The 2nd Wave of Free Agency Starts Today at 4PM

Pounding the table for Will Fuller!

The FO intentionally went into the draft with two holes - CB (Wallace) + WR (Sanders).  They did not fill the Sanders spot (and no, a 5th round pick that went after the run on kickers does not count).  The FA money goes to the WR.

Of the WRs - W Fuller is the man.  He is the speed man that would fit like a glove in this offense.  His injury history is what is holding him back from big money, and on a prove it deal I think Beane could get him for Sanders money.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Some ideas: 

Riley Reiff T - Perfect swing tackle who has a lot of experience and could start for you if need be. 

Billy Price C/G - Interior O linemen who has had a very disappointing career so far. Can play guard or center and played much better with the Giants. 

Trey Hopkins also makes sense as a backup IOL. 

Kyle Long is probably done, but is a Kromer guy from his time with the Bears. 

Jesse James TE - Is it finally time for this to happen? 

Stephen Carlson - H back type tight end 

Dante Pettis WR - I think there is something there. Always liked him and can compete as a return guy

Will Fuller WR - He hasn't't played in a while, but he is the guy who can stretch the field, which we don't quite have in our corps right now. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think he is a fit. 

Landon Collins - DB - A chance to revive his career and he could serve as a top flight #3 safety, play a ton of specials and play some heavy nickel. Collins is coming out of Ron rivera's system, so should have some knowledge about the scheme. 

That's all I got. 

Jason Peters........played well for near veteran minimum as a starting LT last year.........best reserve swing T on the market even at his age.

AJ Green....(EDIT: GREEN SIGNED BACK WITH AZ FOR CHEAP).....people may assume he is washed but he put up 848 yards at 15.7 yards per reception last season playing with a QB who is usually shot and stuffed by Thanksgiving.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It should be noted that right now, Poyer is taking up the Bills 6th highest cap hit at $10.8M, and that any extension worked out with him could potentially lower this.

What kind of extension would you be willing to offer Poyer?  He’ll be 32 when his current contract is up so that’s likely a limiting factor.  I think Beane is going to be looking to push for a serious youth movement after this season, particularly on defense.  Between Poyer, Hyde, Lawson, Miller, and Phillips, they’ve got a lot of older players playing a ton of snaps.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It should be noted that right now, Poyer is taking up the Bills 6th highest cap hit at $10.8M, and that any extension worked out with him could potentially lower this.

What kind of extension would you be willing to offer Poyer?  He’ll be 32 when his current contract is up so that’s likely a limiting factor.  I think Beane is going to be looking to push for a serious youth movement after this season, particularly on defense.  Between Poyer, Hyde, Lawson, Miller, and Phillips, they’ve got a lot of older players playing a ton of snaps.

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Honestly, I would have tried to trade Poyer during the draft (maybe Beane did) instead of giving him a big extension. I'm just not sure whether Jaquan Johnson or Damar Hamlin are ready to fill Poyer's role. We can't extend everyone because that's how you get into cap hell in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jason Peters........played well for near veteran minimum as a starting LT last year.........best reserve swing T on the market even at his age.

AJ Green.........people may assume he is washed but he put up 848 yards at 15.7 yards per reception last season playing with a QB who is usually shot and stuffed by Thanksgiving.

AJ signed with AZ.  I need you on the W Fuller bandwagon - 4.32 speed at Sanders prices.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe AJ Green re-upped with the Angry Birds (Cardinals) in mid-April

Yep, I missed it, free agency has been slow the past few weeks.

He signed for 1 year $3.5M and the actual cap hit in 2021 is just over the league minimum.   The rest is in 2 voidable years.

That for a guy who put up numbers that a lot of Bills fans would think would be good production from Gabriel Davis in 2022.   (I personally think Davis should put up over 1,000 without any real competition for snaps).

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

AJ signed with AZ.  I need you on the W Fuller bandwagon - 4.32 speed at Sanders prices.

I like the idea..........but not the Sander's 2021 price.

It's prove-it time for Will "he play" Fuller.

22 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Honestly, I would have tried to trade Poyer during the draft (maybe Beane did) instead of giving him a big extension. I'm just not sure whether Jaquan Johnson or Damar Hamlin are ready to fill Poyer's role. We can't extend everyone because that's how you get into cap hell in a few years.

I’m an atheist when it comes to the salary cap, but I firmly believe that age catches up with everyone but Brady, and it tends to do so suddenly.

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I like the idea..........but not the Sander's 2021 price.

It's prove-it time for Will "he play" Fuller.

A 28 yo, veteran, 4.32 speed WR coming off a thumb injury (big whoop).  Beane has to offer at least $6M.   Fuller was stuck in Miami last year, no need to come back fast from that.

This guy is better for '22 than J Williams would be.  And those top 10 rookies get close to $5M I think.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

A 28 yo, veteran, 4.32 speed WR coming off a thumb injury (big whoop).  Beane has to offer at least $6M.   Fuller was stuck in Miami last year, no need to come back fast from that.

This guy is better for '22 than J Williams would be.  And those top 10 rookies get close to $5M I think.

IF IF IF he can actually get on the field and play....which I suppose with our training staff and facilities is possible.  I've never cared for the guy but maybe he can be "his best self" here.  Offer him the same deal Crowder got. Take it or leave it. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

You guys still want WRs? We have Diggs, Davis, Crowder, McKenzie, a rookie with potential in Shakir, and two unknowns with potential in Stevenson and Hodgins. Not to mention Touchdown Jesus. There’s no all star receiver coming in now that’ll push that group even higher so why the desire to add names like Fuller? You’ve gotta let your own play at some point. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Pounding the table for Will Fuller!

The FO intentionally went into the draft with two holes - CB (Wallace) + WR (Sanders).  They did not fill the Sanders spot (and no, a 5th round pick that went after the run on kickers does not count).  The FA money goes to the WR.

Of the WRs - W Fuller is the man.  He is the speed man that would fit like a glove in this offense.  His injury history is what is holding him back from big money, and on a prove it deal I think Beane could get him for Sanders money.

Will fuller??? Lol that guy is now garbage. Couldn’t stay on the field last season when he played in Miami. And he wasn’t even productive when he did play. Hard pass, I’d rather re sign sanders 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

I'm definitely interested in bringing Daryl Williams back. He would really add to our interior depth on the line. We could also potentially add depth at corner or defensive end. The rest of the roster is set imo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Fuller ran a 4.32 about 20 injuries ago, there's no way he still has that same speed. Now I do agree he's an intriguing low-cost option for a 1yr deal, but in a lottery ticket sense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.