I think Greg Rousseau becomes an elite pass rusher in 2022

streetkings01

If Groot lives up to expectations and develops into any of these comps we have an all pro DE on  our hands. If Von continues his high end play for two or three years watch out!! The key word in each sentence is if but I think it’s very likely they both happen. 😁

Edited by Paul Costa

12 hours ago, TPS said:

Yeah, they don't need big numbers with their rotation. 

I think they'll have at least 2 other DEs with 5-7 sacks, excluding Von (8-9), and maybe 3 DTs.  They could be a lot like Minnesota last year, no one with double-digit sacks, but second in the league overall. 

This is my thought. Have six guys getting 7-9 sacks and then one guy hitting 10+. Overall have great sack production but not one guy getting elite sack numbers. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gotta like that! Everyone ahead of him is seeing 25% more snaps or more and he is with in 7 or better with all of them, gonna be one hell of a season!

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/2/2022 at 10:35 AM, GolfandBills said:

I heard something on one of the Bills podcasts forget which one but they said Rousseau looks like he put on a lot of muscle in his upper body.  I have a lot of hope for him this season as well 

When I saw Groot's college highlights, the talent was evident but I didn't believe he had the strength to play successfully at the NFL level.  

To a degree, I felt the same way last season. 

The extra muscle is very good news.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2022 at 5:43 AM, babulator said:

Groot said he packed on a few pounds of muscle, and it's showing imho. He's looking pretty diesel below, I'm excited for his development!

Those arms don't look real... Jesus... Must be photoshopped!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I saw Groot's college highlights, the talent was evident but I didn't believe he had the strength to play successfully at the NFL level.  

I wonder how much general success for linemen (O and D) simply comes down to being super strong relative to most of your competition.  These guys all look like monsters, but strength doesn't work like that.  I can guarantee some of them are a LOT stronger than others, and that strength (if you have it) has to be an enormous advantage.

I always think back to Reggie White. The guy was a bull of a human being, and had to be as strong as anyone on the field in that era...on top of his general talent he already had.  

Players used to talk about Joe Klecko, too, as being unusually strong relative to those around him.

He was said to be just unusually strong, even by giant NFL linemen standards.  

Incidentally, here's a photo of me doing some weight training back in May...

61ebf43a23d96e6aa517b7e849333ba8--powerl

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Surprisingly Rousseau is very strong for his build and the extra muscle is only going to add to that strength. Exciting to see how he does next year.  

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Surprisingly Rousseau is very strong for his build and the extra muscle is only going to add to that strength. Exciting to see how he does next year.  

Love Rousseau, think he is going to be a stud, but 21 reps at 270 is not strong for d line

• 1 month later...

I tend to stay away from radical predictions.  Rousseau should improve year to year.  He was very young and very raw coming out of college.  He had lots of room to develop technique wise, and plenty of growth potential in terms of muscle development.  It should be both fun and interesting to watch that development bear fruit this season, but I'm happy to let it happen as it happens rather than force a prediction on to him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.