  I believe Sharper is dropping soap as we speak.

Man, what was he thinking looking behind him as he ran?

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The Chiefs can rebuild him. They have the technology... Change his name to Steve 😎

Somewhere Diggs is chomping at the bit. Jets and Chiefs games may be best of his early career

early?

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

After the play where he got his bell rung, he converted to defense.

" I don't ever want the responsibility of carrying that ball ever again."

With my best Johnny Carson voice. I did not know that! 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can’t be any worse than this guy

Lol nope, can’t can’t any worse.  

He’s been bad and will likely remain bad.  But the upside is there.  For a conditional 7th….it’s a no brainer to me.  If you give up the 7th, that means he’s impressed enough to make the team.  It’s a no lose 

On 5/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, GunnerBill said:

He has been appalling. Houston have tried him on the boundary, at nickel and at safety. Bad at all 3.

He will become all pro kc 

5 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Whenever I hear that name, I think of him getting blown up on that punt vs GB. One of the biggest hits I've ever seen. 

Johnson was looking 100% back up field and literally never saw the hit coming.

For that reason, it was a hockey type of hit when a guy is caught with his head down.

Absolutely devastating and explosive!

On 5/2/2022 at 7:04 PM, NewEra said:

A corner that played on a dumpster fire team with no pass rush and No culture.  I don’t put very much stock into 7th rd picks, so o see like taking a chance on a guy that we can cut if he sucks.  Our coaching staff has had success with every corner they’ve gotten their hands on.  Risk vs reward leans towards Johnson over a 7th pick. If we cut him, who cares.  It’s a 7th rd pick 

To add, it was a 2024 7th round pick. That’s like less than nothing. Chiefs can easily recoup that pick next draft too. 

One thing about the Bills not making a deal for this guy. Even though the Bills have done a great job at cb’s brought into the team, perhaps part of that reason is by being selective in who they choose? 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

To add, it was a 2024 7th round pick. That’s like less than nothing. Chiefs can easily recoup that pick next draft too. 

One thing about the Bills not making a deal for this guy. Even though the Bills have done a great job at cb’s brought into the team, perhaps part of that reason is by being selective in who they choose? 

Good point.  For a team that’s been getting by with 7th rd/UDFAs manning cb2, they don’t take as many shots on budget FAs as I would’ve thought.  Especially with all the new practice squad spots.  Bring one in, see what he has, cut him and replace him with another.  Rinse repeat. 

On 5/3/2022 at 6:10 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

After the play where he got his bell rung, he converted to defense.

" I don't ever want the responsibility of carrying that ball ever again."

Maybe you're thinking of Bucky Brooks? Don't think Friggin' Lonnie ever played to defense, ended his career in KC as a tight end.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.