New nickname for our guy Matt Araiza

NeverOutNick

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/04/why-new-bills-punter-doesnt-like-punt-god-nickname-takes-draft-position-personally.html?outputType=amp

Matt isn’t a huge fan of his college nickname “punt god” so I’m hoping we can come up with something unique to Buffalo for our new big leg. We’ve got a creative group here so I’m hoping something sticks and makes him feel the bills mafia love 

Edited by NeverOutNick
Misspelled last name. My bad
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/04/why-new-bills-punter-doesnt-like-punt-god-nickname-takes-draft-position-personally.html?outputType=amp

Matt isn’t a huge fan of his college nickname “punt god” so I’m hoping we can come up with something unique to Buffalo for our new big leg. We’ve got a creative group here so I’m hoping something sticks and makes him feel the bills mafia love 

the fact he doesnt appreciate it SHOULD carry weight with Bills fans but Im not going to guarantee it will. Maybe if it becomes "Uncool" to call him that then a new name will come up. 

Instead of Punt God how about "Punt Lord" like "sith Lord" ..nope still infers deity....Wheres Chris Berman when u need him....He could probably create a new nick name that would stick.......... I've got it...I was inspired by Chris Berman.....how about Matt "BOOMER" Araiza?

I like it :-))))))))

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

He should embrace it. When was the last time it was cool to be a punter? By the time Mcafee got popular he retired and went into media. I wouldn't put PUNT GOD on the back of the jersey a la HE HATE ME but I would definitely have some fun with it. YouTube channel, merch (I saw some stuff on Etsy already), could parlay the fame into commercials etc. People are excited that we have the "Punt God" on our team

Edited by KDIGGZ

16 minutes ago, chongli said:

Too soon. I am against giving nicknames to a rookie who hasn't even made the final roster yet. I am still wary from the Gary Anderson situation.

Lol I'm with you, but for the hell of it Thunder Foot 2.0

• Like (+1) 1

" boomer" comes to mind..am intrigued that we drafted him, but all that glitters is not gold:

interesting stat that his avg hang-time last season was less than 4 seconds and even less than the two P drafted before him

so his arc-trajectories are lower but result in longer kicks which is kind of dangerous at NFL-level given he may out-distance our coverage and also give a lower more returnable ball which may negate/offest the additional distance gained via his punts...also have to wonder if not for being left-footed would Beano have picked him ?

Edited by First Round Bust
sp
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

" boomer" comes to mind..am intrigued that we drafted him, but all that glitters is not gold:

interesting stat that his avg hang-time last season was less than 4 seconds and even less than the two P drafted before him

so his arc-trajectories are lower but result in longer kicks which is kind of dangerous at NFL-level given he may out-distance our coverage and also give a lower more returnable ball which may negate/offest the additional distance gained via his punts...also have to wonder if not for being left-footed would Beano have picked him ?

I think Boomer has possibilities and it does tie in with Swami aka Boomer Chris Berman but I understand how nick names are organic creations lol Meatball is an example........Josh Allen in my mind became seventeen  when I heard Diggs talk to him in the tunnel...talking up his boy 17 that became my nick name for Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

• NeverOutNick changed the title to New nickname for our guy Matt Araiza
2 minutes ago, muppy said:

I think Boomer has possibilities and it does tie in with Swami aka Boomer Chris Berman but I understand how nick names are organic creations lol Meatball is an example........Josh Allen in my mind became seventeen  when I heard Diggs talk to him in the tunnel...talking up his boy 17 that became my nick name for Josh. 

Boomer! Yes I love that, gives respect to our boy Berman who always circled the wagons for our bills and it’s fun. So far that’s my vote for sure

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Better be "Elite Holder" based on the language Beane has been using.  (Second time in as many days talking about Holding)

I don't understand why it has to be the punter with Beane and McD.  Why can't the back-up QB do it like Romo and Reich used to?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1