Bills 2022 defense - better or worse?

BuffaloBill

The Bills Defense in 2022  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Overall is the Bills D better in 2022?

2. 2. If they get better, which of the following applies?

• Will be statistically better but not a “feared” D - “Bend but don’t break” and the offense will need to win games
    • They will be a “feared” D that can win games on their own
    • I chose, “they will be worse”

With White coming back and with the addition of Elam, plus Poyer on a contract year, our secondary is going to be much stronger. This is going to allow Miller, Rousseau and Oliver to feast. I expect Rousseau and Oliver to continue to improve and maybe even substantially so. I think this defense will be feared, and it will be be so good that I see multiple sub 15 defensive allowed point games. This is the year we win a super bowl and it will be because our offense is near unstoppable and our defense is lights out. 

On 5/3/2022 at 12:34 PM, somnus00 said:

"Statistically?" The Bills likely will not be better. Not many defense in NFL history have been better "statistically."

But they are better set up to make a stop or a big play when going up against the elite offenses they'll see in the playoffs. In that way they should be better. And that's what matters to me.

Though during the season, I think they're still going to be a top defense. More physical and fast than last year. Statistically, they'll take a step back. 

This

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.