New nickname for our guy Matt Araiza

NeverOutNick

On 5/17/2022 at 11:26 PM, RyanC883 said:

Instill don’t get this.   If he didn’t hold in college someone else did.  Why can’t someone else hold here?   It can’t be that complex.  Get on the same page as the PK and hold the ball.  Laces out

Who ever it is that is the fg holder has to have the spare time within the practice sessions to work with the fg unit to get things down which is why they don't use a bu qb these days as they did when Reich was the holder in the glory years.  Can't take the already limited reps from the bu qb in practice to have him work with the fg unit to get on same page.  

On 5/18/2022 at 8:54 AM, Doc said:

If he proves to be a better punter than Haack, they will probably have somebody else hold like Keenum, who has done it in the past.  It won’t be ideal but It would work. 

Wasn't aware Keenum held for FGs in the league...or was it at UH....or HS....or peewee football?

😎 

13 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Wasn't aware Keenum held for FGs in the league...or was it at UH....or HS....or peewee football?

😎

I heard he held in the pros.  That might have been bad info.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, Bob in STL said:

Ho about we wait for him to make the team and produce, then the Nickname will come. 

On 5/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, Beerball said:

Does “He might make the team” have a nice ring to it?

On 5/7/2022 at 8:13 PM, John from Riverside said:

Can we please not give a drafted player a nickname until he actually does something in the NFL

On 5/8/2022 at 1:37 AM, george c said:

I’m just waiting to see if he’s good enough for the NFL before glossing him over.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:39 AM, chongli said:

Too soon. I am against giving nicknames to a rookie who hasn't even made the final roster yet. I am still wary from the Gary Anderson situation.

Sorry, to dredge up an old thread, but I agree with all of the above. (And yes, I'm quoting my previous post too.) He did not make this roster. I had hopes.

Also, there are a ton of jokes that could now be made on this thread, but I won't, out of respect for the situation.

If the mods want me too, I can delete this post.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:55 PM, Warcodered said:

Yep, too cool a name and too firmly embedded in the public's conscience, barring some other freak event that gives him another one this one is probably going to stick.

Yeah, I can say your post was prophetic.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Prison god

I believe in innocent until proven guilty so I think your nickname is a bit premature.

I am going to hope for the best case that he is cleared without any shadow of doubt so he can get on with his life as he chooses.  And that any of those that are responsible are caught a and get long prison sentences. I hope he then goes with 

There is a God. 

• Like (+1) 1