I think Greg Rousseau becomes an elite pass rusher in 2022

streetkings01

I really hope he does.  He has the physical traits to be one.  

As far as elite, I don't think even with 10 sacks he'd be "elite" this year.  An "elite" rusher is a guy commanding double teams for himself.  Very good pass rusher would be nice to see.   I can see 10 sacks for him.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

You gotta be a real clown to wanna bet against players on your team being successful!

I'm not betting against a Bills player. The real clown is you who interprets things incorrectly. I'll accept your apology. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

The interior of the DL was changed significantly. I'm just speculating here, but I think the edges are going to benefit from the additions on the interior. Add in Von Miller and yeah, Groot could very well be a major beneficiary. It'll be more because of that interior DL than Miller though. Miller will also benefit from the interior flushing the ball carrier out.

• Like (+1) 2

There are 2 things that i think will help Rousseau this season first having Miller in the Bills camp his experience will help him immensely then there is the fact that he has been in a NFL work out program for a entire off season .

Listening to 1 Bills Live Browny & Tasker have said Rousseau looks like a totally different human being given the amount of muscle he has added over this off season so that is going to be a huge help for him & yu put those 2 things together i think the guy will become a force to be reckoned with .

• Like (+1) 1

I would hope and expect improvement from Rousseau this season.  I don't expect Von Miller to have any magic effect on him beyond attracting more attention from opposing blockers.  Rousseau has an entirely different body type, and a different skill set rushing the passer.  He may learn a trick or two from Miller, and I think he's a strong leader and locker room presence, which benefits everyone, but Miller's presence is not going to remake Rousseau's game.

• Like (+1) 1

Some of u likely know about this list (win rates).  I just stumbled on it and was surprised to see him listed with the 5th best  Run Stop Win Rate for DE/OLB.

Bunch of Bills on the list, with Ed Oliver being top 10 in rush and run stop.

Anyway, Rousseau gets to 10 sacks, he’ll be one heckuva player … among the best in the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings#pbwrplayers

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not betting against a Bills player. The real clown is you who interprets things incorrectly. I'll accept your apology. 

You two need to get a room, 

On 5/2/2022 at 4:33 PM, streetkings01 said:

Calling it now……Greg Rousseau gets double digit sacks in 2022. 

#1 - Von Miller on the other side getting double teamed ……lots of 1on1 action for GR.

#2 - Learning from Von Miller is gonna take his game to the next level.

#3 - Our offense is gonna force alot of opponents to throw the ball to try and play catch-up …….GR will be able to pin his ears back and eat.

#4 - A full year in Buffalo’s strength and conditioning program.

i feel good about him in 22…….12-15 sacks…..calling it now!

Him getting double digit sacks I think is BOLD but not crazy. I think that is different to your thread title.... I'd be surprised if he is an "elite" pass rusher in year 2. Double digit sacks would not equate to that necessarily. I'm not saying that Greg can't eventually get to that. Nor am I saying double digit sacks wouldn't be a clear signal he is trending that way.... but he is still raw as a rusher. To be really elite you need to be the guy teams game plan to stop and STILL win lots of your rush downs. Teams are going to be planning to stop Von. That's why Greg getting 10 or 12 sacks is both plausible, but him being elite is less likely. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/2/2022 at 9:35 AM, GolfandBills said:

I heard something on one of the Bills podcasts forget which one but they said Rousseau looks like he put on a lot of muscle in his upper body.  I have a lot of hope for him this season as well 

One Bills Live talked about it. Said he has completely transformed himself.

• Like (+1) 1

LOVE Rousseau, kid is going to be a stud. 

Miller is a very very different type of player from him but will help greatly in his approach to the game and overall game understanding as a pass rusher, but what Miller does rushing and Rousseau two very different things... which is also why I'm excited you have two great talents with very different pass rush abilities. 

8 hours ago, hemma said:

Some of u likely know about this list (win rates).  I just stumbled on it and was surprised to see him listed with the 5th best  Run Stop Win Rate for DE/OLB.

Bunch of Bills on the list, with Ed Oliver being top 10 in rush and run stop.

Anyway, Rousseau gets to 10 sacks, he’ll be one heckuva player … among the best in the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings#pbwrplayers

Wow Ed Oliver on a few of those lists.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 9:15 AM, streetkings01 said:

You’d be 100% incorrect.

Miller - 11.5 to 18.5

Garrett - 7 to 13.5

Mack - 4 to 15

TJ Watt - 7 to 13

Donald - 9 to 11

C. Jones - 6 to 11.5

JJ Watt - 5.5 to 20.5

N. Bosa - 9 to 15.5(missed 2nd season)

D. Hunter - 6 to 12.5

C Jordan - 1 to 8

Burns - 7.5 to 9 

Don't you know facts are not welcome here....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.