So Who Will Not Be a Bill by September?

BillsfaninSB

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Beane says that Ford has been working hard in the off season and knows this is his final contract year.  So, we'll see.

Cody Ford in the "pool"

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 7

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Haack is gone for sure.

Epenesa stays (95%), Ford stays (90%).

Moss is a tough one. We are not keeping all four RB. I can imagine a world when we decide to keep Duke Johnson. 

Gilliam, Matakevich and Taiwan Jones might be gone.

BBB believes in Moss, see article just posted about beans and the draft. I think Johnson is gone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tommy Sweeney could have trouble. 
Duke and Moss might be in a fight for a job. 
But I could see some “injuries” where some of the young talent might do an IR stint at the very least to start the season. I don’t personally see a ton of wiggle room for the roster. We’re gonna cut a couple guys I’m sure are liked. Our practice squad probably gets poached a few times in early season too. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Beane says that Ford has been working hard in the off season and knows this is his final contract year.  So, we'll see.

Don't see how he acquires the quick feet and balance he's missing, but hope he proves me wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Elam replaces Wallace
Cook replaces Breida - Moss looking at sitting on gameday unless Motor not running

Terrell Bernard likely replaces Dodson or Andre Smith

OJ Howard likely replaces Sweeney ?  Sweeney to PS ?

Punt God replaces Haack

Nobody on current roster replaces Ford as yet...TBD

Shakir likely replaces Stevenson who if makes it thru cuts goes to the PS unless Isaiah get hurt

Rest of draft picks, UDFAs likely cut and placed on PS

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You people on this crusade are going to be awfully disappointed when his 5th year option and long term extension get signed.   I can't wait

I'm with ya!!  That will be a really fun day! 

• Like (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, H2o said:

Cody Ford in the "pool"

giphy.gif

Freaking brutal 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, First Round Bust said:

Elam replaces Wallace
Cook replaces Breida - Moss looking at sitting on gameday unless Motor not running

Terrell Bernard likely replaces Dodson or Andre Smith

OJ Howard likely replaces Sweeney ?  Sweeney to PS ?

Punt God replaces Haack

Nobody on current roster replaces Ford as yet...TBD

Shakir likely replaces Stevenson who if makes it thru cuts goes to the PS unless Isaiah get hurt

Rest of draft picks, UDFAs likely cut and placed on PS

This looks largely correct, except that it does not account for Duke Johnson.  I suppose the line "Cook replaces Breida" could indicate that Johnson is gone.  It also seems like some of these rookies could be good special teamers - would that mean (finally) the end of Taiwan Jones?  I trust our coaching staff, and if they feel that Jones is essential, I'm all for it, but it seems like a difficult argument to tie up a roster spot to a special teams player who (1) does not offer anything at their primary position, even as a backup and (2) is not a young, developing player who might have a future on offense or defense.

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You people on this crusade are going to be awfully disappointed when his 5th year option and long term extension get signed.   I can't wait

He's not worth the money, he has poor instincts, the kid we drafted is his replacement sooner than later bank on it, there's only so much money to go around

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.