So Who Will Not Be a Bill by September?

BillsfaninSB

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Kumerow like other Bills gets disrespected because he is used as a WR blocker.

I have no beef at all with Kumerow. I like him as a gunner, he can block well he can even be out there in some short yardage packages. My issue is with him as your 3rd outside receiver. That is a spot too high on the depth chart IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I have no beef at all with Kumerow. I like him as a gunner, he can block well he can even be out there in some short yardage packages. My issue is with him as your 3rd outside receiver. That is a spot too high on the depth chart IMO.

Agreed. But I’m also of the opinion that McKenzie can play outside (he’s done it some for us), and that McK would start over Kumerow if Diggs or Davis went down. Possibly Crowder as well, but I’ll admit that’s a pure guess on my part. 

54 minutes ago, Cash said:

Agreed. But I’m also of the opinion that McKenzie can play outside (he’s done it some for us), and that McK would start over Kumerow if Diggs or Davis went down. Possibly Crowder as well, but I’ll admit that’s a pure guess on my part. 

I think Crowder stays so Khalil can focus on returning kicks his rookie season. 

1 hour ago, Cash said:

Yes, Crowder and Shakir can play outside.  Maybe not fulltime, but either could play 20-30% of their snaps in that role.  Which is what each has basically done historically. That would leave say maybe 50% of snaps to "potentially replace".  But then keeping in mind Diggs moves around the offense alot (ie: motion to the "#2", lines up in the slot), we run bunch formations (which IMO who cares who is the "1/outside"), line up a TE or RB at the "1", etc.  So in reality, we don't need to fully replace Diggs or Davis outside snaps with a similar/same player, many options exist to mitigate a short-injury duration (ie 2-3 weeks).

Kumerow may not be ideal, but serviceable, if called upon.  Speedy is a huge unknown, he was liked enough to keep on the 53 and coming off a foot injury that possibly kept him from being at full health last year.  He's likely a "slot guy" too.  He struggles when pressed, hopefully something he improved with a year of NFL tutelage.  He can be a playmaker for us, another McKenzie type.

Long way of me saying, I think we run enough "empty" sets that favor versatile playmakers.  We can split out Cook, Motor, Knox, OJ (doesn't have to always be Diggs or Gabe), and feature our slot guys as well (we have an abundance of them).  Key thing is getting more RAC/YAC this year.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Haack is gone for sure.

Epenesa stays (95%), Ford stays (90%).

Moss is a tough one. We are not keeping all four RB. I can imagine a world when we decide to keep Duke Johnson. 

Gilliam, Matakevich and Taiwan Jones might be gone.

PLUS 1.  Concur in all respects.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Beane says that Ford has been working hard in the off season and knows this is his final contract year.  So, we'll see.

And going into last season he exclaimed that he had a whole new attitude and his head was now on straight (or something to that affect).  He was almost worse than the year before. 
Bust.

13 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

And going into last season he exclaimed that he had a whole new attitude and his head was now on straight (or something to that affect).  He was almost worse than the year before. 
Bust.

He did have the knee injury to rehab going into the previous off season.

At least this summer it appears he is fresh and injury free.  Hopefully that helps. 

Ford

Lawson

Haack

Gilliam

Kumerow

Boettger (cop out as he will be on PUP list)

Even though they did not draft a guard, Ford has been really awful. It would be great if he was serviceable, but he looks like a complete bust.

As I posted elsewhere, I think they bring back Hughes and Lawson is the odd man out on the DL. Epenesa gets one more year to suck and then is let go.

Gilliam should not have been on the roster last year. With two credible TEs and no need for a FB bye bye

Kumerow Bills drafted an extra CB and LB that can play teams. I think they are set at WR with Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, and Shakir. Add Stevenson for a returmer and I think that is all the WR spots they will keep.  I would favor bringing Sanders back if they want to keep 7 or if they cut Stevenson.  Kumerow mainly lined up at outside WR in obvious passing downs. That should be Howard or Cook lining up outside on those plays. Kumerow offers little that younger cheaper guys can do instead.

16 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Bust.

He was worse. Honestly he played RT better than he played either guard spot. He is a bust.

17 hours ago, Estro said:

Tyler Matakevich

Good call. They drafted two linebackers that can account for his 5 tackles a year.

15 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

He isn't on the team now.  Who is this Tremaine Edwards that you speak of?

2 players that never lived up to expectations, both looked decent year 1 and steadily got worse......

they remind me of eachother lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.