New nickname for our guy Matt Araiza

NeverOutNick

On 5/2/2022 at 2:42 PM, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

32 out of 32 teams use the punter as the holder.  So it is not Beane and McD.

My understanding is yhey do this partly because of the CBA limiting practice time.  Taking a backup QB to hold takes him away from his primary job and there are not that many hours you are allowed to practice.

I like the idea of putting Josh there as a decoy. Do it when you want them to burn a timeout.  10 times out of 10 if done sparingly, the defense would call a timeout.  And then have him jog off the field laughing. 

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

When people looked at Josh's low completion ratio coming out of college, they said, "You can't fix accuracy at this level."

So by comparing him to Josh, are you suggesting that you can, in fact, fix holding at this level?

Nailed it.

32 minutes ago, wjag said:

I like the idea of putting Josh there as a decoy. Do it when you want them to burn a timeout.  10 times out of 10 if done sparingly, the defense would call a timeout.  And then have him jog off the field laughing. 

Honestly, I could see it on FGs, not extra points.  If they don’t catch it, let him fire it or run.  I think you are right, it would just be a time out burner until somebody said screw it, let’s see you actually run the play. 

Matt “ I’m the emergency field goal kicker” Araiza 

or in fact, the punt god 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/04/why-new-bills-punter-doesnt-like-punt-god-nickname-takes-draft-position-personally.html?outputType=amp

Matt isn’t a huge fan of his college nickname “punt god” so I’m hoping we can come up with something unique to Buffalo for our new big leg. We’ve got a creative group here so I’m hoping something sticks and makes him feel the bills mafia love 

Ho about we wait for him to make the team and produce, then the Nickname will come. 

• Agree 1

On 5/2/2022 at 12:04 PM, MAJBobby said:

Better be "Elite Holder" based on the language Beane has been using.  (Second time in as many days talking about Holding)

Instill don’t get this.   If he didn’t hold in college someone else did.  Why can’t someone else hold here?   It can’t be that complex.  Get on the same page as the PK and hold the ball.  Laces out

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Instill don’t get this.   If he didn’t hold in college someone else did.  Why can’t someone else hold here?   It can’t be that complex.  Get on the same page as the PK and hold the ball.  Laces out

Lol.  Since he was FG Kicker and Punter they saved a roster spot and still used another punter/kicker as the holder. Helps to have unlimited rosters in college. 

We are not benching Bass for Araiza as kicker. Nor will they have a pure holder position as 4th STer 

9 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

If he proves to be a better punter than Haack, they will probably have somebody else hold like Keenum, who has done it in the past.  It won’t be ideal but It would work.